A General Letter in Agreement with JCL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:16:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A General Letter in Agreement with JCL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: A General Letter in Agreement with JCL  (Read 3457 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 29, 2016, 09:44:47 PM »

Actually, what you call a trait is a lifestyle choice. One which counters the national order of who you were made to be as a male. The science that says being gay is natural in some is highly questionable at best.
Those who come hither are generally of the most ignorant Stupid Sort of their own sexuality…and as few of the Straight understand the Gay Lifestyle, and so cannot address them either from the Christian Press or Pulpit, ’tis almost impossible to remove any prejudices they once entertain…Not being used to Straightnsss, they know not how to make a modest use of it…I remember when they modestly declined intermeddling in our Marriages, but now they come in droves, and carry all before them, except in one or two Regions...In short unless the stream of their importation could be turned from this to other websites, as you very judiciously propose, they will soon so out number us, that all the advantages we have will not in My Opinion be able to preserve our sexualities, and even our Government will become precarious.

In all seriousness, this is far more bigoted than anything else I have ever heard any major politician ever say, on Atlasia or in America. This is not dog whistling. This is not hints against "them". This is plain, open and overt homophobia. This is pseudoscience and pseudo thought and very real bigotry, and I hope we can all condemn this, as Cris, Truman, and a couple of others have already done.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 10:01:39 PM »

I am sick and tired of anyone, Laborite or Federalist, condoning these homophobes and allowing them to get away with these statements. I not only say this as a gay person, but also as a human.

Anyone that believes someone is "unnatural" for who they are, isn't fit to serve in this nation's legislative body. I ask that we start a coalition of "Atlasians Against Homophobia" to allow everyone to join in on this fight.

The sad thing is, and the thing we must look at isn't just JCL's ignorant comments, but at the culture of homophobia and bigotry that is still in our nation. JCL just unearthed this. This is not a partisan issue, this is a human issue for your fellow man. I ask those that are Christian to do the Christian thing to do and love thy neighbor, not hate on them for who they love.

I believe that most of you who believe these things are just ignorant, and your hate comes out of naiveté with LGBT people. I truly hope this, for a man to hate another just because of the man or woman they love is unnatural. And for those of you that use your religion as an excuse for your prejudice, I ask you why a merciful god as ours would put us on this earth if not to love us just as our straight brothers and sisters.

I ask you, all of you. To do the right thing, and do the Christian thing. Grow your heart, not your hate.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 10:50:55 PM »

I am sick and tired of anyone, Laborite or Federalist, condoning these homophobes and allowing them to get away with these statements. I not only say this as a gay person, but also as a human.

Anyone that believes someone is "unnatural" for who they are, isn't fit to serve in this nation's legislative body. I ask that we start a coalition of "Atlasians Against Homophobia" to allow everyone to join in on this fight.

The sad thing is, and the thing we must look at isn't just JCL's ignorant comments, but at the culture of homophobia and bigotry that is still in our nation. JCL just unearthed this. This is not a partisan issue, this is a human issue for your fellow man. I ask those that are Christian to do the Christian thing to do and love thy neighbor, not hate on them for who they love.

I believe that most of you who believe these things are just ignorant, and your hate comes out of naiveté with LGBT people. I truly hope this, for a man to hate another just because of the man or woman they love is unnatural. And for those of you that use your religion as an excuse for your prejudice, I ask you why a merciful god as ours would put us on this earth if not to love us just as our straight brothers and sisters.

I ask you, all of you. To do the right thing, and do the Christian thing. Grow your heart, not your hate.

Can I do the Jewish thing and get lox and cream cheese on that bagel?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 12:08:29 AM »

I agree with you completely, and I do get a lot of flak among my friends for being pro gay marriage (although I don't think government should force Christians to marry homosexual people). Unfortunately, whether you are Christian or not, humans are more than willing to look at other people's perceived flaws and tell them about it as a moral replacement to carefully examining their own character and adjusting it for the betterment of humanity.

At its core, this issue is an example of this. Christians are more willing to point out that "homosexuality is a sin" rather than stop and ask themselves "is what I'm doing bringing people closer to God?" Likewise, on the other side, non-Christians are completely ok with pointing out how Christian thinking is illogical, but don't stop to ask "is this really the best way to bridge the gap between the LGBTQ community and the Christian community?"

Ultimately, the best way to get change is to stop shouting opinions at each orther for a second, and I admit to doing this quite often, and take a peak inside ourselves and reevaluate our actions.

Anyway, Christians should love more, and we ask that the LGBTQ community is a little patient with us. Many Christians, among the crusading, have forgotten how to love.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 12:47:55 AM »
« Edited: August 30, 2016, 12:49:50 AM by Santander »

Obama has mentioned the gay lifestyle in an interview before. JCL is a good person and nothing that he wrote suggests that he is casting judgement upon other individuals for their lifestyle or for their sexual orientation. He merely expressed his view on homosexuality as it relates to natural law, a view which is shared by many, if not most Americans. It is really a disgrace that he has been singled out for attacks and name-calling on this issue. Don't you people have better things to do? I am sure that, like most people in this day and age, JCL knows friends or family members who are gay, and I am sure that he loves and cares about them regardless of their sexual orientation.

By attacking JCL for his sincerely-held beliefs without any context, you are the ones being intolerant. This is the problem with the left - you cannot help but view people as part of a collective rather than as individuals, and it leads to perpetual victimization. JCL, like me, chooses to see people as individuals, and he is accepting of those who are not like him.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 05:11:46 AM »

I'm not LGBT myself, but I have very close friends who are and I saw their suffering from homophobia that steamed from exactly such remarks. So I don't give f**k whether it's just his stupidity, it's still unacceptable.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 05:16:33 AM »

Obama has mentioned the gay lifestyle in an interview before. JCL is a good person and nothing that he wrote suggests that he is casting judgement upon other individuals for their lifestyle or for their sexual orientation. He merely expressed his view on homosexuality as it relates to natural law, a view which is shared by many, if not most Americans. It is really a disgrace that he has been singled out for attacks and name-calling on this issue. Don't you people have better things to do? I am sure that, like most people in this day and age, JCL knows friends or family members who are gay, and I am sure that he loves and cares about them regardless of their sexual orientation.

By attacking JCL for his sincerely-held beliefs without any context, you are the ones being intolerant. This is the problem with the left - you cannot help but view people as part of a collective rather than as individuals, and it leads to perpetual victimization. JCL, like me, chooses to see people as individuals, and he is accepting of those who are not like him.

Actually, what you call a trait is a lifestyle choice. One which counters the national order of who you were made to be as a male. The science that says being gay is natural in some is highly questionable at best.

Isn't this casting judgement upon other individuals for their lifestyle or for their sexual orientation?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 05:43:40 AM »

Considering Santander admitted to being a racist in another thread I'd hardly read his opinion as the gospel/

Point aside JCL is just being a homophobic idiot; I don't need to do the whole emotional speech about being gay, the challenges etc. It's just stupid to call it as lifestyle choice
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 06:39:34 AM »

By attacking JCL for his sincerely-held beliefs without any context, you are the ones being intolerant.

This is the same tired line that bigots carry out every time they're held accountable for treating marginalized people in this country like second-class citizens or worse.  Sorry if that hurts your or JCL's delicate feelings, but the entire reason people are viewed as collectives in the first place is that society has told them that their lives are worth less than those who make up the majority, or that there's something distinctly wrong with them that merits exclusion.

If JCL insists on viewing people this way (and ignoring any evidence that challenges his beliefs), well I take pity on him and can only hope that his heart softens on this one day.  But he's not drawing Hagrid closer to God by telling him the same insulting, thoroughly discredited nonsense that he and the rest of the LGBT community have heard for years.

Maybe next time this issue comes up, he can shut up and keep his misguided, hateful opinions to himself.  That would end better for everyone involved.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 07:43:27 AM »

If JCL insists on viewing people this way (and ignoring any evidence that challenges his beliefs), well I take pity on him and can only hope that his heart softens on this one day.  But he's not drawing Hagrid closer to God by telling him the same insulting, thoroughly discredited nonsense that he and the rest of the LGBT community have heard for years.

JCL's entire posting history are basically the same talking point repeated all over again, without a slightest element of actual elaboration.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 12:22:31 PM »

Also, I appreciate the sentiment, but I'm not interested in being drawn closer to the Capital-G God who, in the majority, is surrounded by small-minded bigots who use faith to legitimize ignorance. I'm gonna keep "Him" out if it on my end, because my beliefs are my beliefs.

So for your sake, please don't devote too much concern to drawing me closer to God. Tongue Because you'll be expending a lot of energy, lol. My spiritual life is just fine the way it is. I'm not sick or wanting when it comes to the Holy Spirit.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 12:44:51 PM »

What is the worry here?  Is he about to become dictator of Atlasia or something and impose his beliefs on everyone?  If what he said bothers you, don't vote for him.  Is him expressing an opinion a direct threat to anyone's well-being? Does this require a special prosecutor and a Congressional investigation to root out dissenters from the consensus on sexual matters?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 12:51:51 PM »

What is the worry here?  Is he about to become dictator of Atlasia or something and impose his beliefs on everyone?  If what he said bothers you, don't vote for him.  Is him expressing an opinion a direct threat to anyone's well-being? Does this require a special prosecutor and a Congressional investigation to root out dissenters from the consensus on sexual matters?

Do you ever tire of being deliberately obtuse?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 12:57:22 PM »

We're sorry for calling a close-minded bigot out for what he is Roll Eyes
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 01:21:49 PM »
« Edited: August 30, 2016, 01:48:56 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

Yes, it is a threat. Until every child can grow up assured that it would not be a disappointment or an embarrassment to be gay, bigotry must be shot down at every opportunity.

I imagine if you had grown up in this ideal world, shua, your personal dilemmas and discomforts would not be there to propel you to defend these people. It genuinely saddens me to know what society is capable of.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 01:24:14 PM »

In all seriousness I don't expect that we'll be able to get anything through JCL's thick skull, but bigotry must be called out when it appears.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 03:03:34 PM »

How original!  Where did you come up with that one?

I tire of people who gang up to shut down conversation with insults and pat each other on the back for how moral they are and what a great difference they are making in the world through their online outrage.  This is a fantasy elections game for s sake, you're not progressing actual society by trying to keep posters from being elected here.  But I guess that stance is the official definition of "deliberately obtuse" now. 
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 04:05:39 PM »

I tire of people who gang up to shut down conversation with insults and pat each other on the back for how moral they are and what a great difference they are making in the world through their online outrage.  This is a fantasy elections game for s sake, you're not progressing actual society by trying to keep posters from being elected here.  But I guess that stance is the official definition of "deliberately obtuse" now. 

You've been putting on this 'halfwitted contrarian' act for years now.  That's what people here are tired of.

I'm sure you know very well this has nothing to do with a stupid fantasy game and everything to do with JCL's constant immunity toward reason and shameless degradation of LGBT people.  The election's been over for a week now.  It doesn't matter who's elected to what fake office if bigotry can go unacknowledged.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 04:17:00 PM »

Why is this thing entitled 'a general letter in agreement with JCL'?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 04:27:54 PM »

You've been putting on this 'halfwitted contrarian' act for years now.  That's what people here are tired of.

I'm sure you know very well this has nothing to do with a stupid fantasy game and everything to do with JCL's constant immunity toward reason and shameless degradation of LGBT people.  The election's been over for a week now.  It doesn't matter who's elected to what fake office if bigotry can go unacknowledged.

What board is this discussion on?  The reason we are talking about this is because people are upset the federalists haven't completely disavowed JCL over the subject, is it not?  Is there some actual goal in mind here that transcends this game?

I don't know why JCL thinking homosexuality is immoral is so much worse than say, saying that if a small child had been killed by a gorilla for climbing into a pen it would have served the little brat and his parents right.  But whatever, have your unending self-congratulatory parade of righteous indignation.  And keep castigating me for not unreflectively joining every new bandwagon that rolls into town.  I'm sure it will vastly improve something or other in some alternate universe.   
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 04:28:34 PM »

clickbait
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 04:51:28 PM »

Kingpoleon did this to mock JCL's bigotry with a false thread.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2016, 04:59:48 PM »

Oh, please.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 05:02:38 PM »

Oh, please.

lol. Saying gay people are unnatural is pretty bigoted, but as you Trump supporters think Hillary Clinton is a bigot there's no use explaining simple facts.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2016, 05:33:25 PM »

Why are you still playing this in the context of a game? This isn't a game. This is someone who needs to be disposed of.

HOT TAKE! Majority of Americans! :yelaugh

Oh, please.

lol. Saying gay people are unnatural is pretty bigoted, but as you Trump supporters think Hillary Clinton is a bigot there's no use explaining simple facts.

She is.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies