Your opinion of this parody of The Young Turks? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:52:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Your opinion of this parody of The Young Turks? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What do you think of this TYT parody?
Freedom parody

Horrible parody

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: Your opinion of this parody of The Young Turks?  (Read 7018 times)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« on: August 30, 2016, 03:38:08 PM »

Steven Crowder is an HP.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 05:42:23 PM »

He made a transphobic parody of Schoolhouse Rock. He's scum.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 08:04:50 PM »

Huh. I thought you were one of the reasonable conservatives.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 10:10:48 AM »

Was the comedy supposed to begin after the angry loudmouth finished screaming?  I didn't get that far, I'm afraid.

I don't like that video for its humor; I do by and large concur with the sentiment in this thread that conservative humor is lacking. It's about telling off the whiny, spoiled, privileged Trigglypuffs of the world (this is the event where that viral video came from, actually).

DAE librulz are the real privilegeds?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 03:30:04 PM »

Was the comedy supposed to begin after the angry loudmouth finished screaming?  I didn't get that far, I'm afraid.

I don't like that video for its humor; I do by and large concur with the sentiment in this thread that conservative humor is lacking. It's about telling off the whiny, spoiled, privileged Trigglypuffs of the world (this is the event where that viral video came from, actually).

DAE librulz are the real privilegeds?

If you are a college student with the luxury of going to a speaking engagement just to heckle the speakers, you are probably privileged.

Well yeah, everyone is privileged. Your point?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 09:42:24 PM »

OK, but the student was making legitimate points about feminism and privilege, and just because she was "privileged" in the sense that she could pay for college (and maybe she got scholarships or something) doesn't mean that she was privileged in every other respect.

As for your second paragraph, I totally agree with you (assuming that's an accurate description of the video) but it has nothing to do with Crowder.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 10:50:14 AM »

OK, but the student was making legitimate points about feminism and privilege, and just because she was "privileged" in the sense that she could pay for college (and maybe she got scholarships or something) doesn't mean that she was privileged in every other respect.

There's no greater privilege than money and that's includes scholarship. College students are people who can afford to invest several years of their life into education, that's what privilege is. And if they take a education which is expensive and worthless, that's doesn't make them unprivileged, it just make them stupid.

OK, but she still might have other disadvantages that you don't know about. Also a Republican lecturing people on privilege is incredibly hypocritical.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 10:52:24 AM »

The funny thing is, the only people I've heard saying that privilege automatically invalidates your opinions are conservatives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies