Trump will nake a major speech on immigration in Arizona on Wednesday.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:41:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump will nake a major speech on immigration in Arizona on Wednesday.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Trump will nake a major speech on immigration in Arizona on Wednesday.  (Read 6390 times)
Stockdale for Veep

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2016, 09:42:04 PM »

For the innocent people executed by the death penalty. O well...
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2016, 09:42:33 PM »

This man and his followers are monsters.
Everyone who wants secure the border is fascist!

Big difference between "we need to secure the boarder" and "we will built a huge, deficit increasing wall and deport everyone in the country no matter what and Mexicans are evil".
He just doubled down [few times Grin] Obama's deportation politics.

Mexicans are evil? He didn't say it.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2016, 09:43:39 PM »

Bannan hasn't started his Prime Trump campaign in full yet, tonight is just the start.
"Do you want a war more total than you could ever imagine?"
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2016, 09:46:06 PM »

A day of potential positives turned into a day of overwhelming negatives.
swf541

« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2016, 09:48:50 PM »

Pretty much of this
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2016, 09:50:04 PM »

I loved it, but it was dark, way to dark. We'll see Roll Eyes
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2016, 09:50:23 PM »

7 hours ago I was predicting a Trump bump in the polls, and now I'm expecting to see him back at post-convention levels.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2016, 09:51:52 PM »

Trump needs to be defeated and defeated in a landslide. This guys mentallly unfit.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2016, 09:57:02 PM »

That has been the story of his campaign so far. He takes one step forward and then two step backwards while completely falling on his ass.

The man just isn't smart and the people advising him aren't smart.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2016, 09:57:13 PM »

Trump is so hilariously predictable.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2016, 09:58:46 PM »

So, what I take from this speech is:

*Deport DREAMERS
*Build a Wall
*Severely Limit Immigration
*Deport everyone
*Increase Deportation Agencies
*implement ideological test

what else did I miss

Didn't he also say no Syrians/no Libyans?
Reluctant Republican

« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2016, 10:00:47 PM »

Watching the families of people who died at the hands of illegal aliens was hard to watch. I see why they back Trump, but the devotion to him was a bit unsettling.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2016, 10:08:01 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Best part. Got many lols Grin
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2016, 10:13:13 PM »

This speech makes me wounder what they really talked about in Mexico Huh
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2016, 10:14:08 PM »

This speech makes me wounder what they really talked about in Mexico Huh

Nothing productive. He was basically blasted down from the beginning and didn't know how to take it from there.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2016, 10:28:49 PM »

Watching the families of people who died at the hands of illegal aliens was hard to watch. I see why they back Trump, but the devotion to him was a bit unsettling.

I understand why they're devoted to him.  THEIR government failed them.  Not just their Federal Government, but, in some case their "Sanctuary City" local government which, quite frankly, obstructed justice.

These people are sick and tired of folks whining about people who come here illegally needing to "come out of the shadows", or concern about "keeping families together", or how (from Jeb!'s mouth to my ears) it's an "act of love" to crash the border and enter America.  They endure these discussions watching the news in the face of their own experiences and rightly conclude that political elites that benefit from illegal immigration not only don't care about these people's pain, but find them a nuisance and hope they go away.  I'm sure that at least some of them hoped that someone other than Donald Trump would stand up for them, but they're glad that he did.  Hillary Clinton couldn't care less about these folks; they cramp HER talking points.

What's the difference between the Angel Moms on stage with Trump and the Khans?  The difference is that while the Khans endured tragedy, their government did not fail them.  Captain Khan enlisted in the military; he signed up for the possibility of being killed in action.  All of our military do, in reality.  My second son did, and served in Afghanistan; he could have come home dead, and I'm thankful to God that he didn't.  Trump's Angel Moms are a different story; they are all cases of folks whose government failed to protect citizenry, and the cases that involve "sanctuary cities" are the most egregious failures of government not fulfilling its first duty to its citizens.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2016, 10:32:16 PM »

I understand why they're devoted to him.  THEIR government failed them.  Not just their Federal Government, but, in some case their "Sanctuary City" local government which, quite frankly, obstructed justice.

These people are sick and tired of folks whining about people who come here illegally needing to "come out of the shadows", or concern about "keeping families together", or how (from Jeb!'s mouth to my ears) it's an "act of love" to crash the border and enter America.  They endure these discussions watching the news in the face of their own experiences and rightly conclude that political elites that benefit from illegal immigration not only don't care about these people's pain, but find them a nuisance and hope they go away.  I'm sure that at least some of them hoped that someone other than Donald Trump would stand up for them, but they're glad that he did.  Hillary Clinton couldn't care less about these folks; they cramp HER talking points.

What's the difference between the Angel Moms on stage with Trump and the Khans?  The difference is that while the Khans endured tragedy, their government did not fail them.  Captain Khan enlisted in the military; he signed up for the possibility of being killed in action.  All of our military do, in reality.  My second son did, and served in Afghanistan; he could have come home dead, and I'm thankful to God that he didn't.  Trump's Angel Moms are a different story; they are all cases of folks whose government failed to protect citizenry, and the cases that involve "sanctuary cities" are the most egregious failures of government not fulfilling its first duty to its citizens.

Most of these people have no contact with minorities. They're the bogeyman in the shadows who's doing "all the crime" and "taking our jobs". Made up fears to make up for their lack of education or job skills.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2016, 10:37:40 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2016, 11:07:32 PM by Yank2133 »

I understand why they're devoted to him.  THEIR government failed them.  Not just their Federal Government, but, in some case their "Sanctuary City" local government which, quite frankly, obstructed justice.

These people are sick and tired of folks whining about people who come here illegally needing to "come out of the shadows", or concern about "keeping families together", or how (from Jeb!'s mouth to my ears) it's an "act of love" to crash the border and enter America.  They endure these discussions watching the news in the face of their own experiences and rightly conclude that political elites that benefit from illegal immigration not only don't care about these people's pain, but find them a nuisance and hope they go away.  I'm sure that at least some of them hoped that someone other than Donald Trump would stand up for them, but they're glad that he did.  Hillary Clinton couldn't care less about these folks; they cramp HER talking points.

What's the difference between the Angel Moms on stage with Trump and the Khans?  The difference is that while the Khans endured tragedy, their government did not fail them.  Captain Khan enlisted in the military; he signed up for the possibility of being killed in action.  All of our military do, in reality.  My second son did, and served in Afghanistan; he could have come home dead, and I'm thankful to God that he didn't.  Trump's Angel Moms are a different story; they are all cases of folks whose government failed to protect citizenry, and the cases that involve "sanctuary cities" are the most egregious failures of government not fulfilling its first duty to its citizens.

Most of these people have no contact with minorities. They're the bogeyman in the shadows who's doing "all the crime" and "taking our jobs". Made up fears to make up for their lack of education or job skills.

Pretty much.

The majority of Trump supporters are well off white people and their concerns are mainly about culture then actually economics or crime issues.

In other words, they are just racists assholes who are upset that the country doesn't look like 1950 anymore.

It sucks what happened to the Angel Moms, but the majority of Trump supports can rot in hell. They are some of the worst aspects of American culture.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2016, 10:40:17 PM »

I'm an anti-Trump conservative but really liked his immigration speech.

Hillary and the liberals want unfettered open borders, dramatic increase in Muslim refugees, and sanctuary cities. The social, cultural, and economic costs to this country will be profound and irreversible.  Look at what's happening to Germany under Angela Merkel. No thanks!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2016, 10:40:51 PM »

Just because something terrible happens to someone in your family does not give you the excuse to be an extremist or to back an extremist who could damage the country.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2016, 10:40:58 PM »

This guy is one crazy f***.
I really do think there is something wrong with him .... mentally sick to some degree.
Now, it's just not a "wall" ...... it's "impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful, southern border wall !"
He shouts everything he says ... just maddening.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2016, 10:47:21 PM »

Make America a fascist sh*thole again!
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2016, 11:05:54 PM »

There is a correlation between whites who have less exposure to minority communities and racism and xenophobia.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2016, 11:11:45 PM »

He destroyed any outreach he had attempted with the minorities tonight. Full on uneducated whites is now his focus.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2016, 11:14:23 PM »

I agree.  Liberals care more about illegal immigrants than its own citizens.  We have a President who has expressed more outrage at the GOP and the NRA than at radical Muslims who kill people.  This is a President who called the ISIS a "JV squad," refuses to use the term "radical Islam," and called the Fort Hood shooting a case of "workplace violence."  Americans are tired of liberals demonizing white men, accusing them of "white male privilege," and trying to force our daughters/sisters/nieces/wives/moms to use the same bathroom as a confused middle-aged man who thinks he's a "woman." 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies