Trump goes to Mexico
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:01:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump goes to Mexico
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: Trump goes to Mexico  (Read 7764 times)
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: August 31, 2016, 08:34:08 PM »

Dems went bananas Undecided
Should someone call an ambulance for a panic attack? Sad

What are you talking about ? You make absolutely no sense.

He has been trying to become a memorable troll.....and so far it isn't working.

Yep... so far I haven't even ignored him. He just blends into the background here

Yeah, Seriously? is far more effective, as was Politico in 2012. LittleBigOctopus is more amusing then annoying.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #226 on: August 31, 2016, 08:55:38 PM »

Someone is being trollofobic... SAD!
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #227 on: August 31, 2016, 10:05:10 PM »

The whole Pena Nieto-Putin connection angle seems a little too on the nose to be believable.

Now it comes out that they indeed discussed the wall and the Mexican president said his country would not pay for it. This after Trump said he didn't discuss how the wall would be funded in his little meeting

So it turns out the President of Mexico is the biggest low energy loser of all!

Alas, that is, indeed, the case. We always knew he was only good for steeling, but this.... I am speechless.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #228 on: August 31, 2016, 10:07:00 PM »

Now it comes out that they indeed discussed the wall and the Mexican president said his country would not pay for it. This after Trump said he didn't discuss how the wall would be funded in his little meeting

He did not even dare to say this in front of Trump. Pathetic piece of crap. Hopefully, our Congress acts ASAP to let him take the job as a cleaner of Trump Tower toilets.
You didn't dare to show up, because of "I live far far away" bullsh**t. Low energy! SAD!

It is not like I am needed there. There are more than enough volunteers Smiley

In any case: I am a proud coward!  You will never shame me into any act of bravery Smiley
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #229 on: August 31, 2016, 10:09:54 PM »

He did not even dare to say this in front of Trump. Pathetic piece of crap. Hopefully, our Congress acts ASAP to let him take the job as a cleaner of Trump Tower toilets.
You didn't dare to show up, because of "I live far far away" bullsh**t. Low energy! SAD!

In any case: I am a proud coward!  You will never shame me into any act of bravery Smiley

Yeah, I know. You even got selfdeported to Mexico, fearing Trump Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #230 on: August 31, 2016, 10:16:28 PM »

I emigrated to Mexico during the Clinton presidency Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #231 on: September 01, 2016, 10:42:39 AM »
« Edited: September 01, 2016, 11:45:18 AM by angus »

The Day After...

This is the headline in El Universal:  Tras visita, Peña ve amenaza en trump

(roughly, "after the visit, Peña sees Trump as a threat")

The washington post doesn't separate the two Trump speeches in either its headline article, On immigration, Trump speaks softly in Mexico, talks tough in Ariz., or in the Cilizza commentary, "His visit with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto was surprisingly statesmanlike, but when he stepped to the podium in Phoenix, we were reminded that he hasn't changed."

León Krauze says "Make no mistake about it: Donald Trump’s trip to Mexico was a resounding success."  It's an interesting article, and it pretty much describes the scenario I postulated in answer to TimTurner's "best case" question, minus the public apology of course.  He also makes the case that Peña missed an important political opportunity.  

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words.  In their #3 headline, La Jornada gives us this one:

Notice that it precedes a David Brooks article.  I had no that idea he could write in Spanish, but I bet he's mortified to see his good conservative name associated with the text on this picture.  In particular, I'm referring to the spelling of the second-person personal pronoun as "U".  
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #232 on: September 01, 2016, 11:00:47 AM »

I emigrated to Mexico during the Clinton presidency Smiley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNy4ixHFrdI
So Trumpish Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #233 on: September 01, 2016, 12:19:55 PM »

Ah, nevermind.  It's a different David Brooks.

Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #234 on: September 01, 2016, 01:28:12 PM »

Thanks largely to Pena Nieto's cowardice, this worked out perfectly for Trump. He got to look presidential in Mexico and at the same time throw red meat to the base. Furthermore, he humiliated cowardly beta Pena Nieto, and gets to look like an Alpha Tough Guy.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #235 on: September 01, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »

Thanks largely to Pena Nieto's cowardice, this worked out perfectly for Trump. He got to look presidential in Mexico and at the same time throw red meat to the base. Furthermore, he humiliated cowardly beta Pena Nieto, and gets to look like an Alpha Tough Guy.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2016, 01:30:31 PM »

Nope
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2016, 09:36:14 PM »

Rumor is, the foreign secretary tried to resign (she is denying it). Frankly, I cannot see how she can possibly stay.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #238 on: September 02, 2016, 06:33:22 AM »

Rumor is, the foreign secretary tried to resign (she is denying it). Frankly, I cannot see how she can possibly stay.
Mexicans swallow everything. She'll stay.
But anyway, who cares?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2016, 10:06:21 PM »

Anyway, this has been mentioned elsewhere, but deserves properly being reported. It seems, the whole harebrained idea was thought up by one Luis Videgaray, Peña Nieto´s long-time all-purpose guru and Treasury Secretary. Mr. Videgaray, apparently, thought it would have a "soothing effect on the markets". Just serves to show that a doctorate from MIT is not a sufficient evidence of a great mind. Or, perhaps, Mr. Videgaray was simply being on pay of the Trump organization: given his personal proclivities, that last option may not be fully excluded.

To make the long story short, Videgaray is now out of the government. Hopefully, out of the country as well.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #240 on: September 09, 2016, 09:54:34 PM »

And now, this

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/773948271140016128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #241 on: September 10, 2016, 09:50:19 AM »

lol, Unbelievable.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies