Trump goes to Mexico (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:39:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump goes to Mexico (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump goes to Mexico  (Read 7741 times)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« on: August 31, 2016, 02:03:25 AM »
« edited: August 31, 2016, 02:05:12 AM by LittleBigOctopus »

I guess it's happening:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  3m3 minutes ago
I have accepted the invitation of President Enrique Pena Nieto, of Mexico, and look very much forward to meeting him tomorrow.
Wow. Good move! But knowing Trump, he might mess things up Grin
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 02:04:55 AM »

Isn't the President of Mexico deeply unpopular and corrupt?

He is both.
Crooked lyin' Peña! Do Trump want to practise before the debates?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 02:06:07 AM »

If I was President of Mexico, I would agree to meet with him.
Act as if the meeting was going to be cordial.
And then blast the orange-haired clown on camera with the entire media present and the entire world watching.
Awkward, but extremely effective.
Wake up! You need to make money!
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 02:54:26 AM »

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 09:07:00 AM »

Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Trumpster sabotages the meeting intentionally to gain huge media attention and once again play the tough guy.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 09:53:35 AM »

Will Trump benefit from possible "riots" down there?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 09:55:46 AM »

Frankly, as a PANista supporter, I do not mind this too much: the 2018 PRI candidate will have to do some unpleasant explaining, and I cannot say that I am very upset about that.
Are you Mexican? Smiley
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 10:02:00 AM »

Frankly, as a PANista supporter, I do not mind this too much: the 2018 PRI candidate will have to do some unpleasant explaining, and I cannot say that I am very upset about that.
Are you Mexican? Smiley
You are new to this forum, are you?
You live in Mexico, but you are ..?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 04:12:03 PM »

Treasury Secretary is supporting the president. Mind it: that this is a news tells you quite a bit.

He's not seriously going to pay for the wall, is he?

Knowing how crazy this election is, it wouldn't surprise me if they said they were going to; pretty much making Trump look like an awesome negotiator or something; and then they resign a week later but your average American doesn't pay attention to that and just thinks a wall really is happening thanks to hero Trump.
Russia pay Mexico → Mexico pay for the wall → Trump destroy NATO → everyone's happy.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 04:13:33 PM »

So why exactly did EPN do this again, and yes I know he's a moron.

If youre the leader of Mexico it is not wise to be in a bad position with the potential leader of your biggest trading partner and most powerful ally. Nieto is putting his country's interests over the short term political gain of trying to look like some sort of Trump defier.
Ehm...

If Trump wins, it is better for Mexico than being his enemy. What do you think?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 04:25:55 PM »

I think he really didn't expect Trump to accept his offer and was caught off guard.
C'mon Undecided
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 04:27:14 PM »

This is undoubtedly Trump's finest hour, and it comes just as voters are beginning to tune in to the election. The timing is masterful.
Indeed. He needs though to keep momentum. No f**king Khan things. Just fokusing on Corrupt Hillary. She'll do the job.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 04:48:51 PM »

I think he really didn't expect Trump to accept his offer and was caught off guard.
C'mon Undecided

Just my opinion.

He was looking for easy points to score by having Trump rejected his offer and Trump called his bluff.
I don't know anything about Mexico's president, but I doubt that he is that naive/stupid.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 04:59:56 PM »

The Senators in Mexico are in disbelief that trump is in their country.
Some are speaking out in front of media cameras, and condemning the meeting, and basically calling trump a disgusting human being.
Almost everyone in Mexico wants him to leave immediately.
How can this possibly look good for him ? No politician has been rejected by the Mexican people at this high level, in recent history.

Yes!!! It will backfire! Don't forget to mention Clinton's fantastic speech where she uncovered that Trump is rasist!!!
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 05:06:46 PM »

OK. Now I looked it.

Wow, wow, wow! I don't want to be too optimistic (it's dangerous with Trump), but it was truly great. Even for average nominee, it would be an OK event, but for Trump — wow, wow, wow!

One of Trump's weakness was "that he can handle America's allies/enemies", "is unstable" etc, etc.

Now he's coming to the country that he's been talking sh**t about and do a civilized event. Did he bribe them or something?

But we'll see, how Clinton handle it, if she chooses to visit Mexico.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 05:08:43 PM »

Embarrassed

Don't blame me, blame Swedish language! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 05:31:25 PM »

I spend my life in the far southern reaches of the city. Far too far.
But you have been such a bully Undecided
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 05:38:03 PM »

I guess, we now have a conclusive proof that he does not think.
He's LA Times hack Sad
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 05:54:05 PM »

I would just like to leave this here...

Chapter Eight: The Wall

Rampant of deportations of everyone even remotely connected to Latin America had a predictable effect. Within a matter of months, Mexico was swamped with millions of refugees from the Northern border, many of whom were in fact US citizens. Media outlets covered the humanitarian crisis, but this failed to provoke leniency from Mexico's Northern neighbor. With the refugee flood came vast shortages of basic resources in trying to handle the crisis. Crime skyrocketed, and even the affluent areas of Mexico noticed drastic declines in their quality of life. Seeking to address the crisis, Mexican President Nieto announced his intention to start policing the Northern border more effectively.

This move played right into President/Speaker/Trump International Chairman Donald Trump's hands. In yet another impromptu press conference, the Donald announced his intention to help Mexico in their time of need, and felt certain that the two nations could reach a compromise that both would find acceptable. "I did promise that I would make Mexico pay for the Wall, but I believe there are ways to make their payment less onerous on the good people of Mexico. After all, I love the Mexican people."

Trump and Nieto met in San Diego for three days to discuss the crisis and how the two nations could respond to it effectively. At the conclusion of the conference, the two leaders presented their Treaty for Reinforced US-Mexico Prosperity, although Nieto had the look of many of Trump's former war trophies. It was resolved that Mexico had commited a grave injustice against America for having sent millions of their rapists, murders, and some good people illegally to America, and it is only fair that they have to pay for it. Nevertheless, it was unfortunate for Mexico to have to endear the same fate. Thus, to avoid flooding Mexico with their refuse, the illegal aliens currently within the United States would be exempted from deportation provided that they turned themselves in to the Deportation Force within 30 days. These illegals would be allowed to settle in a "Safe Zone" within 20 miles of the US-Mexico border, where they would be hired to construct the WallTM. While Mexico would not directly pay for the Wall, its construction would be reimbursed by subjecting these minimum-wage workers to the highest tax bracket.

Nieto accepted these conditions, mostly because his only alternative was a continued flood of millions of poor migrants into his country. However, this agreement was treated with as much excitement as the Germans treated Versailles, with much of the country calling for Nieto's head for agreeing to such a humiliating monstrosity. On the other hand, Trump's brilliant maneuver silenced his domestic critics, reeling in utter confusion at the leader's effortless achievement of the most absurd aspect of his platform.
Creds! 20 January!

I really hope that Trump will use some part of your analysis!
You must be logged in to read this quote.
This one!

//////////////////////////////
You must be logged in to read this quote.
I love you! I really do! Brilliant analysis!
I thought in similar ways, but you explained it so well! Love you!

I don't know though if it just happened/Trump just got lucky; he didn't really planned it Huh I mean, it's way too complex, isn't it? Undecided
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2016, 06:04:44 PM »

Well, stick to murdering your parents, and leave the English language alone!
You, people, are about to let Trump rape the whole world, but get pissed off, when I rape English a little bit Undecided
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2016, 06:13:06 PM »

Now it comes out that they indeed discussed the wall and the Mexican president said his country would not pay for it. This after Trump said he didn't discuss how the wall would be funded in his little meeting

He did not even dare to say this in front of Trump. Pathetic piece of crap. Hopefully, our Congress acts ASAP to let him take the job as a cleaner of Trump Tower toilets.
You didn't dare to show up, because of "I live far far away" bullsh**t. Low energy! SAD!
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2016, 06:14:17 PM »

So why exactly did EPN do this again, and yes I know he's a moron.

If youre the leader of Mexico it is not wise to be in a bad position with the potential leader of your biggest trading partner and most powerful ally. Nieto is putting his country's interests over the short term political gain of trying to look like some sort of Trump defier.

Well, he sure put himself in a bad position with Hillary Clinton: the likeliest leader of the US.

I disagree, when Obama visited with European leaders before the 2008 election it didn't make the European leaders John McCain's enemies.
The only fact that ag is so furious means that it was indeed a great event for Trump!
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2016, 06:24:02 PM »

Well now the coverage is starting to shift to "Trump lied about not discussing the wall"
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes C'mon Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2016, 06:37:39 PM »

Jennifer Rubin

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/771122188611190784

Tomorrow's headlines: Pena-Nieto calls Trump liar, told him no way on wall
What is your analysis? Will Trump declined because of it? Smiley

C'mon, guys. If Nieto said it under event, we could discuss it. But now... It will help Trump, because... knife in the back for example Smiley
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2016, 06:38:05 PM »

Jennifer Rubin

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/771122188611190784

Tomorrow's headlines: Pena-Nieto calls Trump liar, told him no way on wall

LOL. Backfire, as expected.
Now you're waking up! Grin
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to: