If you were a Muslim woman, would you wear a hijab? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:54:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  If you were a Muslim woman, would you wear a hijab? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If you were a Muslim women, would you wear a hijab?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 60

Author Topic: If you were a Muslim woman, would you wear a hijab?  (Read 6327 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: August 31, 2016, 10:37:32 PM »

OK a few points:

-As stated, I have some deeply held principles about how I don't care about my culture or heritage and just want to do things my way. That's something that would likely be consistent no matter how I was raised (also why I know I wouldn't follow Jewish rules if I was born Jewish, barely any Jews in the region here do, so why would I of all people be the exception?)
-I actually converted to my current religious affiliation, I wasn't born into it. So me converting to it from something else isn't a stretch.
-I grew up in a conservative part of North Dakota and still ended up "all liberal all the time". So I'm not a product of my environment in that sense.

Do you understand that people can be products of their environment through their inclination to take the opposite stance of their environment?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 12:51:18 PM »

Besides, the idea that human beauty is an expression of God's goodness has very disturbing implications.

Perhaps... but I can only think of positives.

Really?

I suppose that a cynical person could accuse unattractive people of being cursed by heaven, but then one would just have to point out that only good things flow from God.

If a person is physically ugly, it's a punishment for sin (slothfulness, gluttony, lust), or the persecution of Satan.

Hmm, interesting that you'd say that.

Does being able to afford to get work done in the name of beauty a sign of the morals of capitalism? Those who produce, the most moral?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies