I think it should be "my"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:15:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  I think it should be "my"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I think it should be "my"  (Read 145 times)
v0031
China
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 01, 2016, 10:06:40 AM »

The Carpenter’s Door
张祖平 荐录

A carpenter was expert in making doors. He spent a lot of time making a door for his family. He thought this material was solid and his workmanship excellent, so it must be durable.
Later the nails on the door rusted and a piece of board fell off, the carpenter found a nail to nail it on, so the door became intact. Then another nail dropped from the door, the carpenter filled it again. Afterwards, a board decayed. The carpenter replaced a board. Then the bolt was caustic, so he changed it again. Then the door spindle was broken, and he changed another one. Then after several years the door was broken for many times, but after the meticulous repair, it was still solid and durable. The carpenter was proud of this
One day a neighbor said to him, “You're a carpenter, but look at your door!” the carpenter observed it carefully, and found that the neighbor’s doors with novel style and fine texture, but his was old and broken covered with patches. So the carpenter was puzzled, but could not help laughing, “It is my own craft, that has hindered the progress of his door.” So the carpenter sighed, “Learning a skill is very important, but it is more important to change a kind of thinking. The accomplishments in the trade are a treasure, but it is also a door, which can shut itself.”

I think it should be "my". Do you think so?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 10:33:10 AM »

The second paragraph doesn't make any sense to me either way.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 03:27:38 PM »

It is also possible that the word should be "this". It is a common typo for the "t" to be missing. Since the demonstrative adjective "this" and possessive adjective "his" both fit in the sentence, spelling and grammar checks will miss the error.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies