Opinion of "_______ is so dumb, it must be a joke/trolling" analysis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:30:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of "_______ is so dumb, it must be a joke/trolling" analysis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Freedom Analysis

Horrible Analysis

Both

Neither

Mensch Analysis (edgy)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Opinion of "_______ is so dumb, it must be a joke/trolling" analysis  (Read 362 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: September 01, 2016, 06:06:46 PM »

It seems whenever anyone on this forum says something really boneheaded or idiotic, the reaction of many is to dismiss it as "trolling." Moreover, users who regularly say incredibly stupid things must just be trolls who are messing with us. A lot of people even apply this logic to Trump, saying that there's no way he's delusional enough to believe the things that he says, and that he has to be a Democratic plant.

While this might be true in some circumstances, I think people are too quick to assume this. There is a lot of ignorance in America (and other countries as well, if we're being honest), and I think the assumption that if someone says something which we consider blatantly false or idiotic that they must be messing with us is often erroneous. In fact, I think it's almost a defense mechanism for some. Some people don't want to believe that anyone could really be as ignorant as they appear to be, and feel more comfortable if they convince themselves that it's all a ruse.

But what if it isn't? What if some of the "trolls" on this site actually do believe what they say, and aren't just saying things to get a reaction. Should we all be more concerned about ignorance, and not so quick to dismiss it as fake?

Anyway, for me, this kind of analysis always depends on context. HA if overused.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies