Opinion of "_______ is so dumb, it must be a joke/trolling" analysis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:33:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of "_______ is so dumb, it must be a joke/trolling" analysis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Freedom Analysis

Horrible Analysis

Both

Neither

Mensch Analysis (edgy)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Opinion of "_______ is so dumb, it must be a joke/trolling" analysis  (Read 360 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: September 01, 2016, 06:21:14 PM »

It's pretty easy for an otherwise rational person to get sidetracked into some fairly egregious errors, if by no other means than failing to consider other perspectives.

Some of the dumb stuff you hear is trolling, though I don't think it is terribly constructive to dismiss it as such. To engage in more constructive conduct would however imply an unlimited amount of time to deal with bizarre notions. Of course, most of us do not have the time or the patience for such exercises.

As such, I suspect that "X must be trolling" is not so much an intelligent analysis of X as it is a rational response to being faced with a stimulus for which the cost-benefit analysis of response is too poor to merit devoting one's time. As such I voted "Both".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies