Michael Savage: President Trump should rule by decree, violate civil rights
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:20:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Michael Savage: President Trump should rule by decree, violate civil rights
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Michael Savage: President Trump should rule by decree, violate civil rights  (Read 3703 times)
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2016, 06:02:18 PM »

Civil liberties go out the door when the survival of our republic is at stake. It happened in WWII under Roosevelt.  I am sure it has happened other times.
Once again, Savage says something that is really not as extreme as it sounds.  In fact, it is really common sense

Explain how the survival of our republic is at stake.  What great existential threat are we facing that will cause the destruction of the United States?

I look forward to your answers.
Radical Islam.

Top ten causes of death in the United States

• Heart disease: 614,348
• Cancer: 591,699
• Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
• Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
• Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
• Alzheimer's disease: 93,541
• Diabetes: 76,488
• Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
• Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
• Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

Radical Islam doesn't even make the list.

You guys are the first to scream "muh liberty" when people want to put restrictions on sugary drinks and take other measures to combat stuff that is actually killing us but you are willing to stomp all over civil liberties to fight something that doesn't even make the list?!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2016, 06:03:07 PM »

Civil liberties go out the door when the survival of our republic is at stake.  It happened in WWII under Roosevelt.  I am sure it has happened other times.
Once again, Savage says something that is really not as extreme as it sounds.  In fact, it is really common sense

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2016, 06:14:30 PM »

Civil liberties go out the door when the survival of our republic is at stake. It happened in WWII under Roosevelt.  I am sure it has happened other times.
Once again, Savage says something that is really not as extreme as it sounds.  In fact, it is really common sense

Explain how the survival of our republic is at stake.  What great existential threat are we facing that will cause the destruction of the United States?

I look forward to your answers.
Radical Islam.

Destroy our civil liberties, and you will have destroyed our republic anyways. The America you so desperately wanted to defend from your hyper-perspectivized point of view would have been destroyed by your hand.

Very well said.  Bravo.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2016, 01:46:51 AM »

Civil liberties go out the door when the survival of our republic is at stake.  It happened in WWII under Roosevelt.  I am sure it has happened other times.
Once again, Savage says something that is really not as extreme as it sounds.  In fact, it is really common sense

Defending internment camps for Japanese Americans as "common sense"? Classy, y'all! Remind me how those made us safer.
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2016, 02:04:23 AM »

How can anyone vote for Trump?
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2016, 02:46:19 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2016, 02:56:13 AM by Ogre Mage »

Civil liberties go out the door when the survival of our republic is at stake.  It happened in WWII under Roosevelt.  I am sure it has happened other times.

My father and his family were forced to go to one of those internment camps in Minidoka.  They were only allowed to take what they could carry with them.  None of them had voiced support for Japan in the war.  It wasn't common sense, it was bull$**t and rightly regarded today as racism, a grotesque violation of civil rights and a stain on Roosevelt's legacy -- at least outside of the radical right bubble.

My uncles joined the 442nd in WW II.  Clearly, they understood more about patriotic sacrifice than you do.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2016, 08:36:11 AM »

Destroy our civil liberties, and you will have destroyed our republic anyways. The America you so desperately wanted to defend from your hyper-perspectivized point of view would have been destroyed by your hand.

He's like a guy who would burn down his house just to get rid of one rat. Terrorism is a serious issue, but it's not existential nor is it even common in America right now. At least not to the point where we should start suspending the Constitution or whatever the hell Savage is getting at. Anything close to that is absurd. Terrorism right now doesn't even justify the massive amount of domestic spying the NSA is doing.

Terrorism is just the excuse. And it caters to their xenophobia. The fascism is the point, the goal, all on its own.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2016, 08:42:04 AM »

Terrorism is just the excuse. And it caters to their xenophobia. The fascism is the point, the goal, all on its own.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2016, 10:19:21 AM »

Ugh. This guy gives savages a bad name.

His real name is Michael Weiner, so all the other Savages should sue.

The name makes perfect sense, he's both a savage and a weiner
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2016, 10:37:23 AM »

I honestly think Michael Savage is a troll.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2016, 06:08:52 PM »

I'm confused, why do we care what Michael Savage thinks about anything?
DS0816
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2016, 11:18:51 PM »

He has followers.

It gives them a reason to live.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2016, 11:28:08 PM »

Savage, along with Coulter, have mastered the art of saying the outrageous to create buzz, and say what dyspeptic folks are too embarrassed to say, except when alone in the shower, in order to further their own celebrity. Trump probably is inspired by their example.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2016, 12:07:04 AM »

Throwing people who aren't right wing nutjobs into prison is "common sense"? You're definitely a fascist.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies