Jill Stein flies to wrong city to give speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:53:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jill Stein flies to wrong city to give speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jill Stein flies to wrong city to give speech  (Read 1867 times)
tinman64

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.57

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2016, 11:45:51 AM »

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/09/02/green-party-presidential-candidates-capital-university-speech-delayed-after-she-flies-to-wrong-city.html#

Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein was scheduled to speak at Capital University in Bexley at noon today but it looks like she's running a little late.

That's because instead of flying into Columbus, she accidentally went to Cincinnati instead, according to the Capital University Greens Student Organization who is sponsoring the event.

Yes. You read that correctly.

About 100 people are waiting at Schaaf Lawn on campus. It's unclear if they will all hang around while Stein drives up from Cincinnati but pizza's are being ordered to thank people for their patience.

It's also unclear how and why she flew into the wrong airport.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 11:47:27 AM »

You can't make this sh*t up.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 11:48:22 AM »

Lol
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 11:48:39 AM »

Maybe she wanted to pay her respects at Harambe's memorial first.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 11:59:13 AM »

Jill Stein should drop out and endorse Johnson. Same for Castle and McMullin.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 12:00:13 PM »

Tell me again about how she's a reasonable alternative to Hillary...
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 12:03:02 PM »

11:55   TimTurner   Well
11:55   TimTurner   This is wonderful news for Jill Stein
11:55   TimTurner   She is getting press coverage!
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 12:05:50 PM »

About 100 people are waiting at Schaaf Lawn on campus. It's unclear if they will all hang around while Stein drives up from Cincinnati but pizza's are being ordered to thank people for their patience.

LaRosa's or GTFO.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 12:14:57 PM »

I wonder how much fuel was used for a plane that took the Green Party nominee to the wrong place, and now how much fuel is being used to hurriedly drive her to the correct one?
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 12:56:37 PM »

"It's also unclear how and why she flew into the wrong airport."
Though yeah, clearly it's her fault. I mean, she dares to challenge THE QUEEN!@!!
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »

Because she wasn't the pilot.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 01:35:00 PM »

Maybe she wanted to pay her respects at Harambe's memorial first.

The proper response.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 01:39:34 PM »

Though yeah, clearly it's her fault. I mean, she dares to challenge THE QUEEN!@!!

WTF is wrong with you man?
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 01:53:11 PM »

Is THE QUEEN code for expedia.com?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 02:25:19 PM »

Wow. I didn't think that Stein could top the ridiculousness of pandering to "Harambe voters."
DS0816
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 03:58:03 PM »

1. Unlike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein wants to eliminate student debt.

2. Unlike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein wants no fracking.

3. Unlike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein does not want any trade deals.

4. Unlike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein is not being endorsed by neoconservatives and warmongers.

5. Unlike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein’s policy ideas are not choosing Wall Street before Main Street.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 04:05:40 PM »

This election, man.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 04:41:38 PM »

4. Unlike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein is not being endorsed by neoconservatives and warmongers.

5. Unlike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein’s policy ideas are not choosing Wall Street before Main Street.

Unlike Jill Stein, Hillary Clinton is qualified and is not a nut.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2016, 05:06:29 PM »

1. Unlike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein wants to eliminate student debt. cost the government a ton of money

2. UnLike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein wants no fracking.

3. Unlike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein does not want any trade deals. is a dangerous isolationist

4. Unlike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein is not being endorsed by neoconservatives and warmongers. anyone

5. Unlike Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein’s policy ideas are not choosing Wall Street before Main Street. nonexistant

FTFY
skoods
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 05:15:03 PM »

1. Um, did you not listen at all to Clinton's acceptance speech at the convention where she clearly highlighted this point? And you're not going to get all student debt eliminated. SORRY! I have thousands of dollars in student debt. But, I'm not expecting the government to come bail me out of it. I made the decision to get an education. I wasn't forced to.

2. Yeah, because Jill Stein, who's never run a dog shelter let alone an executive office, is going to overcome the billions of dollars in special interests and handicap the oil industry. Jill Stein? LOL

3. Free trade stops war. If you force other countries to play by the same rules as us and interweave our economies, the likelihood of strife is diminished. I don't understand the far left's foolishness on this issue. Eliminating trade would tank the US economy, as well.

4. Jill Stein is not being endorsed by anyone. So, I guess I agree with you there.

5. No, but her policy ideas don't belong on Main St or Wall St. They belong on Sesame Street, a made up fantasy land.
DS0816
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 06:36:37 PM »

Unlike Jill Stein, Hillary Clinton is qualified and is not a nut.

Read it and weep:

http://www.presidentsusa.net/qualifications.html
DS0816
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2016, 07:01:34 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2016, 07:04:09 PM by DS0816 »

1. Um, did you not listen at all to Clinton's acceptance speech at the convention where she clearly highlighted this point? And you're not going to get all student debt eliminated. SORRY! I have thousands of dollars in student debt. But, I'm not expecting the government to come bail me out of it. I made the decision to get an education. I wasn't forced to.

2. Yeah, because Jill Stein, who's never run a dog shelter let alone an executive office, is going to overcome the billions of dollars in special interests and handicap the oil industry. Jill Stein? LOL

3. Free trade stops war. If you force other countries to play by the same rules as us and interweave our economies, the likelihood of strife is diminished. I don't understand the far left's foolishness on this issue. Eliminating trade would tank the US economy, as well.

4. Jill Stein is not being endorsed by anyone. So, I guess I agree with you there.

5. No, but her policy ideas don't belong on Main St or Wall St. They belong on Sesame Street, a made up fantasy land.

1. I don’t care what Hillary Clinton said in her DNC speech.

2 and 4. Neither are relevant points. (Jill Stein has received endorsements.)

3. False. It’s a scam.

5. Yes—of course they belong on Main Street. Jill Stein’s policies are much closer, compared to Hillary Clinton’s, to that of Bernie Sanders’.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2016, 07:49:12 PM »

1. I don’t care what Hillary Clinton said in her DNC speech.

Fair enough. And we don't care what anti-vaxxer nutjob Jill Stein says or what the petulant, privileged  kids that vote for her say.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2016, 09:20:40 PM »

You are incredibly misguided. Stein is an attention seeker who does not have any experience, nor any concrete plans. She is an attention seeker and you are too naive to see the truth.

I am so sick and tired of seeing these "true progressives" on the internet not being willing enough to compromise and look at the realistic side of things, (Pretty much just young, white liberals) then wonder why black voters/supporters (like me and I'm just 15) overwhelmingly chose Hillary.

For once in your life, get it through your thick ass skull, think about a Trump presidency, and think about the positive things about what Hillary has done instead of watching that filthy ass garbage called TYT (or whatever you get your "info" from).

The fact that you support a candidate that says "WiFi signals are dangerous for kids" is beyond me.

You are incredibly misguided. Clinton is an untrustworthy neoliberal who is beholden to special interests who dictate her so-called concrete plans. She is a Republican-courting reactionary and you are too naive to see the truth.

I am so sick and tired of seeing these "Clinton supporters" on the internet far too willing to compromise for anyone who is not Donald Trump and fold into what the establishment media circus defines as realistic, (Pretty much simpletons) then wonder why progressives overwhelmingly chose Sanders.

For once is your life, get it through your thick ass skull, think about a Clinton presidency, and think about the negative things about what Hillary has done instead of watching that filthy ass garbage called CNN (or whatever you get your "info" from).

The fact that you support a candidate who is a fact-checked liar, boasts about her endorsements from war criminals, consistently places herself in politically convenient positions, campaigns for Republican votes, is the preferred candidate of Fortune 500 CEOs and Wall Street, assures these rich corporate donors that she is firmly on their side, and has been actively fighting against proposals to fight climate change, (not to mention her role in Iraq, Honduras, the Central American refugee crisis and the Democratic Leadership Council) is beyond me.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)
DS0816
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2016, 09:34:57 PM »

You are incredibly misguided. Stein is an attention seeker who does not have any experience, nor any concrete plans. She is an attention seeker and you are too naive to see the truth.

I am so sick and tired of seeing these "true progressives" on the internet not being willing enough to compromise and look at the realistic side of things, (Pretty much just young, white liberals) then wonder why black voters/supporters (like me and I'm just 15) overwhelmingly chose Hillary.

For once in your life, get it through your thick ass skull, think about a Trump presidency, and think about the positive things about what Hillary has done instead of watching that filthy ass garbage called TYT (or whatever you get your "info" from).

The fact that you support a candidate that says "WiFi signals are dangerous for kids" is beyond me.

http://youtu.be/j0uCrA7ePno

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies