Latino Decisions: Clinton 70 Trump 19
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:35:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Latino Decisions: Clinton 70 Trump 19
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Latino Decisions: Clinton 70 Trump 19  (Read 1961 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2016, 06:38:53 PM »

I agreed with you that my opinion doesn't really matter, only facts......

Like the fact that Clinton is doing about 5-10 points better among whites than Obama in 2012, and about the same as Obama 2008. Do you disagree with that?
I don't know. Just link to those facts/polls. That's who we do in Sweden.
I always do so, when I talk about numbers.

Seriously? Obviously you don't follow the polls that closely......

1)http://www.investors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/POSTING_Tables_Sep2016_Horserace_Registered_And-_Likely-Voters.pdf
IBD poll where Clinton leads by 1 but only loses white vote by 14 points.

2) http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2016/08/31/fox-news-poll-aug-31-2016/
Fox Poll where Clinton leads by just 6 while only losing the white vote by 11 points. That would be 2 points better than Obama 2008.

3) http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TM651Y15_26/filters/LIKELY:1,SC_RACE:1/dates/20160801-20160901/type/week
Latest Reuters poll which is tied but Trump only up by 11 among whites.

4)https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/d1qd4msxfd/econTabReport.pdf
Yougov poll where Clinton leads by 5 but only down 13 points among whites.

5) http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_National_83016.pdf
PPP poll where Clinton is up 5 and down 15 among whites

6) http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/09/01/suffolk-poll-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-fear/89577824/
In this USA today poll Trump is only up by 8 points among whites but Clinton only leads him by 7.

7) http://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_US_082916/
Monmouth poll where again Trump is only up 8 points up among whites while only losing by 7 points.

And these are just the latest polls on Realclearpolitics.com.........
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2016, 06:47:00 PM »

Like the fact that Clinton is doing about 5-10 points better among whites than Obama in 2012, and about the same as Obama 2008. Do you disagree with that?
I don't know. Just link to those facts/polls. That's who we do in Sweden.
I always do so, when I talk about numbers.

Seriously? Obviously you don't follow the polls that closely......

1)http://www.investors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/POSTING_Tables_Sep2016_Horserace_Registered_And-_Likely-Voters.pdf
IBD poll where Clinton leads by 1 but only loses white vote by 14 points.

2) http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2016/08/31/fox-news-poll-aug-31-2016/
Fox Poll where Clinton leads by just 6 while only losing the white vote by 11 points. That would be 2 points better than Obama 2008.

3) http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TM651Y15_26/filters/LIKELY:1,SC_RACE:1/dates/20160801-20160901/type/week
Latest Reuters poll which is tied but Trump only up by 11 among whites.

4)https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/d1qd4msxfd/econTabReport.pdf
Yougov poll where Clinton leads by 5 but only down 13 points among whites.

5) http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2015/PPP_Release_National_83016.pdf
PPP poll where Clinton is up 5 and down 15 among whites

6) http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/09/01/suffolk-poll-hillary-clinton-donald-trump-fear/89577824/
In this USA today poll Trump is only up by 8 points among whites but Clinton only leads him by 7.

7) http://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_US_082916/
Monmouth poll where again Trump is only up 8 points up among whites while only losing by 7 points.

And these are just the latest polls on Realclearpolitics.com.........
Why would I? Look at "2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls" board. I've been consitently against unskewing, whether Clinton led by 14% or by 2%.

So ok. Trump is +8-13 among Whites. Your point is?
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2016, 06:52:08 PM »

Obama lost the white vote by about 17-20 points in 2012 depending on the source you use. If there is a 5-10 point swing to Clinton this year, it would imply a race where she is winning by 9-14 points assuming non-whites swing the same amount. Instead the topline numbers show something close to Obama 2012. That can only be true if non-whites swing by about 8-12 points towards Trump compared to Romney. Perhaps that is true. I guess we will find out in November. Smiley
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 07:03:39 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2016, 07:05:35 PM by LittleBigOctopus »

Obama lost the white vote by about 17-20 points in 2012 depending on the source you use. If there is a 5-10 point swing to Clinton this year, it would imply a race where she is winning by 9-14 points assuming non-whites swing the same amount. Instead the topline numbers show something close to Obama 2012. That can only be true if non-whites swing by about 8-12 points towards Trump compared to Romney. Perhaps that is true. I guess we will find out in November. Smiley
Have you applied your Math to the 2008/2012. Did it work? Smiley
Romney loose because of incredibly low turnout of Whites, but guess what. Even McCain didn't manage to have get high turn-out among Whites.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2016, 07:28:13 PM »

Romney loose because of incredibly low turnout of Whites, but guess what. Even McCain didn't manage to have get high turn-out among Whites.

Ah yes, the whites didn't turn out scenario. Rather the polls are saying Trump will do better with non-whites than Romney. We shall see.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2016, 07:36:43 PM »

Ah yes, the whites didn't turn out scenario. Rather the polls are saying Trump will do better with non-whites than Romney. We shall see.
Ehm... polls are showing both. But you want to unskew them, right?

One more time, what is your point?
That polls are wrong? Why?
Need to be unskewed like in 2012? Why?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2016, 07:40:30 PM »

Um, she's doing much better and Trump is doing much worse. You are willfully obtuse

Latino vote share in the last four presidential elections:

2000: Gore 62, Bush 35 (-27)
2004: Kerry 53, Bush 44 (-9)
2008: Obama 67, McCain 31 (-36)
2012: Obama 71, Romney 27 (-44)

2016: Clinton 70, Trump 19 (-51)

Latino Decisions is the go-to poll with Latino voters because they do deep-dive polling in both languages, unlike the national polls who only take subsamples of 125 Latino voters

Quoted for Truth...

Personally, I believe that Clinton would be performing even stronger against Trump if she wasn't associated with several extremely unpopular decisions taken under Obama, that allowed spouses of American Citizens to be deported for minor traffic offenses, and similar "crimes".

It is not just Mexican's outside of legal paperwork status that are moving back to Mexico, but also *American Citizens* of Mexican heritage whose spouse was deported under current Federal policies.

Obama has really been cold to this immigration issue for some reason. I wonder if it has to do with his ability to govern and not be some activist. despite that I think she will still outperform Obama with latinos.

I would like to think it's because he understands the economic problems caused by open borders. I suspect it's just him trying to be moderate though.

Probably a mix of both... he pushed hard for DACA, and has slowed down a bit on the mass deportations over the past two years, because although *in general*, he has been trying to move the ball forward in a major direction on this issue, has run into such a political roadblock from a Republican Party that was once the party of Reagan and now the party of "Old White Men" that has an obsession with demographic changes in America not seen since 1920s America (WASP, "Red Scare") that was frightened simply because immigrants from Ireland, Italy, Eastern European Jews, Poles, were filling jobs where there was a shortage of a domestic labor force etc....

Unfortunately, the Republican Party chose to loose their souls on this issue, because of "Cultural Nativism" and instead of being a true National Party chose to go down the path of Nixon '72, but with a much weaker hand on so many issues....
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2016, 09:38:31 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2016, 09:40:14 PM by Virginia »

Are you getting into Sean Trende's 'missing white voters' theory? If so:

http://cookpolitical.com/story/9055

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Among other points, the gist is that many of these missing white voters are in states that are already safely Republican or otherwise non-competitive and pointless. Of course then we must also mention that if all these white voters came out of the American abyss, they are not all voting Republican, either.

If Trump is relying on this, it's not going to work. If he can't win whites by more than Romney, he loses. That is, unless third parties peel off an enormous amount of support from Clinton in battleground states.

Also if you do intend to respond to me, I'd appreciate a response that isn't insulting or mocking me in some way, otherwise don't bother.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2016, 10:35:57 PM »

No, I don't want to skew anything. Just showing that whites are voting at a higher rate for Clinton than for Obama. You can draw your own conclusions from that.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2016, 06:36:03 PM »

Are you getting into Sean Trende's 'missing white voters' theory?
What theory?

I am talking about cold facts. Turnout was low in 2008. It was even lower in 2012. It felt in much higher rates than demographics. Why? I don't know, may be, because Whites didn't feel, they had someone to voter for.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2016, 06:38:58 PM »

No, I don't want to skew anything. Just showing that whites are voting at a higher rate for Clinton than for Obama. You can draw your own conclusions from that.
And I just showing that  and non-whites are voting at a higher rate for Trump than for Romney, or/and that turnout among white will be higher.

It is what polls shows, right?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2016, 07:00:11 PM »

And I just showing that  and non-whites are voting at a higher rate for Trump than for Romney, or/and that turnout among white will be higher.

No Sir.... I haven't seen you present one even half-baked argument supported with facts that shows that Trump is over-performing among "minority voters".

In fact, I might go so far to argue that you are making up facts without any supporting evidence, even you were to go and "cherry-pick" individual polls that you might claim support your point.

The reality Sir, is that many of those of us on this board have been around a long time, and although there are frequent strong disagreements and debates both within and between the major political parties, and then all of the 3rd parties as well, that you are essentially hijacking what for many months and years has generally been an extremely civil (and sometimes uncivil conversations) at least based upon actual data and facts.

If you have something to say Sir, please back it up with actual evidence and statistics and not just resort to selected data that you are polling off of other websites in order to create a false narrative.

I'm always open to legitimate discussion and debate with most members of the forum, and I expect that they call me out to explain and justify my statements, and I believe it is a similar perspective from the overwhelming majority of forum members that might well disagree and/or challenge some of my statements and perspectives.

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2016, 07:08:37 PM »
« Edited: September 03, 2016, 07:12:51 PM by LittleBigOctopus »

And I just showing that  and non-whites are voting at a higher rate for Trump than for Romney, or/and that turnout among white will be higher.

No Sir.... I haven't seen you present one even half-baked argument supported with facts that shows that Trump is over-performing among "minority voters".

In fact, I might go so far to argue that you are making up facts without any supporting evidence, even you were to go and "cherry-pick" individual polls that you might claim support your point.

The reality Sir, is that many of those of us on this board have been around a long time, and although there are frequent strong disagreements and debates both within and between the major political parties, and then all of the 3rd parties as well, that you are essentially hijacking what for many months and years has generally been an extremely civil (and sometimes uncivil conversations) at least based upon actual data and facts.

If you have something to say Sir, please back it up with actual evidence and statistics and not just resort to selected data that you are polling off of other websites in order to create a false narrative.

I'm always open to legitimate discussion and debate with most members of the forum, and I expect that they call me out to explain and justify my statements, and I believe it is a similar perspective from the overwhelming majority of forum members that might well disagree and/or challenge some of my statements and perspectives.
It was Sbane's point, not mine Smiley

If Trump is doing much worse among whites (according to Sbane by 5-10%) than Romney, but still have about the same margin [in last nationall polls from IBD and Fox even better], that should imply that... [your answer here]. Otherwise math doesn't add, right? Smiley

P.S. "cherry-pick" ? Right now, according to 538's, Upshot's, RCP's, [you name it]'s average, there is a 3-4% margin.

P.S.S. Muahaha, smart boy. Ther irony, when you always bash polls, whose results you don't like. The reality... Muahaha Grin
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2016, 07:31:56 PM »

And I just showing that  and non-whites are voting at a higher rate for Trump than for Romney, or/and that turnout among white will be higher.

It was Sbane's point, not mine Smiley

If Trump is doing much worse among whites (according to Sbane by 5-10%) than Romney, but still have about the same margin [in last nationall polls from IBD and Fox even better], that should imply that... [your answer here]. Otherwise math doesn't add, right? Smiley

P.S. "cherry-pick" ? Right now, according to 538's, Upshot's, RCP's, [you name it]'s average, there is a 3-4% margin.

P.S.S. Muahaha, smart boy. Ther irony, when you always bash polls, whose results you don't like. The reality... Muahaha Grin

So.... please explain your argument bolded for emphasis regarding Trump out-performing Romney among "Non-whites".

Sir, I don't believe you actually responded to the actual content of my post, but rather shifted to an argument about Trump and the "White Vote" (WTF that means in modern America) as part of a discussion with Sbane that you had.

Not off the hook that easy.

Bet big, and back it up with actual chips, or fold your cards and wait for the next hand.

You could always do a double-down, but at this point you are running out of chips, and unfortunately there aren't unlimited rebuys.

Spent many years in Texas, and will put you all in on a 7-2 offsuit No-Limit hand that it appears you are currently holding.

hopper
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2016, 07:37:43 PM »

What theory?

I am talking about cold facts. Turnout was low in 2008. It was even lower in 2012. It felt in much higher rates than demographics. Why? I don't know, may be, because Whites didn't feel, they had someone to voter for.
2008 had the highest Presidential Turnout since 1964.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2016, 07:41:02 PM »

So.... please explain your argument bolded for emphasis regarding Trump outperforming Romney among "Non-whites".
You can't just quote part of my argument, can you?

If Trump underperfomfing among Whites that means that

If he doesn't outperform Romney among non-Whites, it means that he outperforms among Whites or/and turnout is higher (among Whites).

So what, according to you, do polls show?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2016, 07:42:52 PM »

What theory?

I was talking about Whites' relative turnout. Was it not clear? It felt in a much higher rate than demographics (especially in 2012)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2016, 07:49:51 PM »

You're indeed an Shy unskewer.

What you're trying to say is that polls shows Whites' preference correctly, but fail to show correctly non-whites' prefence, right? Wink
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2016, 07:53:57 PM »

Seriously, are our mods not seeing this ↑? I have him on ignore and he still takes up more space than an unignored post.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2016, 08:14:16 PM »

So.... please explain your argument bolded for emphasis regarding Trump outperforming Romney among "Non-whites".
You can't just quote part of my argument, can you?

If Trump underperfomfing among Whites that means that

If he doesn't outperform Romney among non-Whites, it means that he outperforms among Whites or/and turnout is higher (among Whites).

You haven't posted any numbers whatsoever to support an argument that Trump is over-performing with "minority voters" and/or over-performing with White voters.

Please present your data on this subject or fold your 7-2 Offsuit Texas Hold 'Em hand.

You made the first raise and reraise and still have yet to provide one shred of evidence to support your argument that Trump is over-performing with minority voters....

But I will show a card, which indicates that Trump is significantly under-performing with Black voters as well as Latino voters...

2/3 are Republican leaning news organizations:

African-American/ "Black" Voters:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/07/13/new-polls-in-pennsylvania-and-ohio-show-donald-trump-with-0-percent-of-the-black-vote/

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/14/poll-only-1-percent-african-americans-support-donald-trump

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/7/hillary-clinton-dominates-donald-trump-99-percent-/

Latino Voters:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-1472827916-htmlstory.html

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/poll-clinton-has-48-percent-more-support-among-hispanic-voters-than-trump/2288135

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/09/clinton-trounces-trump-new-poll-latino-voters

http://www.univision.com/univision-news/politics/exclusive-new-poll-shows-trump-has-a-big-hispanic-problem-in-florida

Asian-Americans:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/donald-trump-asian-american-223502

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/28/trump-risks-alienating-asian-americans-a-rising-voting-force.html

http://www.bustle.com/articles/180214-the-asian-american-vote-donald-trump-why-they-just-dont-go-together

Again, all I see is bluster and making statements as facts without any supporting backup evidence.

Please explain, why Trump is performing better with "Non-White" voters....

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2016, 08:19:20 PM »

If Trump underperfomfing among Whites that means that non-whites are voting at a higher rate for Trump than for Romney, or/and that turnout among white will be higher.

NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2016, 08:24:01 PM »

Seriously, are our mods not seeing this ↑? I have him on ignore and he still takes up more space than an unignored post.

I have chosen not to put on ignore yet, but granted there are many Republicans/Libertarians/Democrats/Greens/Socialists/Independents/Constitutional/ that I have many discussions with over the years although I disagree in some cases on certain core fundamental beliefs, can at least make a reasoned argument for a position that I might disagree with, but is still intellectually sound and solid as a debating point, and lacking any kind of animosity towards various minority populations in America...

Am almost at the end of my rope to put the dude on ignore (And i try to be extremely patient with those I disagree with because I recognize that almost all of us on this forum actually welcome open debate), albeit with disagreements and political philosophies, and one of the main reason most us joined the forum is because it is one of the best places on the internet to actually discuss in a relatively free and open environment, based upon facts and data.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2016, 09:14:50 PM »

Never mind.... the man from "Sweden" appears to be yet another poseur and hack, who runs away every time anyone brings up factual evidence....

Honestly, if the dude doesn't respond with a legit defense of his claim regarding "increased minority support for Trump" he will be the first and only person ever that I have moved to an "Ignore List".

There are so many Democrats that I have major issues with and called out as hacks during the primaries, Republicans that I have had significant policy differences with over the years---- but still are extremely sharp and educated when it comes to Political-Science where I can agree on basic analysis and interpretation, Libertarians and Greens of whom I voted for in multiple Presidential Elections over the decades, however once in a blue moon there is someone on the forum, for whom reason and debate has become more of a spammer element on various national/cable/Internet websites where any attempt at reasonable discussion and dialogue becomes impossible.

LittleBigOctopus has become the first individual ever on this forum, whom I am adding to my "Ignore List".

It is an extremely difficult decision, for a Libertarian minded individual, that does not identify primarily with either major political party, and although I plan on voting Democrat this November is not where my heart nor soul is at.

All being said, unless Mr. Octopus actually provides real data to support "his" (assumption) points, I would rather devote my time and attention debating/discussing/arguing without what appears to be the equivalent of a hack/bot/operative in a forum where I enjoy debating and discussing with real Democrats/Republicans/Libertarians/Independents/ Socialists/Constitutionalists /Greens... etc regardless of fundamental disagreements on policy platforms, and how we move forward as Americans to solve the major issues of our times from the economy, to war and peace, and even the "third rail" of social policies.

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2016, 06:16:48 AM »

My statement is fact. Trump can't  be doing worse (in marginal seance. Read, what we've been talking with Sbane) among Whites and non-Whites at the same time, if turnout is the same as 2012.

We take 3 latest A polls.
IBD/TIPP
Tie
Whites:       Trump +15% (5% worse than Romney)        47% vs 32%
Black/Hisp:  Clinton +52%                                             15% vs 67%

Fox News
Clinton +2%
Whites:        Trump +13% (7% wrose than Romney)       46% vs 33%
Non-Whites: Clinton +42                                               21% vs 61%

Monmouth:
Clinton +7
Whites:        Trump +12  (8% worse than Romney)        44% vs 36%
Non-whites:  Clinton +51                                              14% vs 65%

Since we are talking about margins.  

Just look at first Sbane's post

She's not, but she's better margins.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2016, 06:21:46 AM »

What theory?

I was talking about Whites' relative turnout. Was it not clear? It felt in a much higher rate than demographics (especially in 2012)

not really.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies