Political Complaints I will never understand:
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:26:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Political Complaints I will never understand:
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political Complaints I will never understand:  (Read 558 times)
hopper
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 03, 2016, 05:11:41 PM »
« edited: September 03, 2016, 05:13:49 PM by hopper »

Ok here it goes:

1.) The Republican Party is not conservative enough- So my question on what issue is the party not conservative for you on? These voters never say what the issue is that the party is not conservative enough for them on.

2.) The following politician(fill in the blank) or party does nothing-Well what do you want him or her or the the political party to do? Again these voters never say what they want the person or the party to do.

3.) The Republican Party compromises to much with President Obama or has decieved us: Ok so the Presidency is controlled by one party and Congress is controlled by the opposing party. Common Sense woud tell you that Congress and The President aren't gonna agree 100% on legislation so you have to compromise. What are the Republicans just gonna do nothing when they are budgets to pass that you have to pass with a Dem President in the White House? BTW, a repeal of ObamaCare isn't happening.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 06:23:40 PM »

1-3) People who don't understand how the legislative process works. No one ever gets 100% of what they want. No one ensures "the other side" gets 0% of what they want.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 06:55:43 PM »

The people who might say the things in the OP are willing to shut down the government rather than give in on funding for things like Obamacare and Planned Parenthood. They are a lot like union workers at struggling company who would rather strike and shut down the company (perhaps permanently - see Hostess Brands) than give in on items they see as critical, like pension cuts or dramatically reduced health care.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 04:28:14 PM »

The people who might say the things in the OP are willing to shut down the government rather than give in on funding for things like Obamacare and Planned Parenthood. They are a lot like union workers at struggling company who would rather strike and shut down the company (perhaps permanently - see Hostess Brands) than give in on items they see as critical, like pension cuts or dramatically reduced health care.

The difference is that we need the government. We don't need twinkies.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 09:20:19 PM »

The difference is that we need the government. We don't need twinkies.

I'm not disputing that. The people I'm talking about don't think they need the government except for the military and a few other specific items. They don't see they larger picture of how it will directly affect them, In that way they are similar to the workers I described.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies