WI: Iranian Green Movement More Successful?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:25:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  WI: Iranian Green Movement More Successful?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WI: Iranian Green Movement More Successful?  (Read 2187 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2016, 05:55:37 PM »
« edited: September 04, 2016, 06:04:48 PM by MATTROSE94 »

Let's say that the Iranian Green Movement somehow succeeded in overthrowing Ayatollah Khamenei and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and allows Reza Pahlavi and/or Maryam Rajavi to come to power instead with limited US backing. What would have been the effect on contemporary Middle Eastern politics?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 12:44:58 AM »

I imagine a President or Shah Reza Pahlavi with a parliamentary system is the most likely outcome.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2016, 12:24:23 PM »

I imagine a President or Shah Reza Pahlavi with a parliamentary system is the most likely outcome.
Your probably right. I bet that Reza Pahlavi would become the monarch and maybe Maryam Rajavi would become the prime minister of Iran if the Green Movement turned out to be more successful. They would both have little support as rulers outside of the northern part of Tehran and would likely slaughter any of the remaining supporters of the former Iranian government.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2016, 04:21:03 PM »

Your probably right. I bet that Reza Pahlavi would become the monarch and maybe Maryam Rajavi would become the prime minister of Iran if the Green Movement turned out to be more successful. They would both have little support as rulers outside of the northern part of Tehran and would likely slaughter any of the remaining supporters of the former Iranian government.
A Shah Reza Pahlavi would help bring in royalist military officials. Besides that, I'd guess we get a President Hussein-Ali Montazeri and a Prime Minister/Chancellor Yousef Saani.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 11:34:22 AM »

A Shah Reza Pahlavi would help bring in royalist military officials. Besides that, I'd guess we get a President Hussein-Ali Montazeri and a Prime Minister/Chancellor Yousef Saani.
Both Hussein-Ali Montazeri and Yousef Saani would be good choices for either Prime Minister or President of Iran and would have potentially built support for Reza Pahlavi's rule from the more traditional Iranian communities. Also, both are liberal Muslim clerics and would have supported establishing a more liberal interpretation of Islam in Iran, which might have played well with the younger generation of Iranians.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 04:21:24 PM »

Exactly. Iran could be so great right now, and it could be a beacon of stability in an area where the most stable country is literally either Turkey or Israel.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 11:38:57 PM »

Question: What role do you think Mahmoud Hashemi Shahroudi, who is considered a moderate in Iran today, would have? I suspect there is a good chance he would be the leader of the "radical" faction that is far more opposed to civil war than the less mainstream factions.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies