GOP: Does your stance on Trump change depending on who you're talking to?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:41:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  GOP: Does your stance on Trump change depending on who you're talking to?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GOP: Does your stance on Trump change depending on who you're talking to?  (Read 486 times)
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2016, 04:13:42 PM »

For me, kind of, but not really:

Me talking to a huge Trump supporter: Any Republican who doesn't support Trump is enabling Hillary, and they are short-sighted.  We had our primary, and Trump is way better than Crooked Hillary, so we have to come home to beat her.

Me talking to a conservative reluctant Trump supporter: Look, the Supreme Court is on the line.  If we don't vote for Trump, Hillary will appoint Supreme Court justices who will legalize post-birth abortion and transgender polygamous marriage.

Me talking to a Sasseian conservative Never-Trumper: I agree with you that Trump isn't ideal, and I probably agree that Evan McMullin/Mike Smith/Darrell Castle would be a better president.  I just don't think I want to waste my vote on someone who won't win, when the Supreme Court is on the line.

Me talking to a centrist Never-Trumper, especially one voting for Gary Johnson: JOHNSON IS A LIBERAL!!  A VOTE FOR HIM IS A VOTE FOR HITLERY CLINTON!!!  IT'S OUR DUTY TO SUPPORT THE NOMINEE OF OUR PARTY, TO STOP HER FROM WINNING! (I don't seem to care that they're not very conservative)

Me talking to someone who is pro-life and voting for Gary Johnson:  If you vote for openly pro-abortion Gary Johnson, you're kissing goodbye any hope we ever have of overturning Roe v. Wade!  Never call yourself pro-life again if you vote for him!  He's no better than Hillary!!
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 07:49:15 PM »

Gary Johnson is more conservative than Donald Trump. Heck, Hillary Clinton is almost certainly more conservative than Trump. Trump is no more conservative than a wet sack of potato chips.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 07:59:49 PM »

An insightful analysis into the mind of a deranged man.

Thank you, ExtremeRepublican.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 08:01:54 PM »

Yes.  Admitting that I support Trump would be a great folly when talking to people in the Bay Area.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 08:03:22 PM »

Me talking to a conservative reluctant Trump supporter: Look, the Supreme Court is on the line.  If we don't vote for Trump, Hillary will appoint Supreme Court justices who will legalize post-birth abortion and transgender polygamous marriage.

How dare you make me read this with my own two eyes.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 08:43:56 PM »

No, I'm firmly opposed to Trump no matter who I talk to
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 09:13:30 PM »

No, just how loud I am.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 09:17:30 PM »

That's basically what I said if you read the post.  I can be anywhere from a massive Trump supporter to a very reluctant conflicted Trump supporter, and I think it's because I (very temporarily) take to heart what the other person is saying when it's not a central view (like no one could get me to be sympathetic to abortion).  I'm probably somewhere between an extremely enthusiastic supporter and a reluctant conflicted one.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 09:29:47 PM »

No, I'm firmly opposed to Trump no matter who I talk to
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 09:45:07 PM »

People speak differently to different people based on what they will respond best to. This is very basic stuff.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 09:47:06 PM »

I like to pretend to like Trump and that I'm going to vote for him, around what I consider out-of touch liberals. I'm not going to voting for him anyway.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 09:47:44 PM »

You know there are trans* people on this forum, right? Do you think we don't care? Or are you knowingly spitting in our faces?

And lol on the legalizing polyamorous marriage. I wish that was politically feasible.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 10:01:21 PM »

Sign me up.  I hope the wedding cakes are pot-laced and have dead fetus dolls where the bride and groom should be.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2016, 08:41:08 AM »

No. I tell the same thing to everyone. Trump is a monster, and totally unfit to be POTUS. Hillary sucks too, but not as much. Thank you.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2016, 09:43:54 AM »

Also, even though he isn't pro-life, at least Gary Johnson supports the 10th Amendment and will let states ban abortion. Donald Trump will appoint his pro-abortion sister to the SCOTUS.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 11:43:33 AM »

My stance on Trump doesn't change regardless of who I'm talking to, but the tone with which I present the need to vote against him (preferably for Johnson, though Hillary is acceptable too) does vary depending on who I'm speaking to, yes.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 12:02:53 PM »

Also, even though he isn't pro-life, at least Gary Johnson supports the 10th Amendment and will let states ban abortion. Donald Trump will appoint his pro-abortion sister to the SCOTUS.
Johnson said to some extent, I thought. For example, legal in every state up to twelve weeks and universal exceptions for rape, incest, and et cetera.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 04:24:22 PM »

A good friend of mine I see pretty regularly is a volunteer for the Trump campaign. I frequently criticize Trump while in his presence.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 07:09:28 PM »

Johnson said to some extent, I thought. For example, legal in every state up to twelve weeks and universal exceptions for rape, incest, and et cetera.
Gary Johnson is nowhere near ideal, but he's far better than the other two, who support Planned Parenthood.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies