Other foreign trips Trump should do before election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:12:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Other foreign trips Trump should do before election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Other foreign trips Trump should do before election  (Read 245 times)
rob in cal
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2016, 10:33:33 AM »

I think Trump's Mexico trip was helpful to him in that just by meeting with a world leader and not doing anything too ridiculous it helped his overall "presidential" stature. With that in mind, I'm wondering about some other places for him to visit.
   Obviously Finland comes to mind immediately for it has been (I think until recently anyway) the most developed European economy with little or no immigration.  As Trump supports having less immigration into the US it would be logical for him to go there on a fact finding mission, maybe talk to employers, educators, politicians etc and find out from them just how it is that Finland has been able to manage without mass immigration all of these years.
   Israel would be a good second stop, both to build up street cred as a mainstream politician (look everyone I'm not a Nazi, I'm visiting Israel, saying nice things about the country, wearing a yarmulke etc).  Key point  on this visit, the Israel/Egypt border fence/wall/barrier.  Clearly Trump should spend the bulk of his time here, luxuriating in its majesty, marveling in its engineering wonderment, reveling in its effectiveness.
   Final stop, perhaps China where he could get some fine tuning on crony capitalism and some pointers on effective corporation management.  Trump talks about how he's going to discourage US companies from relocating overseas, and I would think he could learn a thing or two about effective management from the Chinese government.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 10:49:30 AM »
« Edited: September 07, 2016, 10:51:27 AM by Stranger in a strange land »

The Farage visit seemed to work (or so his campaign and Alt-Right supporters think), so he should go on a tour of Europe to meet with Far Right Leaders: he needs to do press conferences with Wilders, Le Pen, Orban, and Michaloliakos. He should also speak at a Pediga Rally. It'll all be topped off by a visit to Moscow for a meeting with Putin.

Also, he should take a swing through the Middle East and meet with Sisi (LOOK - I'M OKAY WITH MUSLIMS!!!) and Netanyahu (LOOK - I'M OKAY WITH JEWS!)
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 02:00:25 PM »

Somalia?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length