The absentee/early vote thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:16:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The absentee/early vote thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86
Author Topic: The absentee/early vote thread  (Read 170991 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2100 on: November 01, 2016, 10:41:25 PM »

but the end result is the same. if white voters are an increased share of the electorate, Trump benefits bigly.

i don't really believe it is possible to make such generalized claims about racial identity but we are going to see it soon.

cohn and macdonald are btw doubting the claim about 28%....

cohn said, their own models have trump getting support from early voting republicans 80 - 10.
psychprofessor

« Reply #2101 on: November 01, 2016, 10:46:02 PM »

as i said.

black is up...all others are even more up.

but the end result is the same. if white voters are an increased share of the electorate, Trump benefits bigly.

but they won't be...white share of the florida electorate modeled to be 2-3% less than 2012.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #2102 on: November 01, 2016, 10:46:38 PM »

How many have already voted in Florida? In mln or  in % of total of 2012.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #2103 on: November 01, 2016, 10:47:55 PM »

but they won't be...white share of the florida electorate modeled to be 2-3% less than 2012.

maybe in the end but it won't be transparent...many UNAFF are non-white but you wouldn't know.

@trumpista...one or 2 days ago, about 1/3 of the measured vote.
psychprofessor

« Reply #2104 on: November 01, 2016, 10:48:01 PM »

as i said.

black is up...all others are even more up.

Steve Schale
‏@steveschale
@MichaelWLemme @stevandrews @EsotericCD @FingerootB @KFILE won't be more than 3. Was 67. I think 65 is probably best case & very good

this is in relation to what share the white electorate in florida will be
HillOfANight
« Reply #2105 on: November 01, 2016, 10:50:24 PM »

Excited White Trump supporters voted very early, now tapped out?
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2106 on: November 01, 2016, 10:52:11 PM »

Wisconsin early vote so far: 51% Dem, 37% Rep. In 2012 it was: 46% Dem, 39% Rep
2012: 46% Dem, 39% Rep, 15% Other (231,000)
2016: 51% Dem, 37% Rep, 12% Other (446,000)

relax bruh - it's all Trump Dems folks!

All those Reagan Democrats in Madison!

IceSpear you literally made me spit out my beer on that....

If you don't have me on ignore from the primaries wanted to say thank you for making me laugh the hardest today, since Arch jumped in to comment on "Angry Puerto Ricans" in Florida, to correct the record on some people wondering about EVs in Florida. Smiley

Yeah.... there aren't a ton of Reagan Democrats left in Wisconsin period, let alone in Madison.

OT:

Just last Friday, I walked into a bar in a small Coastal Oregon town (Pop 750) and spent a little time on the Video Poker machines before chatting with a couple men with a few decades on me (55-65).

The old-time logger and Elk hunter and myself chatted for an hour while my wife was losing a few bucks on the slots, and although we didn't talk about the current Presidential Election, in the course of a conversation about the Timber Industry in a remote part of NorthCoast Oregon, he made an adamant point about how "Ronald Reagan was the worst President ever" that "destroyed the Unions" and, although some Republicans on this Forum that can't even grow facial hair, like to talk about this mysterious species, reality is that in most parts of the country, these are identified as Republicans, and it doesn't appear that old time Democrats that rejected Reagan, but still own firearms, opposed to increased environmental regulations that impact local jobs, are going down the route of the Trump Train.

True story, no hype, no BS....   If Tillamook County Oregon is going heavy D, even among the mythical species that Republicans and the MSM like to refer to as "Reagan Democrats, I gotta wonder what's going on in places like upstate Wisconsin and UP Michigan....

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2107 on: November 01, 2016, 10:54:27 PM »

@NOVA Green: With those numbers in Oregon, do you think Democrats are poised to make anymore gains in the legislature? What about the SoS race - I heard that was close as well, no?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2108 on: November 01, 2016, 11:02:26 PM »

Wisconsin early vote so far: 51% Dem, 37% Rep. In 2012 it was: 46% Dem, 39% Rep
2012: 46% Dem, 39% Rep, 15% Other (231,000)
2016: 51% Dem, 37% Rep, 12% Other (446,000)

relax bruh - it's all Trump Dems folks!

All those Reagan Democrats in Madison!

IceSpear you literally made me spit out my beer on that....

If you don't have me on ignore from the primaries wanted to say thank you for making me laugh the hardest today, since Arch jumped in to comment on "Angry Puerto Ricans" in Florida, to correct the record on some people wondering about EVs in Florida. Smiley

Yeah.... there aren't a ton of Reagan Democrats left in Wisconsin period, let alone in Madison.

OT:

Just last Friday, I walked into a bar in a small Coastal Oregon town (Pop 750) and spent a little time on the Video Poker machines before chatting with a couple men with a few decades on me (55-65).

The old-time logger and Elk hunter and myself chatted for an hour while my wife was losing a few bucks on the slots, and although we didn't talk about the current Presidential Election, in the course of a conversation about the Timber Industry in a remote part of NorthCoast Oregon, he made an adamant point about how "Ronald Reagan was the worst President ever" that "destroyed the Unions" and, although some Republicans on this Forum that can't even grow facial hair, like to talk about this mysterious species, reality is that in most parts of the country, these are identified as Republicans, and it doesn't appear that old time Democrats that rejected Reagan, but still own firearms, opposed to increased environmental regulations that impact local jobs, are going down the route of the Trump Train.

True story, no hype, no BS....   If Tillamook County Oregon is going heavy D, even among the mythical species that Republicans and the MSM like to refer to as "Reagan Democrats, I gotta wonder what's going on in places like upstate Wisconsin and UP Michigan....

Thanks! I've never ignored anyone, but even if I did, I don't see why I'd ignore you of all people. You tend to give pretty good analysis. If I was going to ignore anybody it would be the trolls like henster and bronz, spammers like StatesPoll, the jferns of the world, etc.
psychprofessor

« Reply #2109 on: November 01, 2016, 11:03:48 PM »

just wanted to mention that my parents recently moved to florida and early voted for hillary. they went to her rally tonight in broward county and my dad was interviewed on tv about voting for hillary..very proud son here!
Ozymandias

« Reply #2110 on: November 01, 2016, 11:24:21 PM »
« Edited: November 01, 2016, 11:26:58 PM by Ozymandias »

The Political Hat: "Nevada Early Vote Update 2016 (Day 10 of 14)"

http://politicalhat.com/2016/11/01/nevada-early-vote-update-2016-day-10-of-14/

"In Summary

With over two-thirds of the early voting over, it continues to look like 2016 will be a worse year than 2012. The Republicans are set to lose two of Nevada’s four Congressional districts, the Assembly, the state Senate for at least four years, and potentially give Cortez Masto a life-time appointment to the U.S. Senate while concomitantly enshrining her as the new Democratic king-maker in Nevada.

To whit: Republicans should be hitting the panic button like a crack monkey putting down the crack pipe."
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2111 on: November 01, 2016, 11:26:46 PM »

When a heavy partisan writes an article with such pessimistic outlook, it continues to solidify the fact that NV is gone.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2112 on: November 01, 2016, 11:37:13 PM »

Yeah, barring something extremely unexpected, NV is gone. Only question now is if Hillary wins by a big enough margin to drag CCM Purple heart over the finish line.

Congrats to xingkerui and all the rest of us who never bought the junky Nevada polls.

Although I'm sure people will continue to have panic attacks whenever Ralston tweets about how Republicans won Washoe County by 2.6 votes or something, despite the fact that they need to crush it there to even have a chance at winning statewide...
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2113 on: November 01, 2016, 11:46:00 PM »

Congrats to xingkerui and all the rest of us who never bought the junky Nevada polls.

Thanks Smiley

Anyway, Heck should overperform Trump, but I think too many people assume that this year's Senate race is a 2012 redux. The thing is, CCM<3 is a decent candidate, and certainly no Berkley, and the only reason Heller won is because many Democrats voted NOTA (he only got 46.5% of the vote).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2114 on: November 01, 2016, 11:47:25 PM »

Thanks Smiley

Anyway, Heck should overperform Trump, but I think too many people assume that this year's Senate race is a 2012 redux. The thing is, CCM<3 is a decent candidate, and certainly no Berkley, and the only reason Heller won is because many Democrats voted NOTA (he only got 46.5% of the vote).
Yeah. Heck is f$%ked.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2115 on: November 02, 2016, 12:17:39 AM »

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/793682522991308800

You must be logged in to read this quote.

NV is Safe D Smiley
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #2116 on: November 02, 2016, 12:18:12 AM »

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports

-->

better than yesterday, no republican break even.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2117 on: November 02, 2016, 12:19:12 AM »

Nice. Right on target.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2118 on: November 02, 2016, 12:19:45 AM »

Great news!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #2119 on: November 02, 2016, 12:22:17 AM »

funny thing is, that a LITTLE BIT closer race than 2012 in NV could be more dangerous for the GOP.....otherwise there wouldn't be death flags everywhere.

need to check this out sometimes.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2120 on: November 02, 2016, 12:23:14 AM »

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports

-->

better than yesterday, no republican break even.

Is he saying that Dems won by 3,000 in 2012, but only by 2,200 this time? That's a pretty significant drop.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #2121 on: November 02, 2016, 12:25:33 AM »

Is he saying that Dems won by 3,000 in 2012, but only by 2,200 this time? That's a pretty significant drop.

he is but at that time washoe was much closer.

and i don't think day to day comparisons over 4 years make much sense, if your reach the same number. (same advantage over republicans, even with higher number of people overall)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2122 on: November 02, 2016, 12:27:46 AM »

and i don't think day to day comparisons over 4 years make much sense, if your reach the same number. (same advantage over republicans, even with higher number of people overall)

Sorry to be a broken record, but same raw advantage with a higher total vote means that the % margin is down. If Dems pull even with 2012 %-wise, I'd feel a lot better about the Senate.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #2123 on: November 02, 2016, 12:30:15 AM »

if the people of NV like CCM she is going to win anyway.... if not, she is going to lose even if HRC wins.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2124 on: November 02, 2016, 12:35:11 AM »

Sorry to be a broken record, but same raw advantage with a higher total vote means that the % margin is down. If Dems pull even with 2012 %-wise, I'd feel a lot better about the Senate.

What matters is that the raw vote advantage is now 50,000.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies