SB 2016-026: A Real Living Wage Act (Final Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:43:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 2016-026: A Real Living Wage Act (Final Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 2016-026: A Real Living Wage Act (Final Vote)  (Read 2096 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« on: September 14, 2016, 12:17:16 AM »

Hi there, hope you don't mind me crossing over, I was briefly for this idea given that I don't think that the minimum wage hike call from our friends on the left side of the aisle will stop, but I would like to presently stand against this as it should be seen as a regional issue, NOT a federal issue.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 02:48:23 AM »

Thank you for allowing me to participate in this debate. I see this as a regional issue because different areas have different costs of living. It has often been mentioned that it is much more expensive to live in Fremont than in the South due to attractions such as the Pacific Ocean coastline and landscaping, among other things. In the south, 8-9$ likely could suffice whereas Fremont may need wages approaching 15$ a hour. In addition to that facet, I believe the regional governments can adjust the minimum wage faster than the federal congress can as they have less pressing issues to deal with, from my experience in the South.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 02:49:38 AM »

Thank you for allowing me to participate in this debate. I see this as a regional issue because different areas have different costs of living. It has often been mentioned that it is much more expensive to live in Fremont than in the South due to attractions such as the Pacific Ocean coastline and landscaping, among other things. In the south, 8-9$ likely could suffice whereas Fremont may need wages approaching 15$ a hour. In addition to that facet, I believe the regional governments can adjust the minimum wage faster than the federal congress can as they have less pressing issues to deal with, from my experience in the South.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 02:55:04 PM »

Again it's kind of pointless in general to establish a federal minimum wage when it could negatively impact Fremont by being too low and the South and parts of the North by being too high, let the regions have their say.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 11:00:01 AM »

NAY
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 07:13:04 PM »

With 4 votes in favor, 1 against, and 1 not voting, this bill passes the Senate and moves on to the House.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 12:54:33 AM »

A Real Living Wage Act

1. The Federal Minimum Wage of Atlasia is hereby increased to $9 an hour on April 16th 2017, followed by an increase to $10 by April 16th 2018.  Regions, states, and localities may at any time adopt a minimum wage higher, but no lower, than the Federal Minimum Wage.

2. Businesses which employ less than 20 people (excluding franchises) may claim for a Federal Relief Tax credit amounting to 20% of wage per employee.  This tax credit shall expire after April 15th, 2018.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies