Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:35:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 30749 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: September 12, 2016, 01:14:44 AM »

I wonder if this will be the beginning of people realizing they have been way too hard on her.
You'll try and spin anything wont you?

Well, it's true. She has pneumonia and didn't tell the public because she knew she was being held to a ridiculous standard that put her in a catch-22 scenario. So instead, she forged ahead, kept on with a full schedule, and overall had a pretty decent week. And she's done all of this with a smile on her face, backwards and in high heels.

The way she quietly confronts her challenges—ones that another person probably wouldn't have to face in the same position—without making hay of the situation is pretty admirable.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #526 on: September 12, 2016, 01:15:38 AM »

I wonder if this will be the beginning of people realizing they have been way too hard on her.

Well, it's true. She has pneumonia and didn't tell the public because she knew she was being held to a ridiculous standard that put her in a catch-22 scenario. So instead, she forged ahead, kept on with a full schedule, and overall had a pretty decent week. And she's done all of this with a smile on her face, backwards and in high heels.

The way she quietly confronts her challenges—ones that another person probably wouldn't have to face in the same position—without making hay of the situation is pretty admirable.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #527 on: September 12, 2016, 01:20:28 AM »

I cannot understand why anyone is concerned with Hillary's physical health (isn't that why VP's are important?) when Trump is clearly mentally deranged. I would rather have a physically impaired President than a mentally impaired one.

Because they're mentally deranged themselves. Voting for TrumpMillerBarron requires a level of insanity.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #528 on: September 12, 2016, 01:32:57 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 01:37:57 AM by EpicHistory »

Well, it's true. She has pneumonia and didn't tell the public because she knew she was being held to a ridiculous standard that put her in a catch-22 scenario.

Even Michael Moore called her out on this, given it's obvious this was hid in selfish reasons as you note (It would hurt her in the polls).

Given the fact she's running to be President requires that us voters give all possible scrutiny on her (As well as Trump to be fair). Whether the "Red Avatars" in this thread want to acknowledge it or not, she got overheated in mildly inconvenient weather to the point she had to be manhandled into a vehicle. If she can't handle roughly 90 minutes of sedentary activity in the sun, what is she going to do in the event of a major crisis that forces her to go days without sleep in high intensity situations (See the example of JFK during the Cuban Crisis)?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Where was this full schedule in August, incidentally? As well, if steadily losing a lead in the polls and having a medical episode is a good week, god help us all if she has a bad one while President.

(For the record, this is my first post here. I've been a long time lurker, but the amount of mental jujitsu attempts in this thread finally got me to make an account.)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #529 on: September 12, 2016, 01:41:10 AM »

Well, it's true. She has pneumonia and didn't tell the public because she knew she was being held to a ridiculous standard that put her in a catch-22 scenario.

Even Michael Moore called her out on this, given it's obvious this was hid in selfish reasons as you note (It would hurt her in the polls).

Given the fact she's running to be President requires that us voters give all possible scrutiny on her (As well as Trump to be fair). Whether the "Red Avatars" in this thread want to acknowledge it or not, she got overheated in mildly inconvenient weather to the point she had to be manhandled into a vehicle. If she can't handle roughly 90 minutes of sedentary activity in the sun, what is she going to do in the event of a major crisis that forces her to go days without sleep in high intensity situations (See the example of JFK during the Cuban Crisis)?

Where was this full schedule in August, incidentally? As well, if steadily losing a lead in the polls and having a medical episode is a good week, god help us all if she has a bad one while President.

(For the record, this is my first post here. I've been a long time lurker, but the amount of mental jujitsu attempts in this thread finally got me to make an account.)

Thanks for not wasting time and proving right away that you are worthy of a block.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #530 on: September 12, 2016, 01:43:46 AM »

Thanks for not wasting time and proving right away that you are worthy of a block.

An inability to defend one's positions is a very clear indicator one should rethink such stances. I bid you a good day, regardless.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #531 on: September 12, 2016, 01:46:41 AM »

It is sexism, pure and simple. There's no other explanation why Donald Trump gets handled with kid gloves by the media while Hillary Clinton is attacked at every instance. I'm not worried about this at all. Politically, this might be pretty good for her. Just wait until the strong and resilient Hillary Clinton shows up on the debate stage two weeks from now and crushes Donald Trump with her superior intellect.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #532 on: September 12, 2016, 01:48:45 AM »

Her illness is not permanent.
So why are you talking as if this will be something that will affect her, if she were to become President ?
If it was a severe case of pneumonia, or some other major illness, than I can understand your discomfort with her not being open about the sickness. But I think this whole thing has been blown-up to a point, that she is basically dying (which is obviously ridiculous). She walked out of her daughters apartment (with no help) soon after she went in to rest and was seen by some medical people. Would someone with a severe illness have the strength to do that ?
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #533 on: September 12, 2016, 01:55:19 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 02:03:59 AM by EpicHistory »

Her illness is not permanent. So why are you talking as if this will be something that will affect her, if she were to become President ?

No, but it shows a clear lack of stamina. As I said, she basically was sitting in the sun for about 90 minutes. That's not that intense of a physical ordeal, and the heat should've been nothing for her considering she lived in the South for several years.

It's the honesty factor. If she can't tell the truth to the American people about a minor ailment as you note, what else will she lie about/cover up?

She appeared for a few minutes, with several SS agents nearby as the video showed. Last I read, she's also now in Chappaqua for additional rest. As well, what you or I think somebody with a sickness can or cannot do is an invalid point because we lack medical degrees to make such professional opinions.

EDIT: For the record as far as what I've observed in people with severe illnesses, my mother has had congestive heart failure necessitating surgery, three back operations, and has a progressive muscle eating disease. Despite this, she has in the recent past mowed for up to two hours in our Southern heat as well as moved furniture by herself, and not had anywhere near the amount of issues Clinton has had today with regards to sitting. Take from this what you will.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #534 on: September 12, 2016, 01:55:57 AM »

So why are you talking as if this will be something that will affect her, if she were to become President ?
If it was a severe case of pneumonia, or some other major illness, than I can understand your discomfort with her not being open about the sickness. But I think this whole thing has been blown-up to a point, that she is basically dying (which is obviously ridiculous). She walked out of her daughters apartment (with no help) soon after she went in to rest and was seen by some medical people. Would someone with a severe illness have the strength to do that ?

It hasn't appeared to significantly impact her performance now even at the height of the illness given that she had a very busy schedule this week and gave several press conferences where she was sharp and knowledgable as ever.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #535 on: September 12, 2016, 01:56:36 AM »

She appeared for a few minutes, with several SS agents nearby as the video showed. Last I read, she's also now in Chappaqua for additional rest.

It's like 3 AM
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #536 on: September 12, 2016, 01:59:12 AM »

She went to Chappaqua at 1:30 PM.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #537 on: September 12, 2016, 02:00:35 AM »

What is more, she only hid it because she was forced to do so thanks to the way Donald Trump has legitimized conspiracy theorists and the like. She wanted some peace and quiet, not to be vilified and Chicken Littled for catching a bug.

I'd also add that JFK had far worse health issues than Hillary Clinton, so your example only serves to undermine your point.

As for Hillary's August schedule, she fundraised a hell of a lot, so it's clear she was working hard. And this week was pretty good: She re-established her relationship with the press by holding numerous gaggles and press conferences, she got a new plane, managed to drown out the e-mail story, energized her base by directly assailing the bigotry in the race, and just in general managed to drive the news cycle in the way that Donald is usually able to do. Today's events were unfortunate, but they prove she's only human and really does work her ass off in the face of totally baseless attacks.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #538 on: September 12, 2016, 02:01:26 AM »

Welcome to posting on this forum. You are absolutely right. The excuses here by the red avatars here are definitely of the "dog ate my homework" variety.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #539 on: September 12, 2016, 02:01:40 AM »

She appeared for a few minutes, with several SS agents nearby as the video showed. Last I read, she's also now in Chappaqua for additional rest.

It's like 3 AM

She will be too sick to answer the phone.  Besides we already know that she lacks the stamina to handle a 3am phone call just like on 9/11/12 at 3:40 p.m. Eastern time.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #540 on: September 12, 2016, 02:04:55 AM »

Welcome to posting on this forum. You are absolutely right. The excuses here by the red avatars here are definitely of the "dog ate my homework" variety.

Thank yah for the welcome.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #541 on: September 12, 2016, 02:06:29 AM »

What is more, she only hid it because she was forced to do so thanks to the way Donald Trump has legitimized conspiracy theorists and the like. She wanted some peace and quiet, not to be vilified and Chicken Littled for catching a bug.

I'd also add that JFK had far worse health issues than Hillary Clinton, so your example only serves to undermine your point.

As for Hillary's August schedule, she fundraised a hell of a lot, so it's clear she was working hard. And this week was pretty good: She re-established her relationship with the press by holding numerous gaggles and press conferences, she got a new plane, managed to drown out the e-mail story, energized her base by directly assailing the bigotry in the race, and just in general managed to drive the news cycle in the way that Donald is usually able to do. Today's events were unfortunate, but they prove she's only human and really does work her ass off in the face of totally baseless attacks.

Are you wanting me to respond to this, or are you taking shots from the safety of claiming to have blocked me?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #542 on: September 12, 2016, 02:07:07 AM »

Are you wanting me to respond to this, or are you taking shots from the safety of claiming to have blocked me?

I would suggest to all those present, it is not worth responding to you in general.
Mallow
United States

« Reply #543 on: September 12, 2016, 02:09:22 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 02:11:24 AM by Mallow »

Her illness is not permanent. So why are you talking as if this will be something that will affect her, if she were to become President ?

No, but it shows a clear lack of stamina. As I said, she basically was sitting in the sun for about 90 minutes. That's not that intense of a physical ordeal, and the heat should've been nothing for her considering she lived in the South for several years.

Are you being intentionally obtuse here? Pneumonia is an illness, and Clinton's weakness today was a direct consequence of that illness. Drawing conclusions about general "stamina," and suggesting that in her pneumonia-weakened state she should have been able to handle stresses equally as well as a person without an illness, is an example of either willful ignorance, or intentional obfuscation.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #544 on: September 12, 2016, 02:09:24 AM »

I would suggest to all those present, it is not worth responding to you in general.
Because that, ladies and gentlemen is how political discourse should go in this country. Put the person that disagrees with you on ignore. Also known as your typical tolerant red avatar "welcome" to those that don't agree with you politically.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #545 on: September 12, 2016, 02:10:27 AM »

Also known as your typical tolerant red avatar "welcome" to those that don't agree with you politically.

I would strenuously object to characterisation of myself as "tolerant". I am proudly intolerant of fascists and other professed enemies of Western Civilisation.
EpicHistory
Rookie
United States

« Reply #546 on: September 12, 2016, 02:13:31 AM »

Are you being intentionally obtuse here? Pneumonia is an illness, and Clinton's weakness today was a direct consequence of that illness. Drawing conclusions about general "stamina," and suggesting that in her pneumonia-weakened state she should have been able to handle stresses equally as well as a person without an illness can handle, is an example of either willful ignorance, or intentional obfuscation.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that ISIS would give a President Clinton sick days when she isn't feeling up to the task of managing the nation.

Occupying the Oval Office actually does require you to push through being "overheated" because otherwise we could all die. And for the record, she supposedly only has a mild case of walking pneumonia that should not have handicapped her this bad.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #547 on: September 12, 2016, 02:17:15 AM »

I'm sorry, I didn't know that ISIS would give a President Clinton sick days when she isn't feeling up to the task of managing the nation.

I have just found your picture in the dictionary. Starts with a "d"

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/demagogue
Mallow
United States

« Reply #548 on: September 12, 2016, 02:20:32 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 02:23:57 AM by Mallow »

Are you being intentionally obtuse here? Pneumonia is an illness, and Clinton's weakness today was a direct consequence of that illness. Drawing conclusions about general "stamina," and suggesting that in her pneumonia-weakened state she should have been able to handle stresses equally as well as a person without an illness can handle, is an example of either willful ignorance, or intentional obfuscation.

Occupying the Oval Office actually does require you to push through being "overheated" because otherwise we could all die. And for the record, she supposedly only has a mild case of walking pneumonia that should not have handicapped her this bad.

I'm sorry I responded to you. I am not in the mood to chase red herrings and strawmen. Enjoy your evening.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #549 on: September 12, 2016, 02:22:21 AM »

I'm sorry I responded to you. I am not in the mood to chase red herrings. Enjoy your evening.

We all learn from our mistakes. Certain people should never be engaged seriously.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies