Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:41:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 31123 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: September 12, 2016, 11:35:37 AM »

Presumably she got pneumonia while fleeing those snipers in Bosnia

What is more, she only hid it because she was forced to do so thanks to the way Donald Trump has legitimized conspiracy theorists and the like. She wanted some peace and quiet, not to be vilified and Chicken Littled for catching a bug.

Hey genius, if the conspiracy theory turns out to be true, it isn't a "conspiracy theory" anymore, it's a conspiracy fact

Apparently Donald Trump's crime was legitimizing people who were right all along. I suppose Hillary shouldn't take the blame for those smearing "conspiracy theorists" claiming that Iraq didn't have WMDs?

Hey, f-ckwit, she was diagnosed on Friday. Health conspiracies started months and months ago and were alleging some secret illness that meant near-certain death for the candidate. There's a difference.

Instead, it turns out she's battling a glorified cold. It needs to be taken seriously, but it's not the throat cancer you know-nothings shout about from the rooftops.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #576 on: September 12, 2016, 11:42:18 AM »

Presumably she got pneumonia while fleeing those snipers in Bosnia

What is more, she only hid it because she was forced to do so thanks to the way Donald Trump has legitimized conspiracy theorists and the like. She wanted some peace and quiet, not to be vilified and Chicken Littled for catching a bug.

Hey genius, if the conspiracy theory turns out to be true, it isn't a "conspiracy theory" anymore, it's a conspiracy fact

Apparently Donald Trump's crime was legitimizing people who were right all along. I suppose Hillary shouldn't take the blame for those smearing "conspiracy theorists" claiming that Iraq didn't have WMDs?

Hey, f-ckwit, she was diagnosed on Friday. Health conspiracies started months and months ago and were alleging some secret illness that meant near-certain death for the candidate. There's a difference.

Instead, it turns out she's battling a glorified cold. It needs to be taken seriously, but it's not the throat cancer you know-nothings shout about from the rooftops.

And now it's come out that at least six members of her senior staff in NYC had the same illness and two of them were hospitalized
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #577 on: September 12, 2016, 11:45:30 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 11:50:12 AM by EliteLX »

It's not one group of you, you are all jackasses.

To the red avatars, quit running as chickens with your head cut off to defend your princess at the slightest case of bad optics for her. Truth is they were scrambling to cover this up and got busted, suck it up. A lot of you are just complete hacks.

To the blue avatars, sneezing is not RIP Hillary campaign. Don't be so hungry for a story. Report it as is and find something to do.

This red avatar is not panicking, but given the disgusting conspiracy mongering of the Trump surrogates, I'm not the least bit surprised they tried to keep this quiet. Not wise, but understandable.

Off you pop onto your high-horse and off into the sunset you go.

I'm not claiming it's something to panic about, in fact I claimed the exact opposite and that it's unfair to make a crisis where there isn't one. So, em, there's that for you.

I also don't see myself riding a high horse. Simply calling out how big of buffoons some people look with the polarization in this board. Princess could shoot somebody and three quarters of you would scramble for any way to make her look like the sweet innocent middle class champion princess she is, and Donald could call somebody a n*gger on live television and be pardoned by his base because he "tells it like it is". It's a lot of users on this board..

What if.... now hold with me.. just what if I told you sometimes the party/party candidate you associate with can be blatantly wrong/at fault/up to no good? GASP!
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #578 on: September 12, 2016, 12:06:35 PM »

Hillary Clinton covered up her pneumonia.

What will she be covering up if she becomes President?

This shows two things

She cannot be trusted

Her health is too frail for her to serve as President
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #579 on: September 12, 2016, 12:14:41 PM »

This shows two things

She cannot be trusted

She caught a contagious temporary illness; therefore, her permanent health isn't up to the job... Are you guys serious?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #580 on: September 12, 2016, 12:18:39 PM »

I imagine everyone would also be saying the same thing when Reagan was showing visible signs of Alzheimer's in his first time?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #581 on: September 12, 2016, 12:20:05 PM »

She might cover up some mosquito bites next time! She could possibly get Zica!
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #582 on: September 12, 2016, 12:23:10 PM »

How exactly was the pneumonia covered up when she wasn't diagnosed until yesterday? Unless you think her doctor is just lying.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #583 on: September 12, 2016, 12:29:40 PM »

This shows two things

She cannot be trusted

She caught a contagious temporary illness; therefore, her permanent health isn't up to the job... Are you guys serious?

She has pneumonia and covered it up.

Pneumonia may lead to serious aftereffects for seniors.

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=168715

Seniors who are hospitalized for pneumonia are at high risk for long-term physical and mental problems that can impair their ability to care for themselves, according to a new study.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #584 on: September 12, 2016, 12:30:13 PM »

Looks like it's going around. At least 6 senior Clinton staff members, Robby Mook, and Chuck Schumer have or recently had pneumonia.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/295392-clintons-pneumonia-also-plagued-campaign-staff
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/401fe5add9a941ebaa2b484a1c6627c3/no-3-senate-democrat-schumer-discloses-pneumonia-diagnosis
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #585 on: September 12, 2016, 12:32:07 PM »

How exactly was the pneumonia covered up when she wasn't diagnosed until yesterday? Unless you think her doctor is just lying.

She was diagnosed Friday and rightly judged it wasn't worth having the press blow up over a temporary affliction, particularly in light of the bullsh-t spinning around about "her health." Turns out it blew up in her face anyway, which is unfortunate, but it certainly shows her commitment, as well as the difficult binds she alone is often uniquely forced into.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #586 on: September 12, 2016, 12:34:03 PM »

This thread is making me all the more excited for the Democrat tears on election night.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #587 on: September 12, 2016, 12:37:06 PM »

This thread is making me all the more excited for the Democrat tears on election night.

I'm not sure if tears of relief are a thing, but yes I assure you that the equivalent of that will be displayed when the threat of a Trump presidency is finally extinguished on election night.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #588 on: September 12, 2016, 12:41:22 PM »

So, is the contention of the Trumpistas here that anyone who ever gets sick is unsuitable to be president, or is this just a rule that applies to Hitlery?

I'm not even planning to vote for her--I would if Massachusetts weren't titanium D at the presidential level--but I have to say, this treatment of her repulses me.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #589 on: September 12, 2016, 12:41:34 PM »

As stated above, she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, not Sunday.

She and her campaign chose to cover it up.  It became impossible to hide any further when she had to leave the 9/11 services early on Sunday, and after a video showed she wasn't stable enough to get into a vehicle on her own without falling down.

They were forced to reveal the fact she has pneumonia, they didn't choose to  do it on their own accord.  
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #590 on: September 12, 2016, 12:42:30 PM »

She and her campaign chose to cover it up.  It became impossible to hide any further when she had to leave the 9/11 services early on Sunday, and after a video showed she wasn't stable enough to get into a vehicle on her own without falling down.

They were forced to reveal the fact she has pneumonia, they didn't choose to  do it on their own accord.  

And why exactly is it a crime?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #591 on: September 12, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »

I'm not saying it is a crime, I am saying Clinton and her campaign chose not to level with the public.  And that decision made by Clinton and her campaign is a fact.       
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #592 on: September 12, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »

You're using an absurd definition of "covered up." Did she lie to the press about having pneumonia? Why in the world would she have needed to disclose the fact that she had pneumonia to anyone? What duty is she under to tell you when she gets a cold?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #593 on: September 12, 2016, 12:52:10 PM »

sh**t happens, everybody gets sick some time. Even young people. That shouldn't be taken too seriously. She wouldn't run, if she were so sick as some right-wing propagandists claim. Calm down.

And if anything were to happen once she's in office, the 25th amendment would be invoked and Kaine takes care as long as she's unable to perform her duties. No reason to worry.

I don't think Hillary is supposed to get sick because she's supposed to be perfect. She is definitely held to a higher standard. It amazes me how much work she's been doing the past month, yet some people think she disappeared because she doesn't have the stamina or the health to keep campaigning. That is so wrong on so many fronts.

SirMuxALot

« Reply #594 on: September 12, 2016, 12:54:55 PM »

You're using an absurd definition of "covered up."

It might have been absurd if this was the first time she's ever withheld info / lied by omission / etc.  Is it really that hard to see how there is indeed a pattern of conduct here?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #595 on: September 12, 2016, 12:55:11 PM »

The pure panic in this thread is priceless for whatever it's worth. It's pneumonia, but you guys know that even the common cold is enough to sideline Hillary for days while Trump runs circles around her. Case in point, his stinging attack on her in Baltimore this morning that left even CNN's main Democratic panelists saying that she's in trouble.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #596 on: September 12, 2016, 12:56:01 PM »

I'm not saying it is a crime, I am saying Clinton and her campaign chose not to level with the public.  And that decision made by Clinton and her campaign is a fact.       

And why was that wrong in this particular case?

Do you expect a campaign/administration to go out in public every time the candidate has a fit of indigestion?

JFK ran his entire campaign on strong painkillers - nobody knew that at the time. LBJ had a horrid heart (well, true they never covered up the actual heart attack several years before the VP run - but he was out of comission for several months then). Even before that, he ran several of his campaigns desperately sick, in constant pain (sometimes having to do surgeries mid campaign) - all that was almost never public. Except in the one case of HRC, politicians are never expected to talk about whatever non-chronic maladies strike them (and in most cases avoid the discussions of chronic ones as well). Why such a different standard for her?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #597 on: September 12, 2016, 12:56:07 PM »

The tears over taking back the Senate and winning the presidential election for the third time in a row?

I, for one, cannot wait to see the deplorables' tears.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #598 on: September 12, 2016, 12:57:32 PM »

The pure panic in this thread is priceless for whatever it's worth. It's pneumonia, but you guys know that even the common cold is enough to sideline Hillary for days while Trump runs circles around her. Case in point, his stinging attack on her in Baltimore this morning that left even CNN's main Democratic panelists saying that she's in trouble.

I'm so sorry that you had a stroke.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #599 on: September 12, 2016, 12:58:47 PM »

You're using an absurd definition of "covered up." Did she lie to the press about having pneumonia? Why in the world would she have needed to disclose the fact that she had pneumonia to anyone? What duty is she under to tell you when she gets a cold?

The issue here is that Clinton has not been open about her health with the public.

Why should Clinton be forth coming about her health?

She is, after all, running to become President of the United States, Commander in Chief, and leader of the free world, an extremely physically and mentally challenging role.  

We have the right to know what is going on with her health.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies