Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:08:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 30649 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2016, 12:18:30 PM »

Hope she's fine. Not a Hillary fan by any stretch but I don't wish her personal misfortune.

Ljube,
Read the post above.
This is a proper response to someone feeling ill or dizzy.
And not jumping to conclusions and hoping someone all of a sudden is "terminally" ill.
Are you even human ?

Now, you are jumping to conclusions. Why do you think I was hoping she is terminally ill?

I said I was worried in another thread. You mocked me there. Several hours later she has another fit. Now you question if I am human.

Unlike you and the other Dem hacks, I am seriously entertaining the thought that she might be so ill that she would be forced to drop out. If that is the case, I believe she should do it sooner, rather than later.

And it’s not all of a sudden. She has been having these health issues for quite some time now. It's just that you and the other blind partisans chose to ignore those episodes. Well, I hope your denial ends today.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2016, 12:19:05 PM »

I agree the optics are terrible.

My first thought was, "if she's actually ill, that's a great excuse to withdrawn, and its hard to imagine any other plausible D candidate, even Kaine, doing worse against TrumpMillerBarron at this point".
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2016, 12:19:35 PM »

I would've loved a nominee under 60.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2016, 12:20:21 PM »

Holy sh**t, the polarization on this forum is getting bad. Why are so many red avatars mad that this thread even exists? Can't report anything that could be negative about her? There's an automatic dismissal and then a turn of subject to Trump. And (some) blue avatars shouldn't be acting like medical consultants either. Jeez.

I somewhat agree with you.
This is a valid thread .... I don't have an issue with its existence and there should be a discussion about it. And yes, I agree that people should not try to deflect and "turn the subject to trump."
I have made this same criticism on the opposite side, when members try to "deny and deflect" from the issue.
But what is really pissing me off, is how some trump supporters are all of a sudden doctors and say that she is obviously "terminally" ill, and they talk like they almost want her to die.
This is disgusting and callous !
And then you lot wonder why America fits you in the "basket of deplorables."
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2016, 12:21:28 PM »

Hope she's fine. Not a Hillary fan by any stretch but I don't wish her personal misfortune.

Ljube,
Read the post above.
And not jumping to conclusions and hoping someone all of a sudden is "terminally" ill.
Are you even human ?

Now, you are jumping to conclusions. Why do you think I was hoping she is terminally ill?

I said I was worried in another thread. You mocked me there. Several hours later she has another fit. Now you question if I am human.

Unlike you and the other Dem hacks, I am seriously entertaining the thought that she might be so ill that she would be forced to drop out. If that is the case, I believe she should do it sooner, rather than later.

And it’s not all of a sudden. She has been having these health issues for quite some time now. It's just that you and the other blind partisans chose to ignore those episodes. Well, I hope your denial ends today.

The concern seems phony, IMO. Some people hate her so bad that it is toxic and a lot of the people supposedly concerned about her health really do not like her at all. This health concern is just a replacement for the emails.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2016, 12:24:00 PM »

Russians are probably poisoning her

#justajokebutiwouldntputitpastthem

Why? Against any likely replacement, Trump is going to get steamrolled. Decades of HillaryHate is half of what's keeping his bloated corpse of a campaign inflated.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #156 on: September 11, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »

Wasn't she supposed to be dead by last April according to our concern trolls?  Maybe this is just zombie Clinton at this point. Cry
It looked like you are right!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #157 on: September 11, 2016, 12:34:36 PM »

I hate this election.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2016, 12:45:49 PM »

CBS reports that Trump also left the service early (and did not have an excuse unlike Clinton)

Seriously?
United States

« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2016, 12:50:45 PM »

Holy sh**t, the polarization on this forum is getting bad. Why are so many red avatars mad that this thread even exists? Can't report anything that could be negative about her? There's an automatic dismissal and then a turn of subject to Trump. And (some) blue avatars shouldn't be acting like medical consultants either. Jeez.

I mean this is definitely thread-worthy, but my beef with a lot of folks in general regarding this is that they seem to forget or possibly don't even realize how hard a 18 month long presidential campaign is, and she's old, with known but managed medical issues. Serving as president will not be as physically taxing. People are acting like every little cough, tick or twitch is the biggest deal in the world and it's annoying as hell to read on a daily basis. She's old, and old people have problems like this. Get over it for christs sakes (not directed at you fyi)
I disagree with you about the strain of being President. Many a President has gone grey prematurely while serving in the White House. It's not an easy gig.

Hillary's health should be an issue in this campaign. It directly impacts whether she can properly do the job. (Blue avatars already know she can't on an ethical level.)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2016, 12:57:27 PM »

Ljube,
Read the post above.
Are you even human ?

Because one of your previous comments was (and I quote) "It seems you were right all along. She is ill, perhaps terminally."
This, and other comments you have made, do not sound like anyone who is "worried" about her health. So don't try backpedal and all-of-a-sudden have a "compassionate" view of this incident.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2016, 12:58:20 PM »

Why can't people accept the most likely reason (hypothyroidism)?

You are probably right. But the Hillary campaign should get that all out there. And why did her meds fail her?

Hello, hypothyroid woman here.

The meds actually are what make you more susceptible to heat, so this is probably on them. It's one of the most common side-effects. They make your internal organs much more happy, but the downside is less tolerance for heat. EDIT: http://www.rxlist.com/armour-thyroid-side-effects-drug-center.htm This actually lists the heat sensitivity as a "severe reaction" rather than common side effect, but uh, all the information I've gotten over the years lists heat sensitivity as a common side effect and the doctors and pharmacists just suggest avoiding long stints in the sun, because heat sensitivity is common with thyroid meds.

As a 30 year old woman who can't stand long periods out in the sun without some relief, I'm really impressed by her stamina. She definitely just needed some rest. As for being fit to be president, as long as she doesn't have to go lead from the front in some war, I think she'll be just as fine as anyone else her age.  So, yeah, she's fine.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2016, 12:58:58 PM »

I didn't read this entire thread, so if this has been posted already, sorry 'bout that.

Here is an article that pretty much gives the state of her health. Sounds real good to me.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/11/politics/hillary-clinton-health/index.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2016, 01:01:42 PM »

It is pretty disgusting the way the ghouls are gleefully hoping she's sick in this thread.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2016, 01:04:57 PM »

I would've loved a nominee under 60.

This is America. We have to nominate old f***s as our presidential nominees.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2016, 01:05:58 PM »

I mean this is definitely thread-worthy, but my beef with a lot of folks in general regarding this is that they seem to forget or possibly don't even realize how hard a 18 month long presidential campaign is, and she's old, with known but managed medical issues. Serving as president will not be as physically taxing. People are acting like every little cough, tick or twitch is the biggest deal in the world and it's annoying as hell to read on a daily basis. She's old, and old people have problems like this. Get over it for christs sakes (not directed at you fyi)

I disagree with you about the strain of being President. Many a President has gone grey prematurely while serving in the White House. It's not an easy gig.
Hillary's health should be an issue in this campaign. It directly impacts whether she can properly do the job. (Blue avatars already know she can't on an ethical level.)

I have news for you Seriously.
Twice now you question Hillary by using the words "morally bankrupt" and "on an ethical level."
There is no way possible that trump wins over Clinton based on morals or ethics.
trump is one of the worst human beings on Earth based on morals, since the 1930/40's when Hitler was spewing hatred and bigotry.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2016, 01:08:35 PM »

I didn't read this entire thread, so if this has been posted already, sorry 'bout that.

Here is an article that pretty much gives the state of her health. Sounds real good to me.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/11/politics/hillary-clinton-health/index.html

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She's healthy but tell that to the Trump trolls who are now likely beating off to the thought of the Donald being in the Oval Office.
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2016, 01:08:58 PM »

It's the fact that this is being turned into an indictment of qualifications. People are allowed to not feel well and still be qualified to run for office. It's actual qualifications and issues that matter.

If one is not physically healthy, she can't do the actual job of President, arguably the hardest and most stressful job in the world.  It's clear that Hillary is physically unfit and should drop out and let Kaine take over.
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2016, 01:09:47 PM »

Good to hear that it wasn't anything serious. 
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2016, 01:14:47 PM »

Are we sure about that? Let's wait for her next appearance to judge that.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2016, 01:22:50 PM »

It's the fact that this is being turned into an indictment of qualifications. People are allowed to not feel well and still be qualified to run for office. It's actual qualifications and issues that matter.

If one is not physically healthy, she can't do the actual job of President, arguably the hardest and most stressful job in the world.  It's clear that Hillary is physically unfit and should drop out and let Kaine take over.

You aren't her doctor and you don't have a medical degree, so you cannot determine that. My point is that people are constantly trying to indict Hillary Clinton for something and now that they don't have criminal charges, they are moving on to claims about her health.

If Kaine took over, Trump would still lose. Don't get it twisted.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2016, 01:25:03 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about her having another stroke Sad

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2016, 01:28:14 PM »

She never had a stroke. You are full of the devil and as Maude used to say, God is going to get you for that. Karma can be a real you know what, so it's wise not to make cracks about other people's health. I would not want to be you.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2016, 01:30:27 PM »

Can't say I've seen a lot of stroke victim walking around an hour and a half aftwerwards.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2016, 01:32:59 PM »

^ the proper response, regardless of political affiliation. Kudos to you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies