Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:43:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 30579 times)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: September 11, 2016, 02:26:11 PM »

At the risk of con tributimg to the train wreck that is this thread, I refuse to rely on press secretary reports for veracity regardless of Clinton or Trump.

10-1 this is being sugar coated . not to say she's at deaths door, but....
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #201 on: September 11, 2016, 02:27:02 PM »

Is anyone reporting this beyond obvious scumbags like Fox News and the NYPD?
Calls NYPD scumbags on 9/11, what a nice person!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2016, 02:28:40 PM »

For the record, I apologized for that on page 5 of this thread.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2016, 02:33:25 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2016, 02:38:40 PM by Seriously? »

I mean this is definitely thread-worthy, but my beef with a lot of folks in general regarding this is that they seem to forget or possibly don't even realize how hard a 18 month long presidential campaign is, and she's old, with known but managed medical issues. Serving as president will not be as physically taxing. People are acting like every little cough, tick or twitch is the biggest deal in the world and it's annoying as hell to read on a daily basis. She's old, and old people have problems like this. Get over it for christs sakes (not directed at you fyi)
I disagree with you about the strain of being President. Many a President has gone grey prematurely while serving in the White House. It's not an easy gig.

Hillary's health should be an issue in this campaign. It directly impacts whether she can properly do the job. (Blue avatars already know she can't on an ethical level.)

Seriously?, I pretty clearly stated "will not be as physically taxing" - Of course the president works a lot and has high levels of stress, but campaigning for this long is way worse. There is an enormous amount of traveling and the like. She isn't a spring chicken anymore, and she has thyroid issues that have a common side effect of easily causing overheating. So one shouldn't acknowledge these managed issues but then act surprised if she has issues during a year-and-a-half-long presidential campaign.

And again, this is what bothers me about this whole ordeal - Partisanship makes people, especially people on the opposing side, act as if it's a bigger deal than it really is because they are so eager for there to be a disqualifying problem that will improve their candidate of choice's odds.

You might say Clinton supporters are biased as well, and to varying degrees that is true, however I acknowledge she has some issues but to me they aren't disqualifying. I'm not sitting here acting like a doctor, concocting all sorts of theories about how she is deeply unwell or what have you. At any rate, it's irrelevant to me because there is not a chance in the world I would ever vote for Trump. If something happens to Clinton, Kaine takes over, and he's a good man in my eyes. Problem solved!
I am well aware and I disagreed with your premise. You can't really take a vacation day off as President. Even when you are vacationing. It's grueling and has made many a man (to this point) look a lot more haggard once they leave office.

I would want my President up to the job physically, Democrat or Republican. There's a reason they tried to hide the FDR polio stuff. A President needs to project virility and power. Fainting spells make them look weak. Ask two-term President George H.W. Bush what happened after his throw-up incident in Japan.

I am not saying that's the reason Bush I lost. (Read my lips no new taxes had a lot to do with that, amongst other things), but it was fodder for comedians for weeks and delegitimized him and the office.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2016, 02:35:36 PM »

No one will let you forget it. You're not politically correct. It's not politically correct to criticize the armed services. It was definitely wrong to blanket like that though
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2016, 02:37:33 PM »

I'm in my 30s with few health issues and since I was in my teens I've had this happen several times, having to leave somewhere due to heat illness--some people are just bad with hot weather, especially if enough fluids aren't taken in, it doesn't by any stretch mean they're in bad health.
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2016, 02:43:24 PM »

I'm in my 20s and fainted once due to heat. My mom also has hyperthyroidism and it can make you more susceptible to heat stroke. However, she's in great health and regularly babysits my 7 month old niece.

This doesn't look good (especially with all the health crap pumped out by Trump) but I sincerely doubt she's too unhealthy to serve. It's a typical media cluster.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2016, 02:46:38 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
cwt

« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2016, 02:49:40 PM »

It was about 75 degrees F in NYC this morning. Her staff made no attempt to cool her down, take her jacket off, offer her water, etc.

This is not a simple case of being "overheated."
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2016, 02:52:15 PM »

Clinton gets heat exhaustion in 90 degree weather in full dress cloths. Trump doesn't pay people, runs scams and rapes people, who is worse?

The question is not about who is worse, but who is fit to be president.
Hillary clearly isn't due to her health problems. She should drop out and the Dems should appoint a new nominee.

Clearly that shows who's fit to be President. Clinton on life support is more capable than Trump without likely having CAD and being constantly sweaty himself.
Fake conservatives support Hillary, just saying.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #210 on: September 11, 2016, 02:52:42 PM »

No need - Donald would be THE HEALTHIEST president ever!

Really, this would be a winning move for Hillary because I guarantee she takes far better care of herself than Trump. Unless there's really something seriously wrong with her health, in which case she'd still be a better choice than Trump, of course.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #211 on: September 11, 2016, 02:55:42 PM »

No need - Donald would be THE HEALTHIEST president ever!

Really, this would be a winning move for Hillary because I guarantee she takes far better care of herself than Trump. Unless there's really something seriously wrong with her health, in which case she'd still be a better choice than Trump, of course.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2016, 02:57:25 PM »

It was about 75 degrees F in NYC this morning. Her staff made no attempt to cool her down, take her jacket off, offer her water, etc.

If someone is overheated, they have to leave wherever they are and go get some rest. It's not as simple as drinking water. And secondly, we don't know if she was offered water or not, because we weren't there. Were you there?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #213 on: September 11, 2016, 02:58:04 PM »

Oh please, we elected a B-list actor with oncoming Alzheimer's, this don't mean jack-crap against that.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #214 on: September 11, 2016, 02:58:57 PM »

If someone is overheated, they have to leave wherever they are and go get some rest. It's not as simple as drinking water. And secondly, we don't know if she was offered water or not, because we weren't there. Were you there?
But we may assume, she is not dumb Huh
cwt

« Reply #215 on: September 11, 2016, 03:02:13 PM »

It's on video...

Yeah, maybe they offered her water later, but you'd think the Secret Service would no how to deal with heat exhaustion.

They did none of the things on the left, except for moving her to the car.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #216 on: September 11, 2016, 03:05:32 PM »

fair enough
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #217 on: September 11, 2016, 03:06:39 PM »

In case you were in any doubt about Seriously's (and Ljube's) actual motives in this thread:

It's a whisper campaign about her health. Kind of nasty, but I am not complaining. Make people think that she's unfit to be President.

What a pair of embarrassing deplorables.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2016, 03:09:25 PM »

Dear god this thread: LMAO

You do all realize it's not going to matter at all??? I'm worried about a lot of things, but definitely not this one!

I can feel your cold sweat from a mile away.
Well, just to tell you that your sense of smell is dysfunctional Sad

Dear god this thread: LMAO

You do all realize it's not going to matter at all??? I'm worried about a lot of things, but definitely not this one!

get off the forum, you sack of union bile
You seem to have bigger health problems than Hillary, seek help Sad

This forum is full of labor union whitey.

Oh, trade unions. I thought you were launching into a "South Must Rise Again" spiel.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #219 on: September 11, 2016, 03:15:26 PM »

Agreed. "Overheated" is bulls#@t. If she's overheating, someone, somewhere would have gotten her a glass of water or something.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2016, 03:17:44 PM »

So after playing at armchair medics we are playing armchair secret service too.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #221 on: September 11, 2016, 03:19:47 PM »

It really is wise not to speculate. I'll delete that post, because it's beyond idiotic to try to speculate what the Secret Service did.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #222 on: September 11, 2016, 03:27:16 PM »

Outside of Atlas, I am not seeing any hysteria anywhere (not surprising), so I'm expecting this to fizzle out with the general public.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #223 on: September 11, 2016, 03:32:27 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2016, 03:36:17 PM by Seriously? »

Outside of Atlas, I am not seeing any hysteria anywhere (not surprising), so I'm expecting this to fizzle out with the general public.
Top story on Fox
Top story on CNN
No. 2 story on MSNBC
Top story on CBS News
Top story on ABC News
Top story in the Washington Post
Top story on NYT's election page
Top story in the Boston Globe
No. 2 story on the LA Times website
Top story on the NY Post
Top story on NY Daily News

The Washington Post, which ran a piece about Hillary's health NOT being an issue, pens one stating it IS an issue.

But, yeah, outside of Atlas, no one knows anything about it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #224 on: September 11, 2016, 03:33:45 PM »

Top story on Fox
Top story on CNN
No. 2 story on MSNBC
Top story on CBS News
Top story on ABC News
Top story in the Washington Post
Top story on NYT's election page
Top story in the Boston Globe
Top story on the NY Post
Top story on NY Daily News

But, yeah, outside of Atlas, no one knows anything about it.

Not what I said at all. Great comprehension skills there.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies