Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:28:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 30574 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: September 11, 2016, 09:04:08 PM »

I'll admit the optics aren't good, but it's not like she waited a month to tell everyone after the fact that she had pneumonia. There's really no big conspiracy when it comes to the Clintons. I think they, especially Hillary herself, are pretty introverted and private people that have trouble with being totally transparent about all aspects of their lives (yes, Bill is extroverted, but I think he still values privacy). I think Hillary is a very proud person and tries her best not to display any weakness. Trust me, everyone knows someone like that.

Pneumonia is highly contagious, yet she chose to go out and take part in a highly public festival on the 15th anniversary of 9/11, in NYC of all places.  That was deeply irresponsible.  Then, being the deceptive person she is, her campaign said that she was "overheated," which makes no sense since NYC today was a lovely 80 degrees.  I was out all day, and nobody fainted from "overheating." After retreating at her daughter's $10M penthouse apartment (bought for by clinton foundation donor money, most likely), she released a note from her doctor which stated that she was diagnosed with Pneumonia back on Friday. 

Don't be a creep, there are too many here as it is.

Pneumonia itself not contagious.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #426 on: September 11, 2016, 09:09:40 PM »

Now that it comes out that Clinton had pneumonia, the Republicans look really stupid

I wouldn't say all "Republicans," but more like the trump supporters who are categorized as "deplorables."
And yes .... this would definitely include Seriously and Ljube.

We look stupid how exactly? The woman has health issues. The campaign denied it. Despite those denials, she was caught on camera very infirm getting into a van.
I am not sure how the Clinton campaign's actions make Ljube and I "deplorables."
You red avatars fall for this silly Clinton shell game all the time.

You making fun of someone, ANYONE, by calling them childish names like "Illary" is what makes you a "deplorable."
Why in your little brain would you think that it is acceptable to make jokes of someone, ANYONE, when they are ill ?
Actually it makes you, personally, look like an assh**e !
There it is ! Are you happy now ?
Try and defend yourself on making fun or jokes about someone when they are ill. I cant wait to hear your response and defense for this.
(Mods don't delete this. You know Seriously deserves a lashing for his disgusting attitude on this topic.)

Ya. I see. Don't worry. I won't report you to the moderator police like you leftists do when you see something you don't like. I don't play that game.
Perhaps if your candidate were candid with the American people and not trying to actively cover up these instances when she is not 100% healthy, you'd get more empathy from me. But that's not going to happen here.
Like everything else the Clintons do, they try to hide from the truth and attack and disparage those that seek to find it.
I do find it ironic that your candidate -- as pneumatic as she was -- was healthy enough to malign good, hard-working conservative Americans on Friday night though.

I see you avoided the question ; no defense.
Which means you agree with my "harsh assessment" of how you portrayed yourself to look like.
How dare you make jokes ("Illary") about ANYONE who is sick.
I asked Ljube this same question : How would you feel if someone were to say that about one of your family members, like your mom or dad, brother or sister ?

I didn't answer to that question cause I thought that the question is inappropriate. It is a question someone belonging to the basket of deplorables would ask.

By the way, while I thought nothing was wrong with Hillary's health, I posted stuff like "terminally ill" and "six months to live". These are all ironic phrases. Irony is part of my style.

Now, that it is reported she has pneumonia, her incessant coughing and her fainting seizure can be explained by that. However, pneumonia is a serious illness that requires antibiotic treatment and bed rest for at least two weeks, possibly more due to her age.

Therefore, my assessment still stands: She should drop out of this race and the Democratic Party should appoint a new candidate.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #427 on: September 11, 2016, 09:10:24 PM »

What melodramatic nonsense.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #428 on: September 11, 2016, 09:11:50 PM »

Therefore, my assessment still stands: She should drop out of this race and the Democratic Party should appoint a new candidate.

Stop fidgeting so much about it. Or she might still catch a cold at your funeral.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #429 on: September 11, 2016, 09:12:14 PM »

CNN just said Trump's campaign is going to respect Clinton's health.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #430 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:17 PM »

I'm exhausted about all of this. I need a break, which I will promptly take. I'll be back tomorrow or maybe the next day when things normalize a little bit.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #431 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:44 PM »

What Hillary really needs to do is not work so hard. And yes I will say it...at her age she needs to pace herself.

But to think she needs to get out of the race is absurd. It's not even worth discussing at this point.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #432 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:57 PM »

Kind of amazing when you're amazed when the Trump campaign does something that a normal campaign would do, lol.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #433 on: September 11, 2016, 09:14:46 PM »

If that's true then good on him....for once.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #434 on: September 11, 2016, 09:15:29 PM »

I won't hold my breath - it wouldn't be the "Trump campaign" did something and then Trump himself contradicted.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #435 on: September 11, 2016, 09:16:16 PM »

What Hillary really needs to do is not work so hard. And yes I will say it...at her age she needs to pace herself.

But to think she needs to get out of the race is absurd. It's not even worth discussing at this point.

Why not? She needs at least 2 weeks of bed rest to get better.

Trump will be running virtually unopposed during these 2 weeks.

And who knows, maybe she'll need more time to recover.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #436 on: September 11, 2016, 09:16:19 PM »

The news about Hillary worries me, and makes me slightly more optimistic at the same time.

From a political standpoint, Hillary's health doesn't concern me much. If she's of sound mind, that's the main thing that matters. There is a question about whether Hillary should have run for President given her obvious weaknesses, and if she was sicker than she let on, that doesn't exactly help, but it's hardly disqualifying when her opponent is Trump. As a human being, I hope she's well, because it's just a better outcome for her and her family.

The part that worries me is that this might be an indication of Trump's political skill. One possibility is that he intentionally made some vague comments that could be reinforced by a multitude of situations, and forces the other campaign to take extreme measures to avoid a particular narrative. This would be shady but smart. However, for all I know, he recognized something in Hillary to point to this as a weakness to exploit. This would be the salesman more than the political savant, as a used car salesman can recognize a mark.

Even Donald Trump he has some insights into particular facets of human nature that allowed him to win the Republican nomination and zero in on a major weakness for a rival candidate, it doesn't erase his previous flaws or mean that he has no catastrophic blind spots. But it does raise the specter that the man knows what he's doing, which is a contrast to the last few months.

Note: I'm still likely voting for the guy in his early 60s who likes running marathons.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #437 on: September 11, 2016, 09:18:48 PM »

Stop fidgeting so much about it. Or she might still catch a cold at your funeral.

I am of perfect health. Never had pneumonia or a seizure in my life. Love hot temperatures.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #438 on: September 11, 2016, 09:19:33 PM »

Why not? She needs at least 2 weeks of bed rest to get better.

Trump will be running virtually unopposed during these 2 weeks.

And who knows, maybe she'll need more time to recover.

There's your answer right there. All the more time to get himself into more trouble. Ha ha ha.

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #439 on: September 11, 2016, 09:20:04 PM »

Clinton campaign just announced Clinton is cancelling her California trip. Just heard it on CNN.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #440 on: September 11, 2016, 09:20:27 PM »

I am of perfect health. Never had pneumonia or a seizure in my life. Love hot temperatures.

Did I say you are about to die?
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #441 on: September 11, 2016, 09:20:48 PM »

Pneumonia is highly contagious, yet she chose to go out and take part in a highly public festival on the 15th anniversary of 9/11, in NYC of all places.  That was deeply irresponsible.  Then, being the deceptive person she is, her campaign said that she was "overheated," which makes no sense since NYC today was a lovely 80 degrees.  I was out all day, and nobody fainted from "overheating." After retreating at her daughter's $10M penthouse apartment (bought for by clinton foundation donor money, most likely), she released a note from her doctor which stated that she was diagnosed with Pneumonia back on Friday.

And pretty humid as I understand, which doesn't make it easy for even perfectly healthy people to breathe.

Pneumonia isn't highly contagious, especially since she apparently has the milder version termed "walking pneumonia". This is only an issue because she happened to get sick a few days after Labor Day in presidential election year. She's being treated with some of the best doctors in the world. Granted, I don't know how one takes it easy when running for the Presidency, but she's going to be fine. Anyone can get pneumonia, but at least she has access to the best doctors in the world. As President, her health will be monitored even moreso with the best doctors in place to maintain her health. Please don't put any stock into the National Enquirer and the like.

And what the hell does the monetary value of her daughter's apartment have anything to do with anything at all?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #442 on: September 11, 2016, 09:27:22 PM »

If she did that then that would have added more fuel to the health scandal conspiracy.

"Oh see! She's dying; that's why she had to stay home even though the 9/11 memorial was taking place. Or maybe she doesn't really care about the victims!"

There's no way out.

More fuel than being caught on video collapsing while stumbling into a van?  I don't think so.  If she stays home and tells the truth up front, there's no viral video showing a physically weak woman stumbling out of the 9/11 memorial service.  There's just someone who stayed away from the ceremony because she had pneumonia or is feeling under the weather or whatever the Clinton campaign tells the press.  This being on video adds even more fuel to the health rumors because there is now video evidence.

It usually helps to get ahead of bad news, not behind it, like the Clintons seem to always do.  Claiming all is well and Hillary is completely healthy when she is not doesn't help things for her at all.

It doesn't matter.  When facts don't fit the narrative, they make something up or invent a new narrative.  Or they can take photos and videos that are harmless and use them out of context.  She cannot win.

No one's been subject to more scrutiny than the Clintons have.  If you were under public surveillance 24/7, you would probably feel burdened to calculate the way you live your life, too.  So of course Hillary wouldn't want to open herself to things that have the potential to bring unnecessary controversy.  Unfortunately, it happened anyway.

As Arch said, there's no way out.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #443 on: September 11, 2016, 09:29:13 PM »

It's not one group of you, you are all jackasses.

To the red avatars, quit running as chickens with your head cut off to defend your princess at the slightest case of bad optics for her. Truth is they were scrambling to cover this up and got busted, suck it up. A lot of you are just complete hacks.

To the blue avatars, sneezing is not RIP Hillary campaign. Don't be so hungry for a story. Report it as is and find something to do.

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #444 on: September 11, 2016, 09:30:23 PM »

Trump's Twitter page has been unusually silent today...
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #445 on: September 11, 2016, 09:32:15 PM »

Love hot and humid weather. Just spent three weeks in Manila. Had the time of my life...
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #446 on: September 11, 2016, 09:32:22 PM »

He temporarily lost his punching bag?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #447 on: September 11, 2016, 09:34:33 PM »

Again, I almost want Trump to become President and destroy the economy so bad that the blue avatars wish that Hillary was President.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #448 on: September 11, 2016, 09:34:43 PM »

He temporarily lost his punching bag?

I think he should respect her condition and just go on and promote himself. His policy proposals. Perhaps add more detail. He would be dominating the media.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #449 on: September 11, 2016, 09:35:05 PM »

Love hot and humid weather. Just spent three weeks in Manila. Had the time of my life...

Sure, sure, sure. Please continue.  "Love hot and humid weather, spent three weeks in Manila, killed a few drug-addicts. Love hot and humid weather never felt better, will be going to Kinshasa, will cook a few locals. Love hot and humid weather, visited hell recently, Satan is doing fine, has been sending regards."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies