Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:56:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 30650 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: September 12, 2016, 12:58:50 PM »

How exactly was the pneumonia covered up when she wasn't diagnosed until yesterday? Unless you think her doctor is just lying.

As stated above, she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, not Sunday.

She and her campaign chose to cover it up.  It became impossible to hide any further when she had to leave the 9/11 services early on Sunday, and after a video showed she wasn't stable enough to get into a vehicle on her own without falling down.

They were forced to reveal the fact she has pneumonia, they didn't choose to  do it on their own accord.  

From what I read, Hillary chose not to disclose her illness because she thought it would be resolved without her having to take a break. Isn't it better to go that route than to get everyone all excited about a possible nothing?

I think you are misinterpreting the situation.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #601 on: September 12, 2016, 12:59:47 PM »

Do you expect a campaign/administration to go out in public every time the candidate has a fit of indigestion?

It's so unfortunate to see so many people saying things they don't actually believe.

I don't actually believe you think pneumonia is on par with indigestion.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #602 on: September 12, 2016, 01:00:19 PM »

We have the right to know what is going on with her health.
And that's where you're wrong.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #603 on: September 12, 2016, 01:00:48 PM »

How exactly was the pneumonia covered up when she wasn't diagnosed until yesterday? Unless you think her doctor is just lying.

As stated above, she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, not Sunday.

She and her campaign chose to cover it up.  It became impossible to hide any further when she had to leave the 9/11 services early on Sunday, and after a video showed she wasn't stable enough to get into a vehicle on her own without falling down.

They were forced to reveal the fact she has pneumonia, they didn't choose to  do it on their own accord.  

From what I read, Hillary chose not to disclose her illness because she thought it would be resolved without her having to take a break. Isn't it better to go that route than to get everyone all excited about a possible nothing?

I think you are misinterpretingrepresenting the situation.

I think that one is more appropriate.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #604 on: September 12, 2016, 01:02:01 PM »

Non-terminal ailments don't really need to be disclosed. Should a candidate be required to disclose if they have a cold? Not at all. With that said, the Republican Governor of Maryland failed to disclose that he had cancer until after he was elected, yet Republicans praise him. I think that is worth noting.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #605 on: September 12, 2016, 01:02:40 PM »

Perfectly good and successful presidents, including several rightly or wrongly lionized by conservatives, have been deeply depressive (Lincoln), cancer-riddled (Cleveland), and wheelchair-bound (the obvious), all of which are significantly worse conditions than catching pneumonia. For God's sake.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #606 on: September 12, 2016, 01:03:27 PM »

Non-terminal ailments don't really need to be disclosed.

I see, pneumonia isn't terminal until you die.  Makes sense.

Neither is pancreatic cancer by that standard.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #607 on: September 12, 2016, 01:03:36 PM »

Has she come into close physical proximity with any Russian nationals recently?
Maybe she picked it up when she was wiping her server with a cloth?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #608 on: September 12, 2016, 01:04:31 PM »

Do you expect a campaign/administration to go out in public every time the candidate has a fit of indigestion?

It's so unfortunate to see so many people saying things they don't actually believe.

I don't actually believe you think pneumonia is on par with indigestion.

Ok, gastritis. Are you satisfied?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #609 on: September 12, 2016, 01:04:53 PM »

We have the right to know what is going on with her health.
And that's where you're wrong.

HIPAA - "Requires the protection and confidential handling of protected health information."
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #610 on: September 12, 2016, 01:05:55 PM »

I see, pneumonia isn't terminal until you die.  Makes sense.

A lot of people die of diarrhea. I am sure going to post about my diarrhea every time it happens (several times a month). With pictures. Will put that into my signature.

Just wait till internet allows us posting smells.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #611 on: September 12, 2016, 01:06:53 PM »

Perfectly good and successful presidents, including several rightly or wrongly lionized by conservatives, have been deeply depressive (Lincoln), cancer-riddled (Cleveland), and wheelchair-bound (the obvious), all of which are significantly worse conditions than catching pneumonia. For God's sake.
These people don't actually believe Hillary is "terminally ill", it's all concern trolling.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #612 on: September 12, 2016, 01:08:21 PM »

So if we don't have a right to know, should the guy taking the video be charged with something?  Invading privacy or some such?  Why not?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #613 on: September 12, 2016, 01:09:37 PM »

I see, pneumonia isn't terminal until you die.  Makes sense.

Pneumonia can be treated and cleared up with medicine when it is diagnosed promptly. Cancer requires more treatment and can often metastasize.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #614 on: September 12, 2016, 01:10:32 PM »

These people don't actually believe Hillary is "terminally ill", it's all concern trolling.

Actually, as several of us have stated over and over, it's not even that.

The concern is her instinct to mislead.  It's a sincere concern on our part.  I know you all think the "well she has to lie, because Republicans" is legitimate, but I'm not sure that will pass with any significant number of voters.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #615 on: September 12, 2016, 01:12:11 PM »

Pneumonia can be treated and cleared up with medicine when it is diagnosed promptly.

This is also true of some cancers.  So you think a Presidential candidate would be under no obligation to inform the public about prostate cancer?  Skin cancer?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #616 on: September 12, 2016, 01:13:35 PM »

So if we don't have a right to know, should the guy taking the video be charged with something?  Invading privacy or some such?  Why not?

You do not have a right to be posting on this forum. But you are not prohibited from doing so. Still, I think you should be charged.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #617 on: September 12, 2016, 01:14:17 PM »

This has just reduced to constant paper ball throwing from both sides of the argument, so here are my final two cents on the subject, barring any new developments.

On the subject of how she chose not to reveal her condition to the public, it's a damned if she did; damned if she didn't situation. We have already seen how it has been spun by her opponents. If she would have revealed it, it would have been followed up by the previous brain problem conspiracies and that would have been the chatter of the day, around the lines of "See. There's something else going on." Heck, Trump still intimated to this degree today.

On the subject of how catching pneumonia is viewed, detractors will find fault and somehow attribute this to a permanent health deficiency when it's obviously not. Supporters will point out that it's temporary and that there have been extremely effective presidents even with permanent conditions, such as FDR and polio. Those that are neutral will make note of this as well.

On the subject of how this affects voters' current decisions/polls, supporters won't leave, detractors will not join because of this. Those who were on the fence might see it positively because she continued campaigning for days even with pneumonia. Others who were on the fence will buy into the supposéd permanent problems idea and break away. Overall, it'll likely be a wash depending on how things develop. Her long term health, and therefore her physical fitness for office, is in no way compromised just because of pneumonia.

On the subject of how this will affect the final outcome of the election, all of the debates are still ahead of us, and those will have a more significant impact and will override this conversation by the time they are aired. Historically, candidates leading on and around Labor Day after their conventions have gone on to win the election. So there's that.

I will take my departure from this thread leaving these thoughts. This conversation has just turned into an melodramatic hyper-partisan sh**t show by this point. There is nothing else to add.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #618 on: September 12, 2016, 01:14:30 PM »

Pneumonia can be treated and cleared up with medicine when it is diagnosed promptly.

This is also true of some cancers.  So you think a Presidential candidate would be under no obligation to inform the public about prostate cancer?  Skin cancer?

More people die of diarrhea than of most other diseases. I insist every time somebody has diarrhea, the picture should be posted on this forum.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #619 on: September 12, 2016, 01:14:37 PM »

Cancer can often be unpredictable, even when treated. Pneumonia requires less intensive treatment than cancer.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #620 on: September 12, 2016, 01:15:00 PM »

Actually, as several of us have stated over and over, it's not even that.

The concern is her instinct to mislead.  It's a sincere concern on our part.  I know you all think the "well she has to lie, because Republicans" is legitimate, but I'm not sure that will pass with any significant number of voters.
What "misleading" is going on, exactly? Her medics and she have been pretty transparent about her pneumonia after she left the 9/11 memorial ceremony. She hasn't been "lying".

I do think most voters don't give a toss about Trump's (and his internet trolls') scaremongering with regard to Hillary Clinton's health. It's just not going to happen. Stop trying to make it happen.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #621 on: September 12, 2016, 01:15:42 PM »

More people die of diarrhea than of most other diseases. I insist every time somebody has diarrhea, the picture should be posted on this forum.
rofl.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #622 on: September 12, 2016, 01:18:05 PM »

Pretty sure most voters would also prefer Tim Kaine, a popular, reasonably competent senator, over a literal incompetent manchild like Trump.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #623 on: September 12, 2016, 01:18:34 PM »

Actually, in the interest of full disclosure. I am morbidly obese, have diarrhea about 10 times a month, and suffer from acute hemorrhoids and uncontrolable flatulence. I expect the same level of transparency from the rest of you. Please make sure to illustrate.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #624 on: September 12, 2016, 01:22:32 PM »

For full disclosure, I am disclosing that I have epilepsy and take two medications for it. I ran for office before I was even diagnosed and even had a seizure on the day of a candidate's forum, which I still attended.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies