Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:04:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 31098 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: September 11, 2016, 05:59:52 PM »

Look at Trump, like the guy doesn't have elevated BP and high cholesterol at least.

But the issue is, she's ill, she's human. It's not life threatening, wouldn't undermine her capacity to do the job.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »
« Edited: September 11, 2016, 06:22:36 PM by Fmr President & Senator Polnut »

Is there another source to back this up?

No, but it is a verified journalist, so in all likelyhood this is true. (Otherwise he would be fired for making something up like this).

I WILL update this thread if this is proven or disproven.

Not if it gets attention. I'm treating this with the proverbial until I get confirmation or a second source. 

Certainly seems like an overreach from a journalist who wants the story first, rather than it being correct.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 06:24:27 PM »

So this thread is seriously 15 pages now.

This is Atlas, between panicking Democrats and thirsty Trumpites ... I'm surprised it hasn't hit 20.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 06:26:11 PM »

Could the title of this be changed to "Democrats to Allegedly Consider Replacing Clinton as Nominee"?

This is the most honest thing to do at the moment given a lot of people are just trying to take advantage of the noise.

Come on, they're so excited and happy! An older lady is sick, what isn't there to be thrilled about!
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 06:40:18 PM »

The debates are on the same day as the first 1960 Presidential Debate. Richard Nixon got a knee infection in late August and spent two weeks off the campaign. Hillary gets a lung infection a two weeks from the debate (who knows if she stays off the trail). I doubt this will help her and it won't play the sympathy card. She lied to everybody about her health saying she had nothing wrong when she had pneumonia.

When did she lie? She was diagnosed on Friday... As someone who has had walking pneumonia, it's not that clear cut.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 06:49:38 PM »

Lol, it'd stupid, if they wasn't considering it...

Because someone is sick? Jesus. If they panic over this, then they deserve to lose and the horror of a Trump presidency.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 06:52:45 PM »

There are some truly disgusting people here.

The 'basket' speech was clear about motivating the base not as a distraction. Walking pneumonia is not good, but easily managed with antibiotics and a little rest. It doesn't require a press release.

But since this is Christmas for the worst Trumpites.

You know what I'd really like to know...

Did Hillary or her doctor inform the Secret Service of the diagnosis as soon as they knew it Friday?

It's practice that the Secret Service knows.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 06:56:59 PM »

The moment I saw this news, I knew this place would be a trainwreck.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 07:07:28 PM »

This sounds more and more like shenanigans ...
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 08:54:17 PM »

So, either Hillary stays home and recovers from her illness and gets slandered for disregarding the 9/11 victims, or she puts up and goes to the memorial and is criticized for... being sick.

God.  This is why I don't watch the news.

Or she could have done what most other candidates do when they're feeling very ill - listen to doctor's advice, stay home and tell the press up front that she is under the weather.  Not after she stumbles at a high profile event - but on Friday, when the diagnosis came.  Cruz stayed off the campaign trail for a day or two during the primaries because he was ill, and nothing came of it because his campaign was honest about it.

The problem for the Clintons is that they seem to always have to hide the truth from people, making the public perceive them as liars when the truth comes out.  This is just another example of it.  It makes people think Hillary Clinton is hiding more about her health than she is letting on.

Isn't that the double-edged sword?

With all of the malarkey about her health from Trump etc, how could she legitimately take time off because she was under the weather without it being TRUMPeted as saying "see!!! she really is sick!". I don't think she expected to have this episode today... but the scuttlebutt makes it next to impossible for her to have ANY kind of illness.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 09:04:08 PM »

I'll admit the optics aren't good, but it's not like she waited a month to tell everyone after the fact that she had pneumonia. There's really no big conspiracy when it comes to the Clintons. I think they, especially Hillary herself, are pretty introverted and private people that have trouble with being totally transparent about all aspects of their lives (yes, Bill is extroverted, but I think he still values privacy). I think Hillary is a very proud person and tries her best not to display any weakness. Trust me, everyone knows someone like that.

Pneumonia is highly contagious, yet she chose to go out and take part in a highly public festival on the 15th anniversary of 9/11, in NYC of all places.  That was deeply irresponsible.  Then, being the deceptive person she is, her campaign said that she was "overheated," which makes no sense since NYC today was a lovely 80 degrees.  I was out all day, and nobody fainted from "overheating." After retreating at her daughter's $10M penthouse apartment (bought for by clinton foundation donor money, most likely), she released a note from her doctor which stated that she was diagnosed with Pneumonia back on Friday. 

Don't be a creep, there are too many here as it is.

Pneumonia itself not contagious.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 09:10:24 PM »

What melodramatic nonsense.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:57 PM »

CNN just said Trump's campaign is going to respect Clinton's health.

Kind of amazing when you're amazed when the Trump campaign does something that a normal campaign would do, lol.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2016, 10:02:16 PM »

It's not one group of you, you are all jackasses.

To the red avatars, quit running as chickens with your head cut off to defend your princess at the slightest case of bad optics for her. Truth is they were scrambling to cover this up and got busted, suck it up. A lot of you are just complete hacks.

To the blue avatars, sneezing is not RIP Hillary campaign. Don't be so hungry for a story. Report it as is and find something to do.

This red avatar is not panicking, but given the disgusting conspiracy mongering of the Trump surrogates, I'm not the least bit surprised they tried to keep this quiet. Not wise, but understandable.

Off you pop onto your high-horse and off into the sunset you go.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 11:41:56 PM »

This is Atlas.

But again, as someone who has had both hospital and walking pneumonia, one is very different from the other and both easily managed and treated.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 12:32:09 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 12:34:44 AM by Fmr President & Senator Polnut »

She doesn't have the strength or stamina to be president of the United States.  I cannot help but chuckle at the Hillary goons in this thread denying what's there for the whole world to see.  I don't know if this moves the polls ,although a combination of knocking her out in one of the debates and not saying anything stupid for the next few weeks might just elect Donald J Trump. 

One thing on the Tim Kaine predictions; I don't believe it would be an automatic landslide against Trump who already has name recognition and has been a part of the campaign for over a full year. Kaine doesn't have that enough to turn out the voting blocks needed.

Now I know why I have you on ignore.

It's pretty clear she's got the stamina and likely wore herself into the ground because of the lies of 'goons'.

polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 08:00:56 PM »

Wow, the sexist double standards are ridiculous.  Donald Trump is obese, old, and orange.  Yet over 60% of respondents think he's in perfectly good health?  The man is the human personification of coronary disease.

It's because they look like him... so obviously.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies