Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:38:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton leaves 9/11 memorial early due to 'overheating' - Update: diagnosed with pneumonia  (Read 31256 times)
SirMuxALot

« on: September 11, 2016, 04:41:54 PM »

So where do we go to get our apologies for being called conspiracy theorists?

Sincerely hoping for a speedy recovery.  I don't want to see a election in my country go uncompeted in the last two months.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 04:49:33 PM »

First debate was supposed to be what, Sept 26?
SirMuxALot

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 04:59:10 PM »

you guys brought out your armchair doctors to say she had mental illness, brain diseases, cancer, altzeheimers, ect. The fact that she finally had something doesn't mean you guys were right.

Oh, stop that.  No one of any significance said anything about mental illness, brain diseases, cancer, alzheimers.  I never heard any of that.

We had supposedly down-the-middle reporters at WaPo NYT, etc shaming Rs for even so much as asking if this might deserve at least as much coverage as McCain's health in '08.  And that deserves at least a mild apology.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 05:13:55 PM »

Obviously not entirely Trump's fault.

The part of blame not assignable to Trump is clearly Bush's fault.  CDC budget cuts, something something, antibiotic over use by for-profit hospitals, mumble mumble.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 05:25:07 PM »

If Donald Trump wrote our health care policy, millions of people would die from pneumonia every year.

Yes.  My estimates say it would at least 500 million Americans every year.  150% of the population of the country.  Sad!  Make America Empty Again!
SirMuxALot

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 06:34:09 PM »

C'mon, it's just a contingency meeting.  They'd be utterly remiss if they didn't at least do some contingency planning at this point.  No need to freak out over it.

That said, just go all in on Virginia and make it Jim Webb / Tim Kaine ticket.  That would win about 48 states.  That would actually get me to vote D for the first time in my life.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 06:44:08 PM »

But this is the bigger problem here.  It will be clear to everyone that she intended to hide the fact she had pneumonia.  That is going to be difficult to justify.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 06:50:40 PM »

You know what I'd really like to know...

Did Hillary or her doctor inform the Secret Service of the diagnosis as soon as they knew it Friday?
SirMuxALot

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2016, 06:54:07 PM »

You wouldn't be diagnosing us without physically examining us, would you now?
SirMuxALot

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 11:25:30 PM »

Congressional investigation forthcoming into who issued the "stand down up" order to the Secret Service.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2016, 11:31:28 PM »

Trump supporters would just blame Obama somehow.

I applaud you for some World Class Projection there.

Is there any reason why Trump couldn't just blame Bush?  Would it be wrong to do so?
SirMuxALot

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2016, 11:44:56 PM »

This bb software needs an auto-merge function.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 12:54:55 PM »

You're using an absurd definition of "covered up."

It might have been absurd if this was the first time she's ever withheld info / lied by omission / etc.  Is it really that hard to see how there is indeed a pattern of conduct here?
SirMuxALot

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 12:59:47 PM »

Do you expect a campaign/administration to go out in public every time the candidate has a fit of indigestion?

It's so unfortunate to see so many people saying things they don't actually believe.

I don't actually believe you think pneumonia is on par with indigestion.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 01:03:27 PM »

Non-terminal ailments don't really need to be disclosed.

I see, pneumonia isn't terminal until you die.  Makes sense.

Neither is pancreatic cancer by that standard.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 01:08:21 PM »

So if we don't have a right to know, should the guy taking the video be charged with something?  Invading privacy or some such?  Why not?
SirMuxALot

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 01:10:32 PM »

These people don't actually believe Hillary is "terminally ill", it's all concern trolling.

Actually, as several of us have stated over and over, it's not even that.

The concern is her instinct to mislead.  It's a sincere concern on our part.  I know you all think the "well she has to lie, because Republicans" is legitimate, but I'm not sure that will pass with any significant number of voters.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 01:12:11 PM »

Pneumonia can be treated and cleared up with medicine when it is diagnosed promptly.

This is also true of some cancers.  So you think a Presidential candidate would be under no obligation to inform the public about prostate cancer?  Skin cancer?
SirMuxALot

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 01:43:30 PM »

Should catching the flu be required to be disclosed to the world everytime ?

Yes, why not?  For gosh sakes, what in the world would be so bad about the campaign issuing a press release.  Very simply stating, "such and such candidate has the flu and will be easing their campaign schedule for the next few days...we look forward to resuming later in the week...blah blah".  It's not a big deal.

Honestly, what in the world is so awful about truthfulness here?  I just can't understand this mentality of excusing so much secrecy around one of the three most public figures in the world at this point in time.
SirMuxALot

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 03:09:03 PM »

doesn't mean there should be a legal requirement to do so.

Strawman.  No one ever said there should be legislation or executive orders to such effect.

2. More important, she has been truthful about the pneumonia, so what exactly are you complaining about?

In my opinion, if there was no video of the van incident, there would have been no "truthful" admission yesterday.  I know you disagree with that.  That's fine.  But there are a lot of other failures to be truthful in the past that strongly backs up my opinion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies