Will Hillary's fainting spell affect her in the polls?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:54:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Will Hillary's fainting spell affect her in the polls?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: -skip-
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 122

Author Topic: Will Hillary's fainting spell affect her in the polls?  (Read 4964 times)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2016, 02:02:53 PM »

I honestly feel sorry for Likely Voter and Mr. Morden for moderating this board.
I didn't notice know that this board was moderated Cheesy
Fusionmunster

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2016, 02:04:42 PM »

I honestly feel sorry for Likely Voter and Mr. Morden for moderating this board.

They would do well to crack down abit.

P.S I know im a sucky poster who doesnt contribute much.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2016, 02:06:13 PM »

This place is almost as bad as /r/TheDonald at this rate.
BundouYMB

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2016, 02:09:54 PM »

They would do well to crack down abit.

P.S I know im a sucky poster who doesnt contribute much.
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2016, 02:12:42 PM »

I am literally afraid for the future of this country right now; what are all of us whom are extremely unsure about HRC but downright vomit at the thought of the Donald being President suppose to do?

You could vote for Stein or Johnson, even though they won't win. Honestly, this election is a shame in a lot of ways. We might just have to to take the loss on this one and keep working for change in the future on the local level and in 2020.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2016, 02:19:45 PM »

I don't pretend to know what the cause was and it could've very well been due to the heat, but she basically collapsed in the video.  Some of the blue-avatars on the forum – they know who they are – are being real p****s about it (and the folks gleefully hoping she had a struck are disgusting), but it does raise concerns about her health (which can hopefully be easily addressed by the campaign, maybe even today).  Half the reason this has gotten so out of hand is that the Clinton campaign did such a piss-poor job with their damage control.  Of course, the fact that Trump is being given a pass on releasing his medical records is pretty annoying, but there you go.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2016, 02:20:32 PM »

Will Hillary's fainting spell affect her in the polls? YES

Will this cause Hillary to lose in November? NO
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2016, 02:36:27 PM »

This is the kind of news that could turn it into a tie very quickly.  Of course, if it turns out she is so sick that they sub in Biden or Kaine, this thing goes right back to early August numbers and becomes Likely D overnight.

Why not the guy who got the 2nd most votes in the primary cycle? Eh, I guess we can cross the bridge when and if we have to.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2016, 02:39:23 PM »

At this point I really hope Trump becomes President and really makes a mess of things. That would really teach people to not be so petty in politics and actually focus on the real issues. This country needs a real catastrophic and economic collapse to knock some sense into it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2016, 02:39:51 PM »

It makes a fluid race even more fluid. That is all I think I know. The Fix notes that the handling of the incident exacerbated matters.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2016, 02:40:31 PM »

At this point I really hope Trump becomes President and really makes a mess of things. That would really teach people to not be so petty in politics and actually focus on the real issues. This country needs a real catastrophic and economic collapse to knock some sense into it.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2016, 02:41:14 PM »

Have any of you seen the video? It's going viral, and I have to say it wasn't just a little light-headedness. She basically just collapsed, heck it looked like she was having a stroke. If that video makes it onto the mainstream news networks you'd have to be delusional to think it won't effect people's perceptions about her being President.

That's bs and you know it. How can you tell a stroke from fainting/falling? And if we're talking about the video where she was surrounded by people, there is no way you could tell that. I don't even get how you put that together in your head.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So you would vote to give a lunatic command over our military/federal government and thus enable the GOP to go hog-wild with their batsh**t crazy policies for 2-4 years, just because Hillary has trouble keeping up with an 18-month long presidential campaign?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2016, 02:43:49 PM »

It makes a fluid race even more fluid. That is all I think I know. The Fix notes that the handling of the incident exacerbated matters.

tallguy23
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2016, 02:45:46 PM »

Have any of you seen the video? It's going viral, and I have to say it wasn't just a little light-headedness. She basically just collapsed, heck it looked like she was having a stroke. If that video makes it onto the mainstream news networks you'd have to be delusional to think it won't effect people's perceptions about her being President.

I am literally afraid for the future of this country right now; what are all of us whom are extremely unsure about HRC but downright vomit at the thought of the Donald being President suppose to do?

Do you even know what a stroke looks like? It's very subtle and most people can't tell anything is wrong with the person.

There's no way she'd be walking and talking normally an hour after a stroke.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2016, 02:47:26 PM »

She should just release a doctor's note and be done with it. If she really wants to call the rights bluff, release her medical records and call on Trump to do the same. But just nip this in the bud, or dont, maybe health>emails.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2016, 02:48:02 PM »

Do you even know what a stroke looks like? It's very subtle and most people can't tell anything is wrong with the person.

There's no way she'd be walking and talking normally an hour after a stroke.
Exactly. Most people don't, so when they see someone collapsing, thay'll imagine the worst.
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2016, 02:49:16 PM »

This is the kind of news that could turn it into a tie very quickly.  Of course, if it turns out she is so sick that they sub in Biden or Kaine, this thing goes right back to early August numbers and becomes Likely D overnight.

Why not the guy who got the 2nd most votes in the primary cycle? Eh, I guess we can cross the bridge when and if we have to.
Because Sanders is even older?
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2016, 02:56:26 PM »

That's bs and you know it. How can you tell a stroke from fainting/falling? And if we're talking about the video where she was surrounded by people, there is no way you could tell that. I don't even get how you put that together in your head.

So you would vote to give a lunatic command over our military/federal government and thus enable the GOP to go hog-wild with their batsh**t crazy policies for 2-4 years, just because Hillary has trouble keeping up with an 18-month long presidential campaign?

You literally just took all those words and shoved them in my mouth. Not worth responding too.

As for the first part, I meant seizure not a stroke, - my mistake. Though admittedly it's foolish for any of us to comment on the specifics of what happened; I can only speak from my experiences and the few seconds of footage we have.

My main point was simply that if the average American see's that footage it's going to leave a very strong impact on them; it looks horrific.
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2016, 02:56:39 PM »

True, but unless he's in poor health currently, that's not a disqualifier. Trump isn't exactly a young dude himself.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2016, 02:57:17 PM »

My main point was simply that if the average American see's that footage it's going to leave a very strong impact on them; it looks horrific.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2016, 02:59:04 PM »

You literally just took all those words and shoved them in my mouth. Not worth responding too.

As for the first part, I meant seizure not a stroke, - my mistake. Though admittedly it's foolish for any of us to comment on the specifics of what happened; I can only speak from my experiences and the few seconds of footage we have.

How do you confuse seizure and stroke? If don't know the difference or confuse the two, maybe your health is questionable...
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2016, 03:01:17 PM »

How do you confuse seizure and stroke? If don't know the difference or confuse the two, maybe your health is questionable...

The King of Petty back at it again; so you're clearly not interested in any kind of substantiated conversation other than trading petty snipes; I think I'll have a far better user experience on this site with you on my ignore list. Bye.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2016, 03:01:50 PM »

This is pretty much my position. The media will have huge amounts of fun with it, it'll affect her position in the polls for a week or so and then normality will resume.

If the election was next week I'd be seriously worried, but she has two months to recover from this. Could even mark the beginning of a comeback story?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2016, 03:07:32 PM »

This is pretty much my position. The media will have huge amounts of fun with it, it'll affect her position in the polls for a week or so and then normality will resume.

If the election was next week I'd be seriously worried, but she has two months to recover from this. Could even mark the beginning of a comeback story?

You can be damn sure we aint talking about her emails or the foundation anymore.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2016, 03:11:08 PM »

It would affect her if she wasn't running against Trump.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies