Jill Stein: "I wouldn't have 'assassinated' Osama Bin Laden
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:28:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jill Stein: "I wouldn't have 'assassinated' Osama Bin Laden
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jill Stein: "I wouldn't have 'assassinated' Osama Bin Laden  (Read 3110 times)
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2016, 02:44:55 AM »

At the end of World War II, the Allies desisted of summarily executing the Nazi war criminals, compared to which bin Laden was a rank amateur. Why this outrage over doing the same with bin Laden?
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2016, 08:47:50 AM »

He should've been tried
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2016, 09:05:33 AM »

If I was forced to pick between Clinton and Stein for President, I would pick Clinton in a freaking heartbeat.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2016, 10:26:27 AM »

She's right in principle, here. The U.S. should abide by international law in all circumstances and every individual should have the right to a fair trial regardless of their crimes. That being said, it does not seem to be the case that it was a viable option to capture Bin Laden, and he was far from willing to be captured alive.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2016, 11:09:11 AM »

Can we just make a consolidated "Jill Stein is an irrelevant lunatic" thread for these types of things instead of having all these threads devoted to this crazy woman?

Says the Trump supporter
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2016, 11:10:17 AM »

Jill Stein is right yet again. Sad that she isn't the Democratic nominee so we could have someone respectable to vote for. You simply can't violate a human's right to live like that.

You ant bin Laden as your next president then? Nice. You must be a whole lot younger than me in order to think of the world as such a yatzy game. I used to be extremely naive when I was your age as well, trust me. Then 9/11 happened.

That must have affected you a whole lot more than me. Scandinavia was hit a whole lot harder than my beloved home of New York City.

Jill Stein is right yet again. Sad that she isn't the Democratic nominee so we could have someone respectable to vote for. You simply can't violate a human's right to live like that.
"Trump/Pence"

If your serious, then I marvel the ability to have that amount of dissonance.

I have denounced Mike Pence as a  radical Christian terrorist and enemy of the people on many occasions, but sacrifices have to be made for the good of humanity. #2 doesn't matter nearly as much as #1.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2016, 11:20:49 AM »

Stein is a %^&(^*&%^ nut.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2016, 11:21:06 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 11:23:47 AM by Averroës »

It would be stranger if the Green Party nominated someone who believed that the raid on Osama Bin Laden's compound with, by most accounts, negligible effort to capture him alive, was the right thing to do. Is this really such an unreasonable point of view? Or is it the description of these events as an "assassination" that is setting people off? (Even for those of us who preferred Bin Laden dead, what else should we call it?)

There's something darkly funny (and predictable) about watching as people strain to portray an extremely unpopular but well-grounded position as if it were further evidence of #kookyJill or whatever, though. Our beautiful nominee said that she wanted to bring us back to the spirit of September 12, 2001, and we appear to be well on our way to the paranoia and jingoism that made those years such a memorable time in which to be growing up.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2016, 11:36:37 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 11:40:12 AM by EliteLX »

Apparently the belief that bin Laden should have been captured and tried instead of killed - the position of George W. Bush in September 2001- is "fringe left" by modern standards. Remarkable.

After Hitler, Osama bin Laden is the second worst human being who has ever lived. And you're trying to excuse him, seriously?

YUR A BUN LODEN LUVIN LIBRA CUNNIMISYT-TURRIST MOSLUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 MKE MURICA GRAT AGEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

Annndddd there's Atlas liberal strawman attempt #2,981,728,819,827,729.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2016, 11:39:01 AM »

I don't know if her candidacy is funny, or depressing.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2016, 11:40:35 AM »

Apparently the belief that bin Laden should have been captured and tried instead of killed - the position of George W. Bush in September 2001- is "fringe left" by modern standards. Remarkable.

After Hitler, Osama bin Laden is the second worst human being who has ever lived. And you're trying to excuse him, seriously?

YUR A BUN LODEN LUVIN LIBRA CUNNIMISYT-TURRIST MOSLUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111 MKE MURICA GRAT AGEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

You are making yourself out as an ass.

You should have not even the slightest sense of sympathy for such a wicked human being? I hate the far left.

Yes. Yes, you should. This is exactly what I hate about this forum. I can't even see how your position is justifiable.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2016, 11:42:05 AM »

LOL. She's a left version of the Trumpster. With a smaller ego.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2016, 12:25:57 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2016, 12:27:56 PM by Siren »

In an ideal world, it might be preferable to capture him alive and put him on trial, but we don't live in an ideal world.  When you're in a war, there are difficult ethical decisions that must be made.  You can't just say "okay go capture him" and make that happen with no consequences.  You have to weigh the pros and cons of each possible operation.  Trying to capture puts American and coalition soldiers in more danger, and I would most definitely not trade the lives of any soldiers just to capture a revolting man that will inevitably be killed later anyway.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2016, 12:34:06 PM »

I really think she's just trying to troll for attention. Worked great for Donald Trump.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2016, 04:25:44 PM »

Annndddd there's Atlas liberal strawman attempt #2,981,728,819,827,729.

I'll take the charge of creating strawmen over being a lukewarm coward who changes his initial post after four minutes because he senses the heat will be too much.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2016, 03:39:23 PM »

I don't see how wanting to capture someone alive rather than dead constitutes "sympathy."
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2016, 12:53:18 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2016, 12:55:48 PM by Simfan34 »

I'd have preferred him to be tried for 10 years and sentenced to a million years in jail, give or take, and it seems like they went in with the intention of killing him, but lol Jill Stein all the same.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies