What is your singular favourite song?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:58:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What is your singular favourite song?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What is your singular favourite song?  (Read 1089 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 07:09:39 AM »

It's pretty much impossible to have a favourite song that lasts for more than a month or so right?  My first thought was, well, what song have I listened to the most in my life on purpose?  I have no freaking clue.  It could be one of hundreds of songs.  Probably something by Aerosmith, like Last Child or Back in the Saddle, but neither of those would be my favorite song.  So, seems to me it would need to be the most talented of my top several bands (The Who), at their prime (so something off of Tommy, Quadrophenia or Who's Next) that showcases the writing and the playing and is fun to listen to or sing.  Won't Get Fooled Again or Behind Blue Eyes is the likely answer.  At least this month.

Behind Blue Eyes is my favorite song to sing karaoke in public.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 07:40:42 AM »

It's pretty much impossible to have a favourite song that lasts for more than a month or so right?  My first thought was, well, what song have I listened to the most in my life on purpose?  I have no freaking clue.  It could be one of hundreds of songs.  Probably something by Aerosmith, like Last Child or Back in the Saddle, but neither of those would be my favorite song.  So, seems to me it would need to be the most talented of my top several bands (The Who), at their prime (so something off of Tommy, Quadrophenia or Who's Next) that showcases the writing and the playing and is fun to listen to or sing.  Won't Get Fooled Again or Behind Blue Eyes is the likely answer.  At least this month.

Behind Blue Eyes is my favorite song to sing karaoke in public.

Hmm, I'm not sure the lyrics of that song are meant to portray a sane Republican in an otherwise insane party (with all due respect, of course). Wink Tongue
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2016, 07:40:54 AM »

Oh geez, you're so alone for the first minute and a half or so.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 10:59:31 AM »

I love that song and the music video is great. I watch it on occasion. It was the first song I ever "downloaded", if you know what I mean. I ended up ripping the CD from a friend shortly after.

REM often have excellent music videos (which is just icing on the cake on top of excellent tunes, Stipe's excellent voice, excellent instruments and excellent lyrics). I love the one for Great Beyond, and the one for Bad Day is delightfully insane.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 01:53:04 PM »

Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams or Maņana by Jimmy Buffett.

I had never heard of Manana until you posted this.  Just listened to it, and I think it might be a new favorite of mine.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2016, 02:22:26 PM »

Does the Hammerklavier Sonata count? Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length