Pence with a gaffe: Refuses to call David Duke "deplorable" in CNN interview
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 12:04:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Pence with a gaffe: Refuses to call David Duke "deplorable" in CNN interview
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Pence with a gaffe: Refuses to call David Duke "deplorable" in CNN interview  (Read 3474 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2016, 11:08:43 AM »

Maybe he just doesn't know who David Duke is. Who knows? But don't worry Mike, your boss Mr. Drumpf loves the poorly educated.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2016, 01:20:31 PM »

Seeing Winfield, whose admiration for Romney was personal and long-held, try and defend this sorry excuse of a Republican ticket and the demagogic, ignorant, narcissistic buffoon that is its sorry excuse of a nominee, is saddening. I knew him as someone with unbridled enthusiasm for Romney (who could even poke fun at his own admiration!) and a principled worldview, not a partisan hack.

Winfield, my friend, if you are still there, I beg you-- disassociate yourself from the pathetic horror that is Trump and those in the GOP who enable him! Think what you want of Hillary, but let no one pretend that is any excuse for condoning Trump and his actions! Do not be a sorry sight like Paul Ryan, who in the same breath must condemn their own candidate while trying to explain why he's still better than Clinton.

You are not a politician-- you have no reason to put yourself through their sad pantomime.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2016, 01:54:49 PM »

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood
Pence says he won't call David Duke deplorable because that would "validate the word Hillary Clinton used to describe the American people"

Keep digging that hole...
dspNY
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2016, 02:47:32 PM »

Pence says he won't call David Duke deplorable because that would "validate the word Hillary Clinton used to describe the American people"

So basically Pence is defending David Duke here
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2016, 03:00:24 PM »

So basically Pence is defending David Duke here

I'd say so. It's not like there aren't Americans that are very clearly deplorable, and Duke is one pretty much anyone should get a pass on calling deplorable. I love how he's boxed himself in on this. Keep refusing to call him deplorable and look like a white supremacy sympathizer, or call him deplorable and validate Clinton!

It's so amusing how they just can't shake David Duke. It really didn't have to be like this - He's just some obscure former Klan leader / professional loser, and somehow Trump made him a perpetual campaign issue.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2016, 12:32:38 AM »

I thought Winfield was #NeverTrump? He's criticized him a lot in the past, at least.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2016, 12:39:07 AM »

It's so amusing how they just can't shake David Duke.

It is not that they can't. It is that they do not want to.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2016, 12:50:30 AM »

Yeah and Pence didn't pinky swear he was rejecting Duke's support, so obviously doesn't count either.  Oh what a racist.

If I say Duke is deplorable, wretched, miserable, dishonorable, sickening, terrible, rotten, woeful, lousy, regrettable, lamentable, dreadful, disgraceful, horrifying, execrable, disreputable, and awful...does it mean I actually support him because I missed out "opprobrious"?

What about if I included opprobrious, but misspelled it?  Wouldn't count then?

oh quit recreating reality, dillweed. Pence, or any American not relying on the support of tacit Duke-types could've AND SHOULD'VE used any ONE of those terms, or any synonyms thereof to describe Duke and catagorically swear off his line of racism. but Pence pussied out from standing up against racism because it's an integral part of the campaign strategy of maximizing the white vote".

and you just pussied out by defending Pence's bend over without a shread of reality supporting it. Sad!
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2016, 01:25:02 AM »

Seems to me that the liberal propaganda media uses the name "David Duke" as scarecrow.  Why is CNN( propaganda news) makes every attempt to bring up something relating to David Duke?   I hope American voters aren't stupid enough to not see what's really going on here.

Pence did right by not being tricked into a trap bait question.   If he uses Hillary's own word, he will be essentially be giving her attack on American people as deplorable legitimacy.     
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2016, 01:37:36 AM »

Seems to me that the liberal propaganda media uses the name "David Duke" as scarecrow.  Why is CNN( propaganda news) makes every attempt to bring up something relating to David Duke?   I hope American voters aren't stupid enough to not see what's really going on here.

Pence did right by not being tricked into a trap bait question.   If he uses Hillary's own word, he will be essentially be giving her attack on American people as deplorable legitimacy.     

So, you agree that criticizing the KKK means siding with Clinton over Trump? I mean, I agree with that but it's baffling someone would see that and take Trump's side.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2016, 01:52:13 AM »

So, you agree that criticizing the KKK means siding with Clinton over Trump? I mean, I agree with that but it's baffling someone would see that and take Trump's side.

David Duke is irrelevant and its CNN since day one who has brought him into the campaign.   I see through what YOU liberals are attempting to do.   By supporting Trump that somehow makes you a supporter of David Duke or the KKK both of which have democratic party origins.

Lets be honest here.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2016, 02:08:04 AM »

David Duke is irrelevant and its CNN since day one who has brought him into the campaign.   I see through what YOU liberals are attempting to do.   By supporting Trump that somehow makes you a supporter of David Duke or the KKK both of which have democratic party origins.

Lets be honest here.

You're the one who says that calling David Duke deplorable is siding with Clinton over Trump. So, apparently you think that criticizing the KKK means being on Team Clinton. Again, I agree with you I'd just like to hear why you wanna be on the KKK side?
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2016, 02:40:06 AM »

Lets be honest here.

You're the one who says that calling David Duke deplorable is siding with Clinton over Trump. So, apparently you think that criticizing the KKK means being on Team Clinton. Again, I agree with you I'd just like to hear why you wanna be on the KKK side?

Hillary said 11 million people are deplorable people because they support Trump. David Duke is one person.  Once again Duke is being used as tool/dog whistle to peg Trump supporters into being racists.  Your question is framed the same way CNN attempted.   The real issue here is that Hillary slipped and went off script by reveling what she really thinks of hard working folks.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2016, 04:04:59 AM »

Lets be honest here.

Hillary said 11 million people are deplorable people because they support Trump. David Duke is one person.  Once again Duke is being used as tool/dog whistle to peg Trump supporters into being racists.  Your question is framed the same way CNN attempted.   The real issue here is that Hillary slipped and went off script by reveling what she really thinks of hard working folks.

Now you're just avoiding the issue. Why do you think Clinton should be all PC and mince words? Isn't it refreshing to hear some straight-talk? Or are you too sensitive and in need of a coddled safe space?

Again, you said you don't want to call David Duke a former KKK-leader and still a white supremacist, deplorable. Your reason was that doing so would legitimize Clinton. Why is calling a white supremacist deplorable something that legitimizes Clinton? Why doesn't Trump stand for that sentiment?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2016, 04:25:13 AM »

I thought Winfield was #NeverTrump? He's criticized him a lot in the past, at least.

He is a partisan Republican, ultimately.  I recall him continuing to cheerlead the 2008 ticket, and then after their defeat he admitted how he really felt all along about Sarah Palin.

Like most Republicans who can't stand Trump, they have little choice but to just try to argue that Clinton is even worse.  Better that than try to justify Trump to anyone, least of all themselves.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2016, 05:27:54 AM »

He is a partisan Republican, ultimately.  I recall him continuing to cheerlead the 2008 ticket, and then after their defeat he admitted how he really felt all along about Sarah Palin.

Like most Republicans who can't stand Trump, they have little choice but to just try to argue that Clinton is even worse.  Better that than try to justify Trump to anyone, least of all themselves.

I guess this aptly summarizes the situation:

Yes, because we can quit listening to those annoying Trump surrogates who are scared to death to tow anything but the Trump line, no matter how ridiculous or stupid it may be.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2016, 06:52:18 AM »

I notice, our internal Trumpista PC police is out in force. They cannot bear the straight talk. They loved denouncing "political correctness", when they thought it only restricted them from slandering others. Truth they cannot tolerate.

So, let me make it very clear: you, guys - all of you - are a bunch of deplorable good-for-nothing hypocrites. Not a single word of any of you should ever be trusted (I must say, I feel sorry for your wives, if any).
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2016, 07:02:23 AM »

I notice, our internal Trumpista PC police is out in force. They cannot bear the straight talk. They loved denouncing "political correctness", when they thought it only restricted them from slandering others. Truth they cannot tolerate.

What Pence saying is what the hell Duke has to do with Clinton being evil biatch towards Americans Smiley

So, let me make it very clear: you, guys - all of you - are a bunch of deplorable good-for-nothing hypocrites. Not a single word of any of you should ever be trusted (I must say, I feel sorry for your wives, if any).

Oh, your words hurt so much, because I care what you say  Sad
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2016, 07:03:39 AM »

Oh, your words hurt so much, because I care what you say  Sad

Oh, you have never met a married woman in your life, you, personally, are fine, at least, in that dimension.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2016, 05:28:27 PM »

Pence is one of the best Vice Presidential candidates in the history of the United States.
He made no gaffes in the CNN interview.
Clinton is the one who has viscously and hatefully degraded millions of ordinary, hard working, tax paying Americans.

Millions of ordinary, hard working, tax paying Germans voted Nazi in 1932.

So you are now comparing millions of hard working, tax paying Americans to the German population of 1932.  
Shame on you.

Lincoln Republican,
Hillary did not call the "ordinary" Americans among us deplorables.
What the hell are you talking about ?
I thought you were one of the Atlas-blue avatars that could decipher 1+1.

Greedy Hillary (Powell's words) bitterly attacked about a quarter of Americans in a vicious tirade of unprecedented proportions.

Number one rule in politics, don't insult or attack voters.

By the way, I should report you for making a personal attack against myself, however, being as magnanimous as I am, I won't.

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2016, 05:33:07 PM »

Greedy Hillary (Powell's words) bitterly attacked about a quarter of Americans in a vicious tirade of unprecedented proportions.

Number one rule in politics, don't insult or attack voters.

Buffalo Bill
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2016, 05:33:58 PM »

But it's ok to call 47% of Americans deplorable?  Glad to see where the Democrats' priorities are.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2016, 05:36:31 PM »

Number one rule in politics, don't insult or attack white voters.

Do not be shy. Please say what you mean.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2016, 05:39:45 PM »

Number one rule in politics, don't insult or attack white voters.

Do not be shy. Please say what you mean.
Sigh... What a smart ass you think you are Wink
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2016, 05:44:57 PM »

Why do you want him to call David Duke "deplorable?" 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies