Would you approve or disapprove of the CPD including Johnson in the 1st debate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:57:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Would you approve or disapprove of the CPD including Johnson in the 1st debate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Assume that Johnson does not meet the polling standard, but he is included anyway
Approve  (Possible Johnson Voter)
Approve (Will not vote for Johnson)
Disapprove  (Possible Johnson Voter)
Disapprove (Will not vote for Johnson)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Would you approve or disapprove of the CPD including Johnson in the 1st debate?  (Read 575 times)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2016, 04:34:38 PM »

Approve (Possible Johnson Voter). The standards were set to exclude third parties, not to "test viability" or "avoid including candidates with only a miniscule level of support". This is the most qualified third party ticket in modern history. Let's include them. Hillary and Trump can shut it. If they can't handle debating a third party presidential candidate, how can they handle unfriendly  world leaders like Kim Jong Un?
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 04:39:58 PM »

If the far more influential and popular Ross Perot wasn't worthy of debate time in 1996, than this guy certainly isn't.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »

If the far more influential and popular Ross Perot wasn't worthy of debate time in 1996, than this guy certainly isn't.

making sure Ross Perot doesn't feel cheated about 1996 should definitely be the highest priority here.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 05:12:40 PM »

Disapprove (doesn't support Johnson); libertarianism = joke ideology. More importantly, this election is between two people and everyone pretending otherwise is deluding themselves. Let's not pay too much attention to the other two wackos (let alone to McMuffin and the like).

Also lmao @ "most qualified". The guy literally doesn't know the largest city in Syria when asked about it.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 05:12:46 PM »

Johnson and Weld are actually qualified. They deserve to be there far more than an orange rapist.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 05:17:38 PM »

I'm beginning to very torn because I want Gary to steal New Mexico from the Democrats, but I also don't want to risk him being President in any way as I would be very fearful of the dystopia that America would become at we descend into poverty that would take decades to reverse. Some risks are just not worth taking. 90% of an OK thing and 10% of a great thing  is better than say 55% of an OK thing, 40% of a great thing and 5% of a very frightening event (not that Gary necessarily affects the percentages in that manner, but just for argument's sake)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 05:48:13 PM »

On one hand I don't like the CPD, I like giving independent voices a chance, he is more competent and qualified than at least one of the other candidates, and the people deserve to know what options are out there.

On the other hand he clearly falls short of the requirement, and we know he has no chance of winning,

I would only let him in if he gets the same percentage of time/attention as his poll numbers. There is no way they should get 1/3 1/3 1/3 time.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 06:34:15 PM »

Approve. Him and Jill Stein should be in the debates by virtue of having ballot access in states that add up to 270 or more electoral votes.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies