the Beatles, the Who, the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:50:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  the Beatles, the Who, the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: pick two
the Beatles

the Who

the Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 55

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: the Beatles, the Who, the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin  (Read 2116 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 08:17:48 AM »

Led Zeppelin > Stones > the Who > Beatles

We have a winner! I know the Beatles are responsible for all the rock that came after them and were revolutionary for their time but they didn't age well at all and so much of the music is simplistic pop/not really rock.

Haha, you can like them all you want along with everyone else. I just think their music is sh**t which is a valid opinion, especially since I'm not saying everyone should think this way.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 12:52:49 PM »

I don't understand how anyone could consider The Beatles to be simplistic.  A few of their songs maybe.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2016, 01:10:39 PM »

The Beatles and probably the Stones.  But I'd be really disappointed that I couldn't pick from some other bands from that time period.  The Doors, Jethro Tull, Jefferson Airplane, and Cream to name a few!
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2016, 09:44:50 PM »

The Beatles and The Who. Abbey Road and Quadrophenia have both been incredibly important to me, and I can't imagine just being without Who's Next or any RS-onward Beatles album for that long. I do like Zep and (especially) the Stones, but I'd take either of the other two over them in a heartbeat.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 09:58:48 PM »

The Beatles, and I guess the Who. Sure, some of the early stuff by the Beatles was simplistic, but their later songs had a lot of intricate harmony, and even some of their early songs, such as "If I Fell" had less predictable chords and harmony than most pop songs at the time. The Stones and Led Zeppelin have some good songs, but I personally think they're more overrated than the Beatles, at least by my generation.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2016, 05:40:34 AM »

The Beatles and probably the Stones.  But I'd be really disappointed that I couldn't pick from some other bands from that time period.  The Doors, Jethro Tull, Jefferson Airplane, and Cream to name a few!
Well, the Doors didn't make it because I was only putting in good bands.  Tull and Airplane are wus rock.  Cream wasn't around long enough.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2016, 09:22:39 AM »

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2016, 02:47:11 PM »

Well, the Doors didn't make it because I was only putting in good bands.  Tull and Airplane are wus rock.  Cream wasn't around long enough.

lol.  Did that post make you feel special?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2016, 03:44:01 PM »

I definitely love The Beatles, especially Sargent Peppers, but I'm more in line with Bob Dylan, The Band, The Grateful Dead, Jethro Tull, The Doors, etc, then I am with the Stones, Zeppelin, or The Who. That being said, all have great bodies of work. I just got the Tommy soundtrack for my turntable last week.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2016, 05:02:55 PM »

The Beatles and Zep. The evolution one can witness through progressing both their discographies is just as much of a history lesson as it is diversity in style.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2016, 10:39:20 PM »

Despite my username, Beatles and Zeppelin. (Anyone who doesn't vote Beatles should be shot)
Why?  I know a lot of people in my age group (45 to 50), who would prefer the other 3 over the Beatles.  In fact, they would prefer about 100 other groups over the Beatles.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2016, 06:42:26 AM »

The Beatles and The Stones.

The Beatles are by far the best.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2016, 07:27:54 AM »

lol.  Did that post make you feel special?
nah, I always feel special.  And the Doors still suck.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2016, 05:40:23 PM »

I'd go for Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 11:56:44 PM »

Despite my username, Beatles and Zeppelin. (Anyone who doesn't vote Beatles should be shot)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2016, 01:14:14 AM »

Definitely the Stones and I went with the Who as the second choice.  Might have gone with the Kinks if they had been a choice.

Of the other randomness mentioned, definitely a fan of the Band, and never have develop a liking of the Doors.  And while they haven't been mentioned and I don't need they're whole catalog, I'd want to sneak an AC/DC disk or two.  And Neil Young.  And about a thousand others.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2016, 06:19:40 PM »

They're all great, but the Beatles and the Who are my two favorites.  The Stones are a bit too risqué in some of their lyrics.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2016, 09:38:35 PM »

The Beatles. I used to listen to them on my Walkman when I was a kid. Oh memories.......They have dozens of great songs.  They are the greatest Rock & Roll Band. Even if you don't like many of their songs they are the Gold Standard of musical groups.

The Rolling Stones also: But only the 60's songs. The only one I like after 1970 is "Miss You". They're a really great band, and still touring, LOL at their Cuba visit.

The Who: I like Baba O'Reilly & Pinball Wizard, but that's about it.

Led Zeppelin: I like one song of there's, "D'yer Maker", an early attempt at Reggae, that's all I know about them. I did like the album Robert Plant did with Alison Krauss, "Raising Sand", but that wasn't Led Zeppelin.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies