Trump to call for six weeks paid maternity leave
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:48:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump to call for six weeks paid maternity leave
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Trump to call for six weeks paid maternity leave  (Read 1739 times)
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 08:50:06 AM »

Now that Trump is endorsing this, be prepared for Salon/Buzzfeed articles about how advocating maternity leave is misogynist for suggesting women need a break more than men. That was bound to happen anyway, but this will accelerate it.

This is the dumbest post in this thread.

Folks, he came out with an alternative plan just a month ago that was basically an upper-middle-class to rich person tax break allowing deductions for nannies essentially. He doesn't really give a s*** about this policy proposal. I guarantee you this is nothing more than campaign rhetoric 2 try to make inroads among republican-leaning women Kama especially married women, in light of the fact that Hillary's campaign has spent the last week's shooting its toes off one by one. It's not even about campaign policy, but rather just to make the Donald scene softer and gentler than his completely misogynistic ass really is. At least two conservative women who can't stomach Hillary but are leaning toward her because, well...

If he's elected, this goes in the dumpster before inauguration day to be replaced by something awfully similar to his original plan.

I think this is Ivanka's proposal actually which means her dad still won't care but it'll get more push than anything else.

If it's Ivanka's proposal, then Ivanka is the one with no understanding of how to sell/fund a policy. Good to know.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 12:39:38 PM »

Now that Trump is endorsing this, be prepared for Salon/Buzzfeed articles about how advocating maternity leave is misogynist for suggesting women need a break more than men. That was bound to happen anyway, but this will accelerate it.

I think the best way to do it would be to give a certain amount of parental leave to be split between parents.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 12:43:07 PM »

I think the best way to do it would be to give a certain amount of parental leave to be split between parents.

That's actually a great idea.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 02:47:21 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2016, 03:19:58 PM by shua »

Coming from you, I take it as a complement.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 03:48:00 PM »

It's telling that you seem to think everybody only seems to take positions because of short term political advantage.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2016, 01:41:09 AM »

It's telling that you seem to think everybody only seems to take positions because of short term political advantage.

Welp
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2016, 01:48:53 AM »

Leave it to Cosmo to really grill Ivanka and the Trump campaign about this proposal. It doesn't include fathers or male same-sex couples.

Kudos to the interviewer for asking the tough questions. Ivanka of course responded with "So I think you have a lot of negativity in these questions."

Girl, bye.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a3356886/ivanka-trump-child-care-maternity-leave-policy/
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2016, 04:26:14 AM »

Welp

Did you think that article is attacking the very concept of maternity leave as misogynist?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2016, 06:38:20 AM »

It is a shame when the Republican Candidate is leaving you behind in progressive issues proposing maternity leave. Trump is doing very well among white women & this will only consolidate his base.

I think Dems have missed a huge point - They should introduce a bill & let Republicans vote it down in Senate or House. Then take to the debate & say this is a sham & a fraud as No GOP guys support it & this is a tactic to get votes.

If Trump is serious he should convince the GOP Congressmen & Paul Ryan & get this bill passed in September.

Hillary is doing really bad in championing progressive issues. All this courting of Bush donors & Republicans will get sh** as Republicans hate her ( I mean look at the polls).
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2016, 06:42:50 AM »

It is a shame when the Republican Candidate is leaving you behind in progressive issues proposing maternity leave. Trump is doing very well among white women & this will only consolidate his base.

I think Dems have missed a huge point - They should introduce a bill & let Republicans vote it down in Senate or House. Then take to the debate & say this is a sham & a fraud as No GOP guys support it & this is a tactic to get votes.

If Trump is serious he should convince the GOP Congressmen & Paul Ryan & get this bill passed in September.

Hillary is doing really bad in championing progressive issues. All this courting of Bush donors & Republicans will get sh** as Republicans hate her ( I mean look at the polls).

Hillary has had a better proposal on this for months at least.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2016, 06:47:59 AM »

May be, but she chose to talk about... mmm ...Pepe the Frog... and "Deplorables".

Each time Trump comes with a new proposals, it seems like he is improving = very good optics for him.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2016, 06:52:18 AM »

I know. And how many times has she talked about it? I am very circumspect if she will push any of these plans if she is president. She has not hammered on Social Security Expansion or Maternity Leave after the DNC Convention. Even though I may disagree with her plan, she should atleast be vocal about it such that she can say look I was right & Trump is coming with an inferior version of my plan.

IMO she should just throw her weight behind the Senate, House Bill of around 1.17$ per week which most progressive Democrats are fighting about.Same with Security, lift the cap & left a billionaires atleast pay the same % as working people. She has not embraced thus & has promised to study a combination of plans.

At this point her plan is hazy, low on concrete proposals with disingenuous words like I will make the wealthy pay for it, etc but still whatever plan she has,it should not feel like she has abandoned them!

Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2016, 07:10:07 AM »

I'm sorry, that's not a serious answer. You can't say Trump is beating Clinton on this issue even though he has a worse plan in all respects, just because you haven't been paying enough attention.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2016, 07:56:55 AM »

It won't. His crapioli won't fly in NH anymore.

I think NH will go full VT this year.

You are getting way too radical with this idea, I fear. In all reality Election Day will roll around and this state will probably be within 7-9% just like a Minnesota or a similar state. You act as though Donald will be utterly wiped out facing nearly 20% margins? Comparison with Vermont is just laughable.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2016, 12:39:35 PM »

I'm sorry, that's not a serious answer. You can't say Trump is beating Clinton on this issue even though he has a worse plan in all respects, just because you haven't been paying enough attention.

I am sorry but that was a pretty ridiculous answer. Firstly I didn't see he beat her but I said he obviously did a much better jobsing at a campaign strategy.I want to see Hillary to lose to see the reaction of this forum which is an full of extreme campaign loyalists some of whom are paid by Superpacs, some of whom have turned this into a fanclub immune of criticism. You guys will be the reason this monster Trump maybe elected.

Secondly, One Hillary's plan is a Trump type plan as it is not paid for - Will make the billionaires pay n all that bullsh**t without giving any tax increase details. I think she should throw her  support behind the 1.71$ odd per week US Senate bill which almost all progressive Democrats are fighting for. That is a proper rational achievable bill IMO which can get done. I have no idea why she is not fighting for the Senate Bill.

I also criticized her on championing any of the major progressive ideas including in the debate she did not go hard on maternity leave but atleast mentioned it a couple of times. After the debate she has forgotten all her proposals & is busy negative ads with Wall Street money with all the Bush people featuring in it.

I hope Hillary returns to the campaign trail more serious about progressive issues, championing them, making people believe he actually means them because she has a career record of flip flopping n untrustworthy actions.

It is one thing to resort to negative campaigning like the Super pac paid people are doing in this forum flooding with anti-Trump posts as if a dozen or 2 people in this forum will decide the election. Hillary should also focus more on her ideas & progressive goals in her ads rather than running negative ads against Trump all the time!
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2016, 12:44:04 PM »

I am sorry but that was a pretty ridiculous answer. Firstly I didn't see he beat her but I said he obviously did a much better jobsing at a campaign strategy.I want to see Hillary to lose to see the reaction of this forum which is an full of extreme campaign loyalists some of whom are paid by Superpacs, some of whom have turned this into a fanclub immune of criticism. You guys will be the reason this monster Trump maybe elected.

Secondly, One Hillary's plan is a Trump type plan as it is not paid for - Will make the billionaires pay n all that bullsh**t without giving any tax increase details. I think she should throw her  support behind the 1.71$ odd per week US Senate bill which almost all progressive Democrats are fighting for. That is a proper rational achievable bill IMO which can get done. I have no idea why she is not fighting for the Senate Bill.

I also criticized her on championing any of the major progressive ideas including in the debate she did not go hard on maternity leave but atleast mentioned it a couple of times. After the debate she has forgotten all her proposals & is busy negative ads with Wall Street money with all the Bush people featuring in it.

I hope Hillary returns to the campaign trail more serious about progressive issues, championing them, making people believe he actually means them because she has a career record of flip flopping n untrustworthy actions.

It is one thing to resort to negative campaigning like the Super pac paid people are doing in this forum flooding with anti-Trump posts as if a dozen or 2 people in this forum will decide the election. Hillary should also focus more on her ideas & progressive goals in her ads rather than running negative ads against Trump all the time!

So your answer is poorly spelled concern trolling. Thank you for making me realize I made a mistake engaging with you in the first place.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2016, 01:05:19 PM »

So your answer is poorly spelled concern trolling. Thank you for making me realize I made a mistake engaging with you in the first place.

Cool - I knew you were not intelligent enough to have a rational discussion. I hope you are paid well for your services in this forum. My best wishes for you n your hero Hillary Clinton who I hope wins!
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2016, 01:08:28 PM »

It's nice to see Republicans being so helpful towards the poor.  This has got to be driving the Democrats crazy who have been taking single mothers for granted.  I love it and can just hear their whining now.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2016, 05:51:24 AM »

It won't. His crapioli won't fly in NH anymore.

I think NH will go full VT this year.
I must admit, you was 100% right http://www.reuters.com/statesofthenation/

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2016, 10:00:03 AM »

It's the status quo in Sweden.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2016, 10:07:31 AM »
« Edited: September 17, 2016, 10:09:58 AM by Ebowed »

This is just scattered lip service thanks to a bit of nudging from his wife.  On some days, Ivanka is the sole policy advisor, and then Trump might spend one day talking about maybe reducing student loan debt, paying women equally, or providing paid maternity leave.  It won't be mentioned again, because lip service isn't meant to go beyond its intended purpose: to patronize, belittle, and condemn.  Trump would only ever get behind a proposal like this thanks to bizarre reasoning involving declining rates of reproduction among whites, and even then, the CATO Institute will never let him actually do it.  Nobody is buying it.

If you support paid family and medical leave, you should vote for Hillary Clinton.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2016, 10:22:57 AM »

Here in Austria, parents can both go into parental leave.

There's a 5-tier system, of which 4 are based on the duration of the leave with a fixed income per month, while one is income-based for 1 year.

* 2.5 years of parental leave with ~440€ each month (or 14.53€/day)
* 20 months with ~624€ each month (or 20.80€/day)
* 15 months with ~800€ each month (or 26.60€/day)
* 12 months with ~1000€ each month (or 33.00€/day)

Or the income based one:

* 80% of the last income for up to 1 year

Still, contrary to Sweden where 90% of fathers go into paternal leave for at least a short period, only 25% of Austrian fathers do so right now (even though they are guaranteed not to be fired during that time).
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2016, 10:37:37 AM »

I think Dems have missed a huge point - They should introduce a bill & let Republicans vote it down in Senate or House.

Its not as simple as that; the (Republican) House leadership wouldn't put it on the floor and they obviously wouldn't get the numbers that they'd need to force a debate on a bill since that takes an absolute majority.  I'm pretty sure that the same goes for the Senate as well: you need a majority of votes (actually could be 60 with the filibuster, thinking of it) to force a debate on something without the approval of the majority leadership.  Add in the fact that I'm pretty sure that the House and Senate are adjourned anyway now for the election and that they can't force them to reconvene without the support of the Republican leadership and the fact that it'd just be seen as campaign posturing anyway, then its not really something worth thinking about.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2016, 11:06:13 AM »

I think I knew it was somewhere.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2016, 12:06:28 PM »

CLINTON will frame the debate that his tax cuts are a give away to corporations and hiding his taxes means he went through the tax loopholes
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies