Thiel for SCOTUS?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:01:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Thiel for SCOTUS?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thiel for SCOTUS?  (Read 306 times)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2016, 11:23:30 AM »

Unsubstantiated rumors this morning that Trump's top choice for the Supreme Court would be Peter Thiel... An interesting choice, for sure, and proof that Trump is not particularly animated by social issues. Wonder how SoCons would feel about this
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 01:18:54 PM »

He may have gone to Stanford Law, but the dude hasn't even practiced or studied law in decades. I'm sorry, that does not make you qualified to handle Supreme Court cases.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 01:20:11 PM »

He may have gone to Stanford Law, but the dude hasn't even practiced or studied law in decades. I'm sorry, that does not make you qualified to handle Supreme Court cases.

I agree on qualifications.  If the Republicans aren't going to support Trump then they need to at least allow a vote on a judge for the Supreme Court.  Are they really planning on doing this for four more years?
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 01:22:10 PM »

I agree on qualifications.  If the Republicans aren't going to support Trump then they need to at least allow a vote on a judge for the Supreme Court.  Are they really planning on doing this for four more years?

If Clinton wins Prez and GOP holds Senate (my current prediction) I think Garland-type moderates become the norm.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 01:25:38 PM »

Unsubstantiated rumors this morning that Trump's top choice for the Supreme Court would be Peter Thiel... An interesting choice, for sure, and proof that Trump is not particularly animated by social issues. Wonder how SoCons would feel about this
Bullsh**t, but it is a smart move to start those rumors. Trump needs to get a softer image without actually becoming softer Smiley

Women/educated! Smiley
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 02:06:54 PM »

If Clinton wins Prez and GOP holds Senate (my current prediction) I think Garland-type moderates become the norm.

Moderates are good for the country so hopefully this is the case.  She's leads on that she's much more moderate than Obama but has yet to criticize him for anything in 8 years let alone address how she'd be doing things differently.  Rhetoric and governance are two different things.  If anything maybe she'll be moderate to stay popular.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies