Is Trump now the favorite?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:49:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Is Trump now the favorite?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Is Trump now the favorite?  (Read 3591 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2016, 08:09:05 AM »

No. He's still trailing in the Electoral College significantly.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2016, 08:50:03 AM »

It's plausible that Trump can win, however, I would still favor Clinton at about 2:1 chance. Before the conventions, I probably would have favored Clinton at 4:1.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2016, 09:03:06 AM »

It's plausible that Trump can win, however, I would still favor Clinton at about 2:1 chance. Before the conventions, I probably would have favored Clinton at 4:1.
Agree. I'll wait 1-2 weeks. Quick changes caused by news stories might be temporary, even though "Deplorables"/Pneumonia might be a "game-changer" Smiley

I was much more certain/happy about last 4 week. During them Trump steady but surely has gained little by little, week after week.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2016, 09:30:39 AM »

Nate Silver agrees with me.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2016, 09:49:23 AM »

Agree. I'll wait 1-2 weeks. Quick changes caused by news stories might be temporary, even though "Deplorables"/Pneumonia might be a "game-changer" Smiley

I was much more certain/happy about last 4 week. During them Trump steady but surely has gained little by little, week after week.

Hillary's defeat, if it happens, will be "death by a thousand cuts", mostly from printed e-mail paper cuts. 

I wouldn't call Trump the favorite, and he's not exactly surging, but he's making steady progress.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2016, 09:51:42 AM »

Trump has basically eliminated Hillary's advantage by swinging OH and FL pretty firmly in his column.
The polls with him up in Nevada and Colorado are very interesting.  
He would only need North Carolina if those are real.    
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2016, 09:57:10 AM »

No, the reason Trump is going up in the polls is because the "Media" wants to create a race when there is none. All the fall shows are coming back and the NFL season started last week. Out of all channels who loses the most viewers because of this? CNN and who is the first major poll to have Trump leading nationally? That correct CNN. In 2012 Obama was leading all polls until October because they created a narrative that Romney had a chance after the debate. Obama RCP average going into election day was 0.7 he won by 4 points! Hillary had this wrapped up in July the rest of this is just for ratings.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2016, 10:05:14 AM »

No, but the fact that we're even asking this is scary.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2016, 10:33:25 AM »

No, he is not.  Unless Clinton is permanently incapacitated, or a major global event happens, that would validate Trump's ideas and plans, this will still be a Hillary landslide. 

However, the fact that Trump is still in contention should give everyone a wake up call.  Part of the reason for that is the incredible weakness of Hillary Clinton, as a candidate; she just comes off as untrustworthy and secretive, and many voters still do not understand what drives her. 

However, the major reason for the competitive race is the prevailing reality TV culture, where entertainment-savvy candidates, with no qualifications or necessary ability to govern a complex system like the US, are taken at face value by many voters and by the media.
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2016, 10:59:35 AM »

Hillary Clinton, as a candidate;
1) she just comes off as
2)untrustworthy and secretive,
3) many voters still do not understand what drives her. 
4) qualifications or necessary ability to govern a complex system like the US
1) She doesn't "come off as", this is her.
2) She IS untrustworthy and secretive
3) Her motivations repulse people, the more people understand her "drives" the worse she will do.
4) She hasn't accomplished anything or shown any ability here.  Trump who is under qualified in a traditional sense actually has done something productive with his life.  Hillary has shown herself to be a good reader in the past.... I'm searching for her next best attribute / accomplishment.   
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2016, 12:29:00 PM »

No, but his odds have gone up this week

And you've got to consider the Electoral College.  His leads in NV, FL, OH, and ME get him to 260.  Colorado would put him over the edge.

This is the best Trump can do on his very best day.

I'll take it but I'm still not sure I'm voting for Trump or Clinton.
JRoby
Rookie

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2016, 01:14:49 PM »

No, but he's closer right now to winning than Mitt Romney ever was to the Presidency, and that's pretty funny in a dark way.

Buffalo Bill
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2016, 01:16:38 PM »

No, but he's closer right now to winning than Mitt Romney ever was to the Presidency, and that's pretty funny in a dark way.

I think Romney really won the election outside of people who were able to vote multiple times because people weren't asking for voter ID's very much.  All you need is a list of citizens in your town and you continuously go through the line.  Only Democrats work polls so they know what's really going on. 
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2016, 01:20:23 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Or dark in a funny way!
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2016, 01:21:19 PM »

I think Romney really won the election outside of people who were able to vote multiple times because people weren't asking for voter ID's very much.  All you need is a list of citizens in your town and you continuously go through the line.  Only Democrats work polls so they know what's really going on. 

OK, at this point I'm finally convinced that you're just here to troll, and I'm putting you on ignore.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2016, 01:22:28 PM »

Trump is the favorite to ride off into the sunset with Putin, never again to throw his silly hat into the ring, after Hillary gets into office.

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2016, 01:32:10 PM »

Trump is the favorite to ride off into the sunset with Putin, never again to throw his silly hat into the ring, after Hillary gets into office.

Cheesy
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2016, 01:48:26 PM »

Now he's up in NC and tied up the RCP average there. 
So, if the election was held today he would win.
I guess if you are ahead you are the favorite?
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2016, 01:49:06 PM »

Guys I'd have to see some credible polling on CO before I can consider this. 
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2016, 01:50:21 PM »

Troll Alert!!
AmericanNation

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2016, 01:50:37 PM »

Guys I'd have to see some credible polling on CO before I can consider this. 
yea, I'm just going off the blitz of polls this week.
elcorazon

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2016, 01:56:08 PM »

Wow! you don't really believe this, do you?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies