Take that Souter! Justice may lose home to eminent domain.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:21:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Take that Souter! Justice may lose home to eminent domain.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Take that Souter! Justice may lose home to eminent domain.  (Read 3987 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2005, 06:53:12 PM »

How was Dredd Scott a sham of a decision? For the laws of the time it actually was a sound judgement. I will post the constitutional statement regarding the matter.

Well, most of us are against slavery.

Much like most of your arguments this picture applies.

Please, put that picture of Jefferson Davis back up. Harris is starting to make me sick. Cheesy
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2005, 07:02:30 PM »

How was Dredd Scott a sham of a decision? For the laws of the time it actually was a sound judgement. I will post the constitutional statement regarding the matter.

Please, put that picture of Jefferson Davis back up. Harris is starting to make me sick. Cheesy

Beet, she is easier on the eyes for sure. Smiley And please change your name back to "Beet".. thefactor irritates me and I liked your old name much better. Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2005, 07:03:57 PM »

Easier on the eyes?!?  Surely you must have noticed that she looks like a man in drag?  Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2005, 07:06:22 PM »

Easier on the eyes?!?  Surely you must have noticed that she looks like a man in drag?  Tongue

That's all woman buddy. Tongue
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2005, 07:07:57 PM »

You sure?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2005, 07:10:16 PM »

Beet, she is easier on the eyes for sure. Smiley And please change your name back to "Beet".. thefactor irritates me and I liked your old name much better. Smiley

Perhaps... I am allowing politics to intrude my judgment. Still, if you've seen enough pictures to realize her face is extremely manly looking. As for the sig... this is a nickname other people gave me.... offline people... so blame them. Cheesy
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2005, 07:13:16 PM »

All plastic and silcone.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2005, 07:24:42 PM »

All plastic and silcone.

And?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2005, 07:31:24 PM »

That picture was poven to be doctored.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2005, 07:34:26 PM »

She doesn't look so great here, either.

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2005, 10:39:06 PM »

Do you actually understand the implications of the ruling, Opebo, and why most people are upset about it?

Yes, they're afraid some other rich with political influence will get the government to take their property so he can make the money off of developing it.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2005, 10:35:29 PM »

It went much further than that.

On Dred Scott v. Sanford:
"How did [Supreme Court Justice] Taney know that slave ownership was a constitutional right?  Such a right is nowhere to be found in the Constitution.  He knew it because he was passionately convinced that it must be a constitutional right.  Though his transformation of the due process clause from a procedural to a substantive requirement was an obvious sham, it was a momentous sham, for this was the first appearance in American constitutional law of the concept of 'substantive due process,' and that concept has been used countless times since by judges who want to write their personal beliefs into a document that, most inconveniently, does not contain those beliefs." - Robert Bork
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2005, 11:53:47 PM »

It went much further than that.

On Dred Scott v. Sanford:
"How did [Supreme Court Justice] Taney know that slave ownership was a constitutional right?  Such a right is nowhere to be found in the Constitution.  He knew it because he was passionately convinced that it must be a constitutional right.  Though his transformation of the due process clause from a procedural to a substantive requirement was an obvious sham, it was a momentous sham, for this was the first appearance in American constitutional law of the concept of 'substantive due process,' and that concept has been used countless times since by judges who want to write their personal beliefs into a document that, most inconveniently, does not contain those beliefs." - Robert Bork

And here I am thinking that in Robert Bork's America blacks would be sitting at segregated lunch counters.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies