Do you want to have kids? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:29:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you want to have kids? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes/Already do

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: Do you want to have kids?  (Read 9632 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: September 16, 2016, 09:41:24 AM »

?!

I'm guessing that this is how you say myopic in English English.  

In Yankee English shortsighted means something very different, and the statement looks strange.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 04:51:58 PM »

But I'm sure I'm not the only person who sees the similarity between being around small children, and being the only sober adult in a group of drunk people. 

You might be.  I have no idea what it might be like to be the only sober adult in a group of drunk people.  If people are drunk, then booze must be available, so why would anyone be sober under those conditions.

That said, I voted no in the poll. 

As a rule, children are annoying, especially when you're drunk.  Even one is annoying, especially when you have to stay sober because you're his ride home.  There have been some I really like.  My cousin's daughter who lived with us for about a year when I was a teenager was very charming, and my son, in his better moments, is loads of fun to hang out with.  I certainly don't want to sire any more.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 09:57:11 AM »

I've made this point to people for years, but stick big hair and a bigger moustache on Patrick Stewart damn if he doesn't look like Ramsay MacDonald. C'mon there's a biopic just waiting to happen right there.

possibly, but with big hair and a moustache, Captain Kirk looks like Ron Jeremy.  Now there's an interesting biopic just waiting to happen.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 03:20:51 PM »

Even I don't know what this thread is any more, or if it's an improvement.

I agree.  Kirk had only three seasons to develop his character, whereas Picard had seven.  Not to mention higher-tech gaffing and makeup.  Also, Picard was able to study Kirk whereas Kirk had no precedent.  Kirk is the George Washington of starship captains.

The comparisons are silly.

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 12:07:29 PM »

But he didn't like children, and had a plastic heart with a faulty valve because of barfight with some naussicaans who cheated in a game of domjot.

On the other hand, Kirk would probably not be an ideal role model either.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies