Do you want to have kids? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:10:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you want to have kids? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Huh
Yes/Already do

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 93

Author Topic: Do you want to have kids?  (Read 9619 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 17, 2016, 07:43:59 AM »

Holy crap guys, calm down.  People that don't like kids are broken, we shouldn't make fun of them.

(don't get me wrong, kids are loud, annoying and selfish... some people just don't like the competition)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 07:39:44 AM »

You know, it is possible to be a dad that, call me crazy, is equal (or greater) than mom when it comes to taking care of the kids.  Sure, a lot of dad's don't, but a lot of dads do too.

I don't know why you'd think you wouldn't be expected to take care of any kids you might have.  Did something change since I was a young dad?  It was certainly expected that I would help with the kids, and I did.  I've changed thousands of diapers, walked kids to school hundreds of times, driven them thousands of times, never said I was "babysitting" when mom was away.

Millennials get stranger everyday.  It's like we're going backwards sometimes.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 11:26:50 AM »

I'd rather have Picard as a dad.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 07:38:34 AM »

That pretty much proves my point doesn't it?  Husbands only do about a half an hour less house work than wives....I'd bet they are away from the house more than the wife too.  Probably a lot more than a half an hour/day on average.  So as a percentage of their time at home, they are likely doing more work in the home, on average, than wives.  (unless all of that is factored in, which I would doubt, but I'd be willing to be surprised...and they don't seem to even be counting "husband" chores at all...and aHA!, from the actual study
You must be logged in to read this quote.
and that's just counting women and men that go to work, and since more men work than women....yeah.  Women still clearly do more work around the house than men, but when you factor work NOT around the house in, the numbers swing the other way.  Men are doing more around the house than ever, and more women are working outside the house than ever.....these are both good things (or at least, not necessarily bad things).

But at 22, nobody should be encouraging a person to have kids, man or woman....or settle down to a contract laden monogamous relationship.  Enjoy yourself, you (likely) have plenty of time to have kids and get married.  Between my 21 and 22 birthdays I got married, joined the Air Force and had a kid.  I should have only done the middle of those things (if any of them).  If it works for you (and it obviously does for many many people), that's great.  For most of us, it doesn't.

(on the other hand, having kids young means they'll be out of the house while you still have a little tread on the tires.....this is a good thing too that I'm already starting to enjoy.  My youngest is almost 15 and I'm only 43, he'll be out of the house before I turn 50.  People that waited until their 30s to have kids don't get that luxury.  My first wife is also 43 just had a kid with husband number 3 (one son with each husband..weird), I can't freaking imagine being the parent responsible for a newborn at this point in my life.  She'll be 61 when he graduates HighSchool....that's nuts!)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies