ATLAS: "Political Hall of Fame"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:15:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ATLAS: "Political Hall of Fame"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ATLAS: "Political Hall of Fame"  (Read 2642 times)
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 28, 2005, 04:32:25 PM »

I was wondering who would be interested in creating a "Political Hall of Fame" for the Atlas consisting of retired/very inactive posters who contributed to the game.

Anyone else think this could be a fun idea?
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 04:34:17 PM »

Boss Tweed, Demrepdan, Nym90, Supersoulty, and Andrew, even though the latter two are still relatively active.

I think it was those five that really helped fantasy elections get on its feet.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 04:36:26 PM »

Boss Tweed, Demrepdan, Nym90, Supersoulty, and Andrew, even though the latter two are still relatively active.

I think it was those five that really helped fantasy elections get on its feet.

I didn't help?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 04:40:38 PM »

We should have a committee, and they can put people up for a public vote. If the person recieves more than 75% in the poll, they are in the Hall. Every three months we'd have a vote.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 04:49:17 PM »

We should have a committee, and they can put people up for a public vote. If the person recieves more than 75% in the poll, they are in the Hall. Every three months we'd have a vote.

I essentially agree with that. Another system I was considering was having a commitee of five and each person will nominate a different candidate and then the commitee of 5 will each vote for 3 of the candidates to get inducted into the hall of fame.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 04:50:31 PM »

I'll only support it if John is a member of it.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2005, 04:51:50 PM »

Heh, acctually, I had thoughts about colaborating with some people on a Founding Fathers for Atlasia.  Anyone ever see this on the History Channel.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2005, 04:55:19 PM »

I essentially agree with that. Another system I was considering was having a commitee of five and each person will nominate a different candidate and then the commitee of 5 will each vote for 3 of the candidates to get inducted into the hall of fame.
I would also recomend we get relatively new people that weren't around to experience the trivial fueds of the day to serve on the committee like Colin, Me, or SamSpade
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2005, 05:00:06 PM »

I would also recomend we get relatively new people that weren't around to experience the trivial fueds of the day to serve on the committee like Colin, Me, or SamSpade

I agree with having a mix of newer and older posters but I wouldn't limit ourselves to just the newer ones.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2005, 05:02:31 PM »

I consider myself a newer poster, and my view is that if I've actually heard of some of the people that you've mentioned, then they're worth recognizing.  The people that actually did good stuff, that is.  Wink
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2005, 05:05:38 PM »

I consider myself a newer poster, and my view is that if I've actually heard of some of the people that you've mentioned, then they're worth recognizing.  The people that actually did good stuff, that is.  Wink

I think this post spurs on the need to create the Founding Fathers series.  We are forgeting our past and where we came from.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2005, 05:10:22 PM »

See my "Statesman Park" Bill.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2005, 05:10:38 PM »

I think this post spurs on the need to create the Founding Fathers series.  We are forgeting our past and where we came from.

I think it'd be good to appoint an offcial Atlasian Historian. The first person appointed of course would have it the hardest but the rest of them would just keep track of the important happenings and individuals and put them all in a single thread.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2005, 05:11:31 PM »

And this commitee would be appointed how?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 05:27:28 PM »

This could be an informal committee appointed by the President. I don't think that it is necessary for the Senate to spend time on passing a bill or resolution on this matter.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 05:28:26 PM »

This could be an informal committee appointed by the President. I don't think that it is necessary for the Senate to spend time on passing a bill or resolution on this matter.
As long as none of the dimwits got on.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 05:44:23 PM »

I don't think the committee should be the only ones deciding, it's for Atlasia, not a select group of people on the committee. They would be more for organizational purposes and selecting candidates to be on the ballot, which would be anyone with any hope at all.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 06:12:01 PM »

What if we set up a committee of 5 and together they nominate 10 candidates, which are voted on by the public; every nominee that receives 75% of the vote makes it in the Hall of Fame?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 06:31:57 PM »

What if we set up a committee of 5 and together they nominate 10 candidates, which are voted on by the public; every nominee that receives 75% of the vote makes it in the Hall of Fame?

I don't want a set number, because it may force lackluster candidates onto the ballot and keep good ones off. The committee shouldn't be making too many hard decisions, and a number limit would force them to.
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 06:36:06 PM »

I don't want a set number, because it may force lackluster candidates onto the ballot and keep good ones off. The committee shouldn't be making too many hard decisions, and a number limit would force them to.

Maybe if 3 or 4 of the 5 then agreed to place someone on the ballot, then put it to a public vote then.
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 08:50:49 PM »

Nym and Fritz are the two most deserving candidates I can think of off the top of my head.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2005, 10:25:43 PM »

No one's mentioned me....Sad  But I've been quite involved in Atlasia from start to finish.  First as VP, then senator, some of the time PPT, then running for pres, then being SE Lotto Commssioner, then to attorney general, SE Governor, running for president again....Over the past 16 months I've been in office for at least 15 of those months, and never have been off the radar.
It'll be interesting to see if I make it in or not...it would provide evidence in either direction on the existence of the FEC.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2005, 10:28:47 PM »

I agree.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2005, 10:42:53 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2005, 10:57:27 PM by Supersoulty »

If it helps any, I envisioned the following "Founding Fathers" for Atlasia:

Nym90
Demrepdan
Statesrights
Christopher Michael
Harry
Supersoulty
Htmldon
Boss Tweed
Jravensbo
(though he was not around for long, this was his idea)

Anyothers anyone can think of?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2005, 10:52:52 PM »

If it helps any, I envisioned the following "Founding Fathers" for Atlasia:

Nym90
Demrepdan
Statesrights
Harry
Supersoulty
Htmldon
Boss Tweed
Jravensbo
(though he was not around for long, this was his idea)

Anyothers anyone can think of?
Christopher Michael
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies