Iran and Syria: Red Alert or Red Herring? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:08:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Iran and Syria: Red Alert or Red Herring? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Iran and Syria: Red Alert or Red Herring?  (Read 547 times)
Buffalo Bill
« on: September 15, 2016, 03:00:36 PM »

Iran is dependent on Syria.  The question is how big of a threat is Syria?  As president I would work with Israel towards a nuclear energy agreement with Iran starting with negotiations.  If these didn't work sanctions would be placed on the Iranians.  I think our goal should be preventing, not containing Iran from having nuclear weapons.  Keep in mind Iran's Revolutionary Guard isn't terrorism so at this point I'd view military force as a bad idea. 

As for Syria, I'd also work with Israel to pressure Assad to leave.  In the mean time I'd place sanctions until he steps down and WMD's are dismantled.  To help Syrians through these times, we need to speed up humanitarian aid.  Food and water are essential to an oppressed people.  Continue to bring them to the U.S. if needed as well.  Iran's isolation will increase when Syria and Bashar al-Assad fall and their threat will be lessened.  Right now Assad is the biggest problem and the only country I'd place sanctions on at least at the moment.

Buffalo Bill
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 06:07:23 PM »

As in you agree?
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 07:07:38 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2016, 07:12:39 PM by Buffalo Bill »

Assad must go and yes that's what I meant to say.  Let's take the refugees into our nation and supply humanitarian aid in the mean time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies