Bysh's 50 state approval ratings from SUSA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 01:45:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bysh's 50 state approval ratings from SUSA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Bysh's 50 state approval ratings from SUSA  (Read 4563 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2005, 10:09:56 PM »

Yes, and the growth of non-defense, non- homeland security discretionary spending has declined.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
They spend less on health care and have longer life expectancies.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Over the next 75 years, The Bush tax cuts cost several times the projected SS shortfall. Enough said. You Republicans don't really give a sh**t about making things fiscally sound, Bush turned an $87 per year surplus into $600+ billion a year deficits.
[/quote]
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2005, 10:10:57 PM »

It's 48% job approval among likely voters, at a time of Social Security doubts, Iraq violence, and high gas prices. And in two years, at least two of those will probably be over. Certainly in four.

1. Why would people's trust of Bush on SS increase?
2. Iraq isn't getting better
3. Gas isn't getting cheaper, ever hear of peak oil?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2005, 10:15:15 PM »

Everything you've posted has been addressed, hundreds of times if not thousands. Posting "you lose" after repeating something really dumb for the thousandth time and ignoring what the other person said doesn't help your argument.

Come back when you aren't a total idiot.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2005, 10:16:22 PM »

Everything you've posted has been addressed, hundreds of times if not thousands. Posting "you lose" after repeating something really dumb for the thousandth time and ignoring what the other person said doesn't help your argument.

Come back when you aren't a total idiot.

Non-defense discretionary spending is obviously increasing faster than under the Clinton adminstration. That's why you lose. Nice of you to ignore my logical argument.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2005, 10:19:04 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2005, 10:55:54 PM »

Troll
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2005, 12:18:05 AM »

Well, there you go!  As I suspected, dunderheads returning to being duped is extremely likely.

"Dunderheads"?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2005, 01:05:55 AM »

I got to say I honestly think these polls are wrong.  Bush cannot be at 40 percent approval in Ohio. lower 40's maybe, mid 40's probably, but not 40. 

I actually wouldn't be all that suprsied.  Ohio is still having tough times economically not to mention the Social Security ( Bush's approval rankings on Social Security nationwide are really bad) & it probably makes things worse for Bush economically in a state that is still having a real tough time economically
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2005, 02:54:21 AM »

I got to say I honestly think these polls are wrong.  Bush cannot be at 40 percent approval in Ohio. lower 40's maybe, mid 40's probably, but not 40. 

I actually wouldn't be all that suprsied.  Ohio is still having tough times economically not to mention the Social Security ( Bush's approval rankings on Social Security nationwide are really bad) & it probably makes things worse for Bush economically in a state that is still having a real tough time economically

Keeping gays from getting married or "protecting the unborn" is really important to Ohio voters.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2005, 07:45:37 AM »

Personally, I think GOP's 72 hour plan was so successful in 2004 that it was like putting someone on crack: for about 3 days, the state of Ohio was actually deluded into voting for an incumbent that had screwed them over big time, and now that all the battle-harded young "rangers" and "pioneers" are gone they are waking up to it like a washed up sailor with a hangover.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2005, 08:14:20 AM »

Personally, I think you probably know quite a lot about crack.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2005, 08:29:24 AM »

Who is Bysh? Is he Evan Bayhs cousin or something?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2005, 09:05:34 AM »

Who is Bysh? Is he Evan Bayhs cousin or something?

Wink

ATFFL
Junior Chimp
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2005, 11:10:54 AM »

37    Ohio    Bush    40%    57%
41    Nevada    Bush    38%    57%

Those ones are kind of weird, to say the least.

1 in 20 and all that.

Yeah, there's that 1 in 20 chance that it's only 43% disapprove, 54% approve in Ohio.

Let me explain this again, since it seems to have not fixed itself anywhere between your ears.

If a poll is conducted perfectly, there is still a 5% chance that the result is outside the margin of error.

For all we know Bush could have a 60% favorability rating in Ohio, or a 20%.

And that is if the poll is conducted properly.  If they have a heavy oversampling of Democrats or Republicans we don't need to worry about that 5% and can chuck it out the window.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2005, 11:14:13 AM »

Keeping gays from getting married or "protecting the unborn" is really important to Ohio voters.

And that's why you'll continue to lose there. Have a good day.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »

Who is Bysh?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2005, 11:53:31 AM »

Liberal Answer to Everything #1

"People are stupid.  If they weren't so dupped all of the time, Republicans would lose".

Liberal Answer to Everything #2

"It's a conspiracy, probably involving Bush, Haliburton or the CIA".
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2005, 12:00:18 PM »

54% of the people in Minnesota are anti-Bush, and yet Republicans think a Senate candidate who votes with him on everything and is just a complete Bushbot is a shoo-in.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2005, 12:09:24 PM »

Republicans really have no more cards to play. If they just admitted they think Bush is screwing up big time, but that they are still proud to be Republican I wouldn't complain. You can spin polls and economic statistics around as much as you want the plain fact is Bush could sprout devil horns and he would still be loved by a large percentage of the American populace.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2005, 12:13:24 PM »

Republicans really have no more cards to play. If they just admitted they think Bush is screwing up big time, but that they are still proud to be Republican I wouldn't complain. You can spin polls and economic statistics around as much as you want the plain fact is Bush could sprout devil horns and he would still be loved by a large percentage of the American populace.

The problem is, most of the stuff isn't "Bush," but since he's in power, it's his responsibility.  Personally, I put a lot of the blame on Congress as a whole, and think most of them should be cleaned out and replaced with new people.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2005, 12:18:11 PM »

Bush is doing a great job, as are most Republicans in Congress, the RINOs being notable exceptions.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2005, 12:24:50 PM »

The problem is, most of the stuff isn't "Bush," but since he's in power, it's his responsibility.  Personally, I put a lot of the blame on Congress as a whole, and think most of them should be cleaned out and replaced with new people.

I actually have difficulty deciding who is worse, Bush or Congress. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's ratings are even lower but, as to whether, this will translate to Democratic succcess in the mid-terms I don't know bearing in mind there are relatively few competitive districts. On the other hand,  voters' could see Democrats as being 'obstructionists'

A Democratic President, like Truman, would have had a field day with this Congress - but Bush can't exactly beat up on fellow Republicans. True, he can blame Democrats, but will it work to his advantage?

The thing is with Bush - the only thing I agree with him on (i.e. Iraq) seems to be significant factor working against him for the moment - but the great pendulum that is public opinion may swing back in his favour before the mid-terms

Dave

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2005, 12:31:59 PM »

Well, the problem is that incumbents tend to have high ratings, and the Congress as a whole low ratings, especially when people are stressed about something. In this case, Iraq.

Obviously the answer is to instead try to frame the debate on domestic issues.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2005, 12:39:53 PM »

Well, the problem is that incumbents tend to have high ratings, and the Congress as a whole low ratings, especially when people are stressed about something. In this case, Iraq.

Obviously the answer is to instead try to frame the debate on domestic issues.

Except that, with the singular exception of the 2001 tax cuts, Bush stinks on domestic issues.

I do agree that Bush, for the past five years, slumps during spring and early summer, only to rebound around late August.

Until then, Bush should do just enough to keep the leftwing media circus at bay, but not expose the full public relations assault until Fall, when people naturally begin to pay attention to politics more.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2005, 12:44:25 PM »

The 2003 tax cut was better.

Anyway, he should push to make his tax cuts permanent. Then focus on tax reform when his panel makes it recommendations this fall.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies