What has hurt Hillary more?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:08:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What has hurt Hillary more?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What has hurt Hillary more?
"basket of deplorables"

pneumonia incident

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: What has hurt Hillary more?  (Read 746 times)
Angel of Death
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2016, 03:49:59 PM »

If you actually think neither has hurt, then just read it as "helped less".
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 03:58:12 PM »

Of course her rasist remark about "Deplorables". I doubt that her health would increase entusiasm among Trumps supporters. Am I Right?
elcorazon

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 04:03:15 PM »

the pneumonia incident had two negatives - 1) the visual looked bad - it allowed the incident to go beyond those closely following the election; 2) it fed into the narrative that she lies and hides the truth - especially bad because it had been brought up specifically by Republicans and denied by the campaign.
I think it'll mostly be forgotten assuming she is in good shape soon, but for the moment I actually think it will have an impact on the polls today. I'm not sure it's even in the numbers we see now though. The deplorables comment is just starting to be in them.
I am hoping both incidents pretty much fade as the realities set in.
Panda Express

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 04:15:05 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2016, 09:09:23 PM by Vox Populi »

I never thought the basket comment would really hurt her,  but when I got the news alert on my phone that Hillary fainted, I knew it would be bad.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 04:20:04 PM »

She lied about pneumonia saying it was allergies.  Then said it was the "heat" when it was only 31% humidity.  Her diagnosis was pneumonia.  Now her husband is trying to make us think it's the flu.
ill ind

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 05:15:52 PM »

Neither

She's all around a poor candidate.  She and her organization have not brought their 'A' game to the campaign in a long time, while Trump's campaign seems to have learned from their mistakes
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 05:17:55 PM »

Neither. Trump just hasn't said anything too crazy lately.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 06:20:39 PM »

She lied about pneumonia saying it was allergies.  Then said it was the "heat" when it was only 31% humidity.  Her diagnosis was pneumonia.  Now her husband is trying to make us think it's the flu.

Heat and humidity are different--it can be just as hot, even in the 70s, without humidity. Especially if one is being stubborn and not drinking water.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 06:47:57 PM »

Of course her rasist remark about "Deplorables". I doubt that her health would increase entusiasm among Trumps supporters. Am I Right?

That's a racist remark, but Trump calling out a lone black supporter as "my African American over here" isn't? Or saying an Indiana-born judge can't do his job because of his Mexican heritage isn't?

How long do you have?  I can go on and on here.  "Deplorables" takes into account no race.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 06:58:41 PM »

That's a racist remark, but Trump calling out a lone black supporter as "my African American over here" isn't? Or saying an Indiana-born judge can't do his job because of his Mexican heritage isn't?

How long do you have?  I can go on and on here.  "Deplorables" takes into account no race.

Those remarks somehow qualify Hillary for the white house?  She rode on her husband's back as first lady being handed assignments of privilege.  Then she ran for senator as a carpet bagger in one of the bluest states.  For re-election she practically ran unopposed.  During her 8 years in the senate I don't think she sponsored any legislation to become law.  As secretary of state she ruined the safety of our nation by not protecting her e-mails and not paying attention to Benghazi. 
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 06:59:59 PM »

I never thought the basket comment would really her,  but when I got the news memo on my phone that Hillary fainted, I knew it would be bad.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 07:09:34 PM »

I never thought the basket comment would really her,  but when I got the news memo on my phone that Hillary fainted, I knew it would be bad.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 07:13:34 PM »

Only deplorable people care about the first one, so option #2 by default.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 07:19:48 PM »

This will soon be forgotten and once we get to the debates, Hillary will surge again.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 07:35:37 PM »

This will soon be forgotten and once we get to the debates, Hillary will surge again.

If that's what you think...
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 08:23:11 PM »

The fainting/pneumonia fortifies the Trumpism that Clinton is not healthy enough for the job, and the lies regarding her illness reassert her image as an indefensible liar.

Neither

She's all around a poor candidate.  She and her organization have not brought their 'A' game to the campaign in a long time, while Trump's campaign seems to have learned from their mistakes
Neither. Trump just hasn't said anything too crazy lately.

Both excellent points.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 09:04:41 PM »

Other -her insistence on 'privacy' and obsessive secrecy.  I get that she is trying to hold on to whatever remains of her private life after decades in the public eye, but once you've become as controversial as she has over the years, the best way to fight allegations of scandals and cover-ups is full transparency in all things, especially her health.

Has she learned nothing since her days as First Lady?  
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies