Democrats, how worried are you?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:33:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats, how worried are you?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democrats, how worried are you?  (Read 815 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2016, 04:44:16 PM »

I am not worried at all because I think this is Trump's highest point he will ever reach and then he will collapse shortly after the debates. So as I said, if you like seeing Trump ahead, better enjoy it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 04:45:40 PM »

I'm not a Democrat, but I'm extremely worried.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 04:46:08 PM »

It's been a stressful few days, but we'll see what happens. Agree this is a low point right now. Also I like that Clinton seems to be recalibration her message a little after "reflection"
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 04:46:35 PM »

I mean he's enjoying a great confluence of events boosting his candidacy and he still can't manage a national polling lead. Polling this cycle has been, well, cyclical, so I'm not concerned overly much. Hopefully the tightening combats any tendency from Democrats to get complacent in the lead up to election day.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 04:46:50 PM »

He's going to point towards Hillary's arrogance, the mysterious deaths throughout her husband's administration, and her support for the Iraq War.  Clinton doesn't have the temperament to handle it.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 04:47:22 PM »

Polls go up and they go down, but Clinton has almost always been in the lead.

I am not worried.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 04:49:32 PM »

Ah listen to them try to rationalize this.  Polls go up and down?  I didn't hear Democrats saying that when she led Sanders by 60 points a year ago. 
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 04:54:26 PM »

I quote Nate again

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If it is a new normal, the debates won't help, if Trump doesn't come drunk and starts to hit Hillary Cheesy
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 04:59:15 PM »

The overreaction of Hillary supporters on this forum to a couple days of bad polling is almost as unbearable as the hard-on Trump supporters have right now. Seriously, guys, it should take more than this to get worried.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 05:00:25 PM »

The overreaction of Hillary supporters on this forum to a couple days of bad polling is almost as unbearable as the hard-on Trump supporters have right now. Seriously, guys, it should take more than this to get worried.

Nate Silver:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 05:00:46 PM »

Their hard-on is unbearable?  In what way?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 05:02:07 PM »

Happy. It only confirms the need to get everyone out and fighting the good fight.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 05:02:32 PM »

Ah listen to them try to rationalize this.  Polls go up and down?  I didn't hear Democrats saying that when she led Sanders by 60 points a year ago. 

Primaries have always been more volatile than general elections, where massive sections of the electorate are locked in for one candidate or another. This general election, especially, has seen a cyclic pattern, where polls shift between roughly C+8 and roughly a tie every several weeks.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 05:05:01 PM »

Primaries have always been more volatile than general elections, where massive sections of the electorate are locked in for one candidate or another. This general election, especially, has seen a cyclic pattern, where polls shift between roughly C+8 and roughly a tie every several weeks.

Yes and not until Trump has been up by a few have Democrats decided to acknowledge that.  Notice how they're suddenly saying "they go up and down."  You'd think she'd already locked up the election last year.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 05:08:20 PM »

This general election, especially, has seen a cyclic pattern, where polls shift between roughly C+8 and roughly a tie every several weeks.
^this
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 05:09:38 PM »

This general election, especially, has seen a cyclic pattern, where polls shift between roughly C+8 and roughly a tie every several weeks.
^this
It is not true.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 05:10:58 PM »

Yes and not until Trump has been up by a few have Democrats decided to acknowledge that.  Notice how they're suddenly saying "they go up and down."  You'd think she'd already locked up the election last year.
Nope. I have been saying the same thing even before the RNC.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 05:11:51 PM »

I've heard nothing from Democrats other than bragging about the polls for a year.  Now they're whining about unfairness in the media.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 05:13:33 PM »

Not worried that much. I will wait for the first debate's polling effects before I make any decision to start being worried or not.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 05:14:31 PM »

Not worried that much. I will wait for the first debate's polling effects before I make any decision to start being worried or not.

First debates are what matter the most out of the three. 
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 05:14:57 PM »

I've heard nothing from Democrats other than bragging about the polls for a year.  Now they're whining about unfairness in the media.
Nope.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 05:18:43 PM »

Interesting how much this poster knows about what we've been doing for the past year, when he's allegedly only been on the forum for a couple of days. Hmmmmm...
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 05:19:52 PM »

Interesting how much this poster knows about what we've been doing for the past year, when he's allegedly only been on the forum for a couple of days. Hmmmmm...

I've known Democrats all my life.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2016, 05:20:35 PM »

Lol. So true.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2016, 05:20:54 PM »

He's going to point towards Hillary's arrogance, the mysterious deaths throughout her husband's administration, and her support for the Iraq War.  Clinton doesn't have the temperament to handle it.

The people that believe the Clinton conspiracy theories are people who would never vote for any democrat, ever. Most Republicans I've known didn't even believe them. I do think her support for Iraq has the potential to come back to bite, especially if she fails to properly illustrate that Trump was also in favor.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies