If the election was held today, who would win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:30:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  If the election was held today, who would win?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Skip
Trump

Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: If the election was held today, who would win?  (Read 2681 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2016, 04:53:56 PM »

With the recent polling, if Election Day was held today who'd win?
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 04:54:47 PM »

Clinton would win but we don't really have polling lately because there's been a few polls with Trump leading.  Polls are really only taken much when Democrats are winning.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 04:57:25 PM »

Sabato said if Trump released his taxes and made the pivot towards moderation on immigration sooner he could of been in better position but CLINTON is still favorite
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 04:57:42 PM »

Trump by about 3-4 nationally (he's probably up about 1-2 right now in the polls judging from very recent national and state polls, and I think there will be a 2-point "shy Trump" effect)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 05:00:14 PM »

Trump wins PV by a minuscule Martin. Clinton wins EV, 279-259 (freiwal minus IA plus VA). Republicans keep Senate and House. All hell breaks loose.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 05:06:32 PM »

Clinton would just squeak by, although a Trump win wouldn't be out of the question. Fortunately, there are these things called "debates," in which there's at least a small expectation for candidates to talk about something of substance.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 05:06:57 PM »

Trump wins in the Electoral College, Clinton wins the PV.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 05:07:58 PM »

Trump
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 05:16:55 PM »

Trump wins in the Electoral College, Clinton wins the PV.

I can honestly see the opposite being more likely if you end up with absurdly high turnout in conservative-leaning states.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 05:34:00 PM »

Trump is up 8 in IA, but only 7 in TX?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 11:43:30 PM »

Undecideds would swing Clinton. Firewall minus IA, and maybe Me-2.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 05:21:04 AM »

Tossup, lean Clinton because of the freiwal. Clinton in the PV by a point
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 05:30:38 AM »

Hillary would win

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D-NY)/Senator Tim Kaine (D-VA): 307 EV. (48.93%)
Businessman Donald J. Trump (R-NY)/Governor Mike Pence (R-IN): 231 EV. (45.04%)
Former Governor Gary E. Johnson (L-NM)/Former Governor William Weld (L-NM): 0 EV. (5.60%)
StatesPoll
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 05:44:20 AM »

Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 08:19:52 AM »

#272freiwal

KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 08:41:24 AM »

Really narrow Clinton win in PV, less than 300 EVs.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 08:46:37 AM »

Still Hillary, though it'll be closer than it needs to be.

I stated this on AAD and it's been said here on Atlas I'm sure but I feel like a close Hillary win might be even worse for the country than a Trump win. Trumpism won't be discredited, they'll be enthused and more aggressive, and I'm pretty sure Trump will be a terrible President no matter what so that'll calm down all the Trumpies after 2020.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 08:48:49 AM »

Clinton by a whisker.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 08:57:37 AM »

I stated this on AAD and it's been said here on Atlas I'm sure but I feel like a close Hillary win might be even worse for the country than a Trump win. Trumpism won't be discredited, they'll be enthused and more aggressive, and I'm pretty sure Trump will be a terrible President no matter what so that'll calm down all the Trumpies after 2020.

Yes, I'm increasingly convinced now that whichever party wins this election will be shut out of the federal government for a generation after 2020.  They are both that bad.

Lol, calm down.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 09:13:06 AM »

Clinton, with Kerry like wins in PA, WI and slightly larger wins in NH, MI, VA, CO.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 09:33:18 AM »

Yes, I'm increasingly convinced now that whichever party wins this election will be shut out of the federal government for a generation after 2020.  They are both that bad.

Lol, calm down.

It's not as if that hasn't happened before. Then again, just before 9/11, it looked like Democrats were making a comeback though it seemed that they grossly under-performed in 2000 despite retaking the Senate. But after 9/11, it looked like Democrats would be locked out of the Government for a generation and it looked that way for five years straight. After the Housing Market it looked like Republicans would be locked out for a generation, but they steadily recovered. I would say it would immediately look very bad for who loses.

If Clinton wins, it will tell Republicans that they have already been locked out of the Presidency for nearly a generation and that they can't run a good candidate because they run on either deviant or old platforms. However, they will still have most of the power down ballot and can afford to wait until they have someone who is both conservative and not boring. So nothing changes if Clinton wins.

If Trump wins, this would be JJ's "deluge" he has been warning about for the last 10 years. It will probably mean that Democrats are now the insurgent party pretty much everywhere. It will also mean that Democrats have run possibly the worst campaign against the worst candidate possibly ever, definitely since WWII and probably since Reconstruction. They will basically have to start over. This is kind of where Republicans were in 2009.

After that, all depends on what the next steps are with the economy and what we do with Syria, Libya, Iran, China, North Korea and Russia. Obama has stabilized the economy, but it's very conservative. That could be because technology that grows productivity is very conservative right now. The world is more unstable but arguable American influence has expanded into some places that were resisting it but haven't been able to capitalize on it as much as we could.

If things stay roughly the same if Trump wins, there will probably be a minor recession and he will probably lose the house and narrowly keep the senate, but reelected but lose the Senate in 2022.

If he as bad as people say he is going to be, he is going to be a one-term pony provided Democrats can form a party without old DLC-ers or with people that have been known for years. I really don't know of any Democrats that are experienced or charismatic yet to beat him. So that is something.

The only way Trumpism really has any staying power is that we still have 5% or lower U6 in 2020 and we are not at war or are winning a war.
Clinton, with Kerry like wins in PA, WI and slightly larger wins in NH, MI, VA, CO.
This is probably what I see if Clinton wins. With a Trump win being 2004, but with the margins of NV, CO, FL being in the 0-3 range and OH,FL,IA being in the 3-6 range. NM, VA and WI,PA could switch.

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 10:05:01 AM »

The Trumpster still has no reliable path to the magic 270. This my continued position. If the election were held today, she would still win by a fairly decent margin.

✓ Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D-NY)/Senator Tim Kaine (D-VA): 322 EVs.; 50.3%
Businessman Donald Trump (R-NY)/Governor Mike Pence (R-IN): 216 EVs.; 45.6%
elcorazon

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 11:30:23 AM »

Clinton would just squeak by, although a Trump win wouldn't be out of the question. Fortunately, there are these things called "debates," in which there's at least a small expectation for candidates to talk about something of substance.
[/b]I wish
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 11:50:30 AM »

I still have faith in this country to not elect this generation's iteration of Goldwater.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 12:38:32 PM »

[/b]I wish

Most American voters wouldn't know substance if it crawled out of the screen and bit them in the nose.  The most substantive news program in the last 20 years had to be couched in satire and run on a comedy channel.

This isn't just Americans.  Millions of Britons English voted to leave the EU, then were caught googling "What is the EU?" the following morning. 

Soundbites.  Simple sentences with small words, repeated.  Slogans that make you feel good.  Member berries.  This is what wins elections now.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies