Washington Post: Blacks worry Trump has awoken a resentment that won’t go away
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:58:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Washington Post: Blacks worry Trump has awoken a resentment that won’t go away
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Washington Post: Blacks worry Trump has awoken a resentment that won’t go away  (Read 1170 times)
HillOfANight
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2016, 07:13:27 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/theres-just-been-something-in-the-atmosphere/2016/09/02/47a84f5e-7055-11e6-8365-b19e428a975e_story.html

This story really helps explain why Clinton is doing better in the polls among Black voters than Obama did against Romney.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 07:16:23 PM »

Not a more anti-Trump newspaper in the world.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 07:23:08 PM »

They're right, unfortunately.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 07:35:16 PM »

Unfortunate?  You think blacks should think differently than they do?  Are you racist?
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 07:43:32 PM »

Unfortunate?  You think blacks should think differently than they do?  Are you racist?

LOL! No, if I were racist, I'b be supporting the racist currently running. I'm saying that it's unfortunate that Trump has increased resentment and allowed people to be more vocal about their prejudice.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 08:28:28 PM »

LOL! No, if I were racist, I'b be supporting the racist currently running. I'm saying that it's unfortunate that Trump has increased resentment and allowed people to be more vocal about their prejudice.
Oh there you go again!:D Now you are being racist against white people!! Cheesy

Seriously though, between questioning people's loyalty to the United States and breeding resentment against minorities, the Trump Machine will create a problem its not ready to deal with.

What happens when they keeping tell millions of people that they are not American and they start to believe it?
AmericanNation

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 1.91

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 10:06:22 PM »

Currently, Hillary Clinton is the only candidate to make truly bigoted statements. 

Seriously it's true, let's compare:

Trump:
called people who commit rape: "rapists"   ---- not racist
said a judge might be biased against him  ---- not racist

Hillary:
at least 25 million people are "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it"... because they aren't voting for her.  --- extremely bigoted and racist
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 10:08:56 PM »

It's sad, but it's because of the division on both sides of the political spectrum. Trump has fueled some of it, but both sides have been too toxic.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 10:30:22 PM »

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 10:46:05 PM »

Unfortunate?  You think blacks should think differently than they do?  Are you racist?

Currently, Hillary Clinton is the only candidate to make truly bigoted statements.  

Trump:
called people who commit rape: "rapists"   ---- not racist
said a judge might be biased against him  ---- not racist

Hillary:
at least 25 million people are "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it"... because they aren't voting for her.  --- extremely bigoted and racist

Do all your posts follow flawed logic?

On the rapist insult: A subset of those people commit rape, that does not make the whole set rapists. Calling the whole racial set rapists for the subset is actually racist.

On the judge: The second claim is intellectually dishonest about what Trump said. Trump said the judge is biased against him because he's of Mexican heritage. In other words, he questioned the judge's ability to perform his job based on his ethnic origins. That is ALSO racist. Even Paul Ryan admitted it as "textbook racism."

On Hillary's claims: A PPP poll found that over 50% of Trump's supporters believed that Obama was born outside of the U.S. In other words, they believed birtherism, which was founded on the racist notion of delegitimizing a Black president who was American-born through and through.

I'll tell you why it's not racist. It's not racist because it was a statement of Trump supporters (not voters either, read: BASE). Those could be of any race, ethnicity; it doesn't matter. It's not a racist statement because it doesn't refer to or target any particular race in any way, regardless of the race of the majority of Trump's supporters.

I'll tell you why it's not bigoted. Calling out putrid beliefs like birtherism for what it is, is not bigoted in the slightest either. Hillary very carefully targeted belief systems (all the phobias she mentioned) and not people.

Now, if you believe it is somehow White culture to adhere to these, and therefore because of that Hillary is racist and bigoted, then you are the one who is actually racist.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 10:48:41 PM »

Ignore him, Arch. The man is literally a white nationalist and has repeatedly proven so in his posting history.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 10:50:02 PM »

Ignore him, Arch. The man is literally a white nationalist and has repeatedly proven so in his posting history.

Oh, I didn't know. I think this is the first time I've seen him.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 05:24:30 AM »

Unfortunate?  You think blacks should think differently than they do?  Are you racist?

Trump:
called people who commit rape just as often as anyone else: "rapists"   ---- not racist
said a judge might be biased against him because of his ethnicity  ---- not racist

Hillary:
at least 25 million people are "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it"... because they aren't voting for her are voting for a bigot out of bigotry.  --- extremely bigoted and racist Mostly wrong and a mistake
fixed
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 05:42:11 AM »

Ehhh? Huh

Clinton has worse/same margins than/as Obama
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 07:45:19 AM »

It's at least very close. Wasn't a poll that showed Trump ahead by 2 also showed him at 6-7% with AAs?
In 2004, W finished 2.5 ahead and was at like 11%.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »

Trump is polling at literally 1-2% of the AA vote....
HillOfANight
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 08:51:00 AM »

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-in-fourth-place-among-black-voters/

Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 09:11:22 AM »

It's sad, but it's because of the division on both sides of the political spectrum. Trump has fueled some of it, but both sides have been too toxic.

You aren't supposed to tell the truth. It's not politically correct or pro-Merica.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 09:16:13 AM »

Yeah, but we were talking about margins, weren't we?

From the same article (538)

On average:
Trump   2%
Clinton 86%

Clinton +84%,         in 2012: Obama +87%

Even if Trump would get 0%, he would doing better compared to Obama vs Romney...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 09:37:47 AM »

Then they'd better turn out in droves to make sure the disease doesn't spread after November.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 10:13:55 AM »

Trump:
called people who commit rape: "rapists"   ---- not racist
said a judge might be biased against him  ---- not racist

Hillary:
at least 25 million people are "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it"... because they aren't voting for her.  --- extremely bigoted and racist
Just say it: You think whites are a superior race.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 10:49:37 AM »

You aren't supposed to tell the truth. It's not politically correct or pro-Merica.

pro-Murica is just PC for Republicans.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 11:03:44 AM »

Yeah, but the those Republicans don't see it that way.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 01:10:46 PM »

Yeah, but the those Republicans don't see it that way.

That is how someone from Mars would see it. Just people who get angry when others question the source of their deductions.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 04:15:22 PM »

Maybe there's something more here that happened, but this seems like something of a stretch. Racism is far from necessary for someone to be unsympathetic and unhelpful, much less is it evidence of Trumpian influence.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies