Washington Post: Blacks worry Trump has awoken a resentment that won’t go away (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:53:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Washington Post: Blacks worry Trump has awoken a resentment that won’t go away (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Washington Post: Blacks worry Trump has awoken a resentment that won’t go away  (Read 1212 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: September 15, 2016, 10:46:05 PM »

Unfortunate?  You think blacks should think differently than they do?  Are you racist?

LOL! No, if I were racist, I'b be supporting the racist currently running. I'm saying that it's unfortunate that Trump has increased resentment and allowed people to be more vocal about their prejudice.
Currently, Hillary Clinton is the only candidate to make truly bigoted statements.  

Seriously it's true, let's compare:

Trump:
called people who commit rape: "rapists"   ---- not racist
said a judge might be biased against him  ---- not racist

Hillary:
at least 25 million people are "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it"... because they aren't voting for her.  --- extremely bigoted and racist

Do all your posts follow flawed logic?

On the rapist insult: A subset of those people commit rape, that does not make the whole set rapists. Calling the whole racial set rapists for the subset is actually racist.

On the judge: The second claim is intellectually dishonest about what Trump said. Trump said the judge is biased against him because he's of Mexican heritage. In other words, he questioned the judge's ability to perform his job based on his ethnic origins. That is ALSO racist. Even Paul Ryan admitted it as "textbook racism."

On Hillary's claims: A PPP poll found that over 50% of Trump's supporters believed that Obama was born outside of the U.S. In other words, they believed birtherism, which was founded on the racist notion of delegitimizing a Black president who was American-born through and through.

I'll tell you why it's not racist. It's not racist because it was a statement of Trump supporters (not voters either, read: BASE). Those could be of any race, ethnicity; it doesn't matter. It's not a racist statement because it doesn't refer to or target any particular race in any way, regardless of the race of the majority of Trump's supporters.

I'll tell you why it's not bigoted. Calling out putrid beliefs like birtherism for what it is, is not bigoted in the slightest either. Hillary very carefully targeted belief systems (all the phobias she mentioned) and not people.

Now, if you believe it is somehow White culture to adhere to these, and therefore because of that Hillary is racist and bigoted, then you are the one who is actually racist.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 10:50:02 PM »

Ignore him, Arch. The man is literally a white nationalist and has repeatedly proven so in his posting history.

Oh, I didn't know. I think this is the first time I've seen him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies