Trump hates health, likes salmonella
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:21:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump hates health, likes salmonella
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump hates health, likes salmonella  (Read 961 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2016, 08:13:57 PM »

http://thehill.com/regulation/healthcare/296152-trump-says-he-would-eliminate-food-safety-regulations

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Trump likes to play dice with the health of millions. Not good!
Southern Delegate matthew27
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:17:27 PM »

Sick! So pretty much make us more like India or africa. This makes this country far less great as these regulations help us have the standards of life that we enjoy. HOw the hell can anyone vote for this?

Shame on trump and anyone that would support this.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 08:19:45 PM »

Someone give Trump a copy of The Jungle, please.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 08:21:21 PM »

Sigh.
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 08:26:37 PM »

Unfortunately this will resonate with his base.  "Stop big business regulations on our food industry! Down with the FDA!"

Well, until they're getting sick and seeing their country transformed into India or Africa.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 08:28:40 PM »
« Edited: September 15, 2016, 09:16:44 PM by Spooky Mike »

Of course Trump would talk about food, he's big as a house!
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 08:40:04 PM »

Of course Trump would talk about food, he's big as house!

Maybe he'll eat some of his unregulated food and dirt some of his unregulated water. Would serve him right.

I expect this should hurt him in the polls.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 09:20:41 PM »

This is such a bad idea, but I can't remember when Trump has had any good ones so there's that. This is dangerous to everyone.
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 10:42:29 PM »

Donald Trump wants to make America third world again. HOw could anyone vote for this?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 10:43:54 PM »

Unfortunately this will resonate with his base.  "Stop big business regulations on our food industry! Down with the FDA!"

Well, until they're getting sick and seeing their country transformed into India or Africa.

It'll be Obama's fault, and further prove government can't do anything right, cut regulations and oversight, rinse and repeat.

I have no love for the Donald. This is crazy.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 12:12:52 AM »

The sort of food his base eats probably couldn't get much worse even if the FDA were left out of the equation.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 12:15:05 AM »

Will I have to start constantly worrying about my own health if I just want to go out and eat something? This is nuts!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 12:48:07 AM »

FDA food police? how dumb is this guy?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 01:10:26 AM »

The FDA literally are the food police.  But Democrats can keep calling farmers who worry about it stupid and wonder why they are losing rural America.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 01:18:58 AM »

Much like '1984,' I suspect he'd glance at it, then attempt to recreate it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 01:22:21 AM »

Much like '1984,' I suspect he'd glance at it, then attempt to recreate it.

Powerful statement.
matthew27
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 01:24:55 AM »

The FDA literally are the food police.  But Democrats can keep calling farmers who worry about it stupid and wonder why they are losing rural America.

Bs, without the FDA America would have the food standards of central America.  If Rural America wishes to be third world then they can stick their vote up there back sides.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 01:24:06 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2016, 01:28:45 PM by Maxwell »

those poor farmers, they have to make food people can actually eat without getting sick. if the shrinking-by-the-day rural america thinks that standard is too strict than I really don't care about their votes.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 02:46:05 PM »

those poor farmers, they have to make food people can actually eat without getting sick. if the shrinking-by-the-day rural america thinks that standard is too strict than I really don't care about their votes.

If you prefer our food to be grown by an ever smaller number of producers relying on tightly controlled factory farming, that's fine. But when the hollowing out of rural America is accompanied by declines in life expectancy, I question whether that is helpful to the goal of people not getting sick.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 02:46:46 PM »

Rick Perry h8ed cancer. Donald Trump loves salmonella.

Decline of the Republican Party Sad
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 02:49:17 PM »

If you prefer our food to be grown by an ever smaller number of producers relying on tightly controlled factory farming, that's fine. But when the hollowing out of rural America is accompanied by declines in life expectancy, I question whether that is helpful to the goal of people not getting sick.

Life expectancy isn't falling because we aren't getting norovirus in our bacon.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 03:02:39 PM »

try reading what I said again.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 03:08:33 PM »

Your argument appears to be more food safety --> less farmers --> more people in cities --> less life expectancy, which isn't exactly wrong, but cutting regulations isn't the way to solve it. It would be better to clean up urban areas instead of trying to do what Trump wants, which wouldn't increase health at all.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 03:24:52 PM »

Your argument appears to be more food safety --> less farmers --> more people in cities --> less life expectancy, which isn't exactly wrong, but cutting regulations isn't the way to solve it. It would be better to clean up urban areas instead of trying to do what Trump wants, which wouldn't increase health at all.

It isn't actually about more people in cities.  It's about the people who remain in rural areas not having productive livelihoods or thriving communities, and people everywhere relying on a certain type of agriculture for their food.  I'm not against some sort of food safety regulation, I'm against the way the FDA has tended to approach it, especially since the FSMA passed by Congress.
http://inthesetimes.com/rural-america/entry/19012/the-food-safety-and-modernization-act-has-consequences-for-small-farmers
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 08:37:29 PM »

It isn't actually about more people in cities.  It's about the people who remain in rural areas not having productive livelihoods or thriving communities, and people everywhere relying on a certain type of agriculture for their food.  I'm not against some sort of food safety regulation, I'm against the way the FDA has tended to approach it, especially since the FSMA passed by Congress.
http://inthesetimes.com/rural-america/entry/19012/the-food-safety-and-modernization-act-has-consequences-for-small-farmers

The biggest threat to family farms isn't regulation per se, it's that flouting regulation is to a substantial degree permitted more for large agribusiness with powerful friends in government and corps of lobbyists that family farmers lack.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies