Which races are you most nervous about?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:16:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Which races are you most nervous about?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Which races are you most nervous about?  (Read 1651 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2016, 07:02:45 PM »

Florida, of course. Rubio losing would make the evening a terrible one for me, regardless of who becomes president. I think I may have to give up on all my hopes regarding America's political future if that happens (and it's likely to happen).
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2016, 08:20:22 PM »

I'm not "nervous" about any races, but I will be very disappointed if we miss out on the hilarity that Rubio losing reelection would be.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2016, 08:25:55 PM »

IL and WI because the incumbents are awful human beings who have done anything they could to deserve obliteration.

FL because Rubio also just deserves to lose.

PA because, if McGinty loses narrowly, it will mean Democrats pathetically shot themselves in the foot by not nominating Sestak.

NV because ever since 2010 it's had the potential to become a reliably Dem State, and it's time to see it happen.

NH because I want to see Angry Women prevail.

In short - all races, which Democrats have chances to win or (NV) need to defend))). How partisan and predictable(((((

Duh. Like any sane person I want Democrats to win.

Makes sense, but nervous? I wouldn't be nervous about IL and WI at this stage because they're lost causes/sure pickups by now. Same reason I wouldn't say I'm nervous about NH, IN or NV - it will be no surprise if we lost those.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2016, 09:03:56 PM »

IL and WI because the incumbents are awful human beings who have done anything they could to deserve obliteration.

PA because, if McGinty loses narrowly, it will mean Democrats pathetically shot themselves in the foot by not nominating Sestak.

NV because ever since 2010 it's had the potential to become a reliably Dem State, and it's time to see it happen.

In short - all races, which Democrats have chances to win or (NV) need to defend))). How partisan and predictable(((((

Makes sense, but nervous? I wouldn't be nervous about IL and WI at this stage because they're lost causes/sure pickups by now. Same reason I wouldn't say I'm nervous about NH, IN or NV - it will be no surprise if we lost those.

I try not to take anything for granted, so unless the likelihood is over 95% I remain nervous about a race even when my candidate is leading.

Also, isn't IN lean-D and NV and NH basically tossups? Huh
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2016, 09:08:06 PM »

Florida, of course. Rubio losing would make the evening a terrible one for me, regardless of who becomes president. I think I may have to give up on all my hopes regarding America's political future if that happens (and it's likely to happen).
How so?
I think Hillary will end up winning Florida by a reasonable margin and given Rubio's low approval rating it doesn't seem too likely he will run ahead of Trump enough to win. Also, Murphy is a strong candidate. I don't think Rubio is going to survive this.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2016, 09:12:50 PM »

IN because the trend hasn't been good for Bayh, and AZ because I really want Kirkpatrick to win, and I feel its getting less competitive.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2016, 09:14:24 PM »

I'm feeling less and less sure about Indiana. But I'm liking the Dems chances more and more in Missouri, so I guess that helps.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2016, 11:17:56 PM »

Any person, who doesn't automatically votes straight Democratic, is insane?Huh Well - absolutely idiotic approach)))))) Thank you!))))
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2016, 11:55:29 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2016, 12:30:26 AM by smoltchanov »

Any person, who doesn't automatically votes straight Democratic, is insane?Huh Well - absolutely idiotic approach)))))) Thank you!))))

What is "))))))" supposed to mean?

Sardonic smile... Very big and broad...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2016, 01:22:19 AM »

In terms of House races, I'm nervous about AZ-01 (because Babeu is worse than terrible and it's scary that he has any chance of being elected) and CA-24 and ME-02.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2016, 10:55:19 AM »

FL - I really want Rubio to be exiled from American politics for numerous reasons, including that I see him as a threat in the future should he be their presidential nominee. I don't think Rubio has this seat locked down, but given the data right now, he is at least currently favored.

NC - I have sort of a fetish for the NCGOP & wanting them to be destroyed, so Ross is essential for that.

But Rubio is #1 here. For everything else, well, what happens happens.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2016, 11:05:15 AM »

NC Senate: Although I was not following politics as much at the time (only followed politics heavy in 2006 elections, and locally in 2014).. I was quite sad to hear Hagan lose. I have an affinity for red state Democrats. I would love Deborah Ross to win. Another Southern Republican down Smiley

MO Senate: At first it looked like Blunt would win by a single high digit margin. But suddenly this race has become competitive, and it would be quite an annoyance to see Kander lose. Losing Blunt would be fantastic, another Southern Republican down. Quite a victory for liberal Democrats to win a media-red state Senate seat in a conservative state.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2016, 11:09:24 AM »

NV-Sen and NC-Sen. I'm not worried about Florida anymore. I think it's winnable, but it won't be the deciding seat. If get we get FL-Sen early in the night, I think the House could be in play. Anyway, NV-Sen is my primary worry. I think Democrats look strong in IL-Sen, WI-Sen, PA-Sen, and NH-Sen. Gaining all of those and losing Nevada means Republican control for the next two years. I think NC-Sen is the backup for a five-seat gain. If we get five or more, Nevada becomes irrelevant to the majority so long as Hillary wins the Presidency.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2016, 11:52:39 AM »

Another House race: NY-19.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies