National Fraternal Order of Police endorse Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:31:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  National Fraternal Order of Police endorse Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: National Fraternal Order of Police endorse Trump  (Read 2744 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 16, 2016, 12:45:56 PM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/GLFOP/status/776835821123018753

Largest Union to endorse him yet.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 12:46:45 PM »

Ugh, plz un-endorse, thanks
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 12:55:37 PM »

The one union endorsement I am happy to let him have.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 12:56:14 PM »

The one union endorsement I am happy to let him have.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 01:06:35 PM »

Not surprised. Police unions this year (some of them) are disappointed with Black Lives Matter's rhetoric soaring into the Democratic Party and the far left.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 01:16:01 PM »

Not all police are scum.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 01:19:09 PM »

Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 01:19:30 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2016, 01:21:01 PM by Spicy Purrito »

To many Americans the meme of the Thin Blue Line gives the optics of those Americans having no part in the Common Good. That's why Obama played so well after so many whether they be veterans or civilians, questioned the loyalty of the Iraq War Protestors.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 01:21:04 PM »

Always nice to get a reminder of how radical some of you all are.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 01:22:36 PM »

whenever the murder of a black kid occurs...

NOT ALL POLICE.

but now we know that they all stand behind Darren Wilson, Brian Rice, Alicia White, William Porter, Garrett Miller, Caeser Goodson, Stephen Rankin and many many others.

sickening.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 01:24:03 PM »

I think my thoughts are is how do we live in a society where people who need basically hate us?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 01:29:36 PM »

NOT ALL POLICE.

but now we know that they all stand behind Darren Wilson, Brian Rice, Alicia White, William Porter, Garrett Miller, Caeser Goodson, Stephen Rankin and many many others.

sickening.

True, but some of those victims were not good people. That's for another day, though.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2016, 01:30:19 PM »

NOT ALL POLICE.

sickening.

True, but some of those victims were not good people. That's for another day, though.

so they deserved to die?
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2016, 01:31:20 PM »

And it is always nice to remember how you are willing to defend someone who covers for people who kill and get away with it.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2016, 01:33:13 PM »

Being upset that armed thugs are murdering innocent civilians is radical now?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 01:34:20 PM »

NOT ALL POLICE.

sickening.

so they deserved to die?

No, they didn't. But some of them should not be seen as saints. Those cops should be in jail, but what are people going to do, cause more riots? The system needs to change, but the anti-cop hatred needs to stop as well.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 01:37:49 PM »

Being upset that armed thugs are murdering innocent civilians is radical now?

When you have people in the BLM movement making statements that are targeting cops, yes it can be seen as radical. Those cops that did those murders should be weeded out. However, if you don't like the police, call someone else if you are in trouble. That's all.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 01:44:33 PM »

NOT ALL POLICE.

sickening.

so they deserved to die?

No, they didn't. But some of them should not be seen as saints. Those cops should be in jail, but what are people going to do, cause more riots? The system needs to change, but the anti-cop hatred needs to stop as well.

"Riots" are the only option when the criminal justice system guarantees that it's members are allowed to get away with these crimes. The state has proven time and time again that it will give members of it's standing army a pass for any murders that they commit, so obviously people are going to use an alternative to the broken legal system to seek justice.

Not all of those victims were saints though. I understand the riots, but it only fuels more racial discontent. Both Black Lives Matter + Trump have done so. If you hate the police so badly, don't expect them to enter those communities. Period.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 01:45:45 PM »

NOT ALL POLICE.

sickening.

so they deserved to die?

"Riots" are the only option when the criminal justice system guarantees that it's members are allowed to get away with these crimes. The state has proven time and time again that it will give members of it's standing army a pass for any murders that they commit, so obviously people are going to use an alternative to the broken legal system to seek justice.

Seeking justice in what form? The death of more police officers like what happened in Dallas? Is that justice? No, justice is changing the police system. Not by killing more cops.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 01:57:37 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2016, 01:59:29 PM by bronz4141 »

If you hate the police so badly, don't expect them to enter those communities. Period.

Okay, so at least you admit that I shouldn't expect the police to help the black community. That's a good start.

Seeking justice in what form? The death of more police officers like what happened in Dallas? Is that justice? No, justice is changing the police system. Not by killing more cops.

Speaking of Dallas: If you want to defend the murderers that killed people like Michael Brown because the victims "weren't saints", then I'd love to hear your opinion of Lorne Ahrens, one of the officers who was killed in the Dallas shooting. Assuming that the source is accurate, was his death justified as well?

No. I hate the fact that he was a white supremacist, if that is factual, but no. If you despise cops, call someone else. Brown had a history of baggage. The whole situation is terrible. BLM supports some radical measures that will never make the time of day. Reparations will never happen. Never.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 02:48:24 PM »

Regarding police unions as a structural impediment/obstacle to reform =/= hating cops. And I'm saying this as a Democrat much more sympathetic to LEOs than many on this board. This shouldn't be a hard concept
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 03:41:29 PM »

Regarding police unions as a structural impediment/obstacle to reform =/= hating cops. And I'm saying this as a Democrat much more sympathetic to LEOs than many on this board. This shouldn't be a hard concept
Replace the word police with teachers and tell me if you still agree with that statement.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 03:47:37 PM »

Replace the word police with teachers and tell me if you still agree with that statement.

I actually do, though I think both teachers and police unions have value. I'm not well versed enough in education policy to present a solution myself, but I think it lies somewhere between the union "everything is fine!" And the righy's "abolish all unions, charters and vouchers for everyone!"
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 04:14:04 PM »

Regarding police unions as a structural impediment/obstacle to reform =/= hating cops.  (snip)

This.  Shouldn't be hard for Republicans to get their heads around this one.
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 04:35:07 PM »

I will never understand a union endorsing someone who will nominate judges who will destroy unions.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies