Trump is back to Birtherism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:01:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump is back to Birtherism
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trump is back to Birtherism  (Read 2315 times)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 10:50:39 AM »

“Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy,” Mr. Trump said. “I finished it.”

“President Barack Obama was born in the United States, period,” Mr. Trump said. “Now, we all want to get back to making America strong and great again.”
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »

#Coward.  Pulling this bullsh**t, but with trump you wouldn't expect anything less.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2016, 11:00:53 AM »

“Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy,” Mr. Trump said. “I finished it.”

“President Barack Obama was born in the United States, period,” Mr. Trump said. “Now, we all want to get back to making America strong and great again.”

The claim that Hillary started the birther movement is a anther lie by your hero Mr. Drumpf.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2016, 11:07:26 AM »

Per Guardian, press pool now locked in ballroom after refusal to send cameras on hotel tour, now backdrop has collapsed
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2016, 11:11:50 AM »

This can only be bad for him. It was his only call to fame that he used to rise in politics, and now he is being forced to admit it was all a scam from the beginning.

Now it can be properly attacked and initiate a dialogue on his racist motivations from the very beginning, especially with that lie about the 2008 HRC campaign starting it. Quite a sh**t storm.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2016, 11:12:36 AM »

wow, what a balanced and totally capable person who is capable of being so annoying to the point of making people do what they want!
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2016, 11:15:41 AM »

The question remains, will it matter to voters? Do some white swing voters care? That's the question.

What do you mean?

Will white swing voters care about Trump's foolish birther crap. I don't know if this will still be an issue by the debates.

I don't really understand the logic. If they didn't care before, why would they start now, when Trump "finished" it.

Some of them may want to know why it's back in the news.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2016, 11:16:34 AM »

TDS strikes again! The cult won't abandon him, and the reasonables will appreciate the message.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2016, 11:30:53 AM »

The question remains, will it matter to voters? Do some white swing voters care? That's the question.

What do you mean?

Will white swing voters care about Trump's foolish birther crap. I don't know if this will still be an issue by the debates.

I don't really understand the logic. If they didn't care before, why would they start now, when Trump "finished" it.

Educated likely know this already, so it is at least not negative. May be positive, imho.
Non-educated...  Ehm..  You know...
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2016, 11:32:14 AM »

What do you mean?

Educated likely know this already, so it is at least not negative. May be positive, imho.

I mean, you certainly would know, but do we?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2016, 01:24:30 PM »

HRC's campaign statement on Trump and Birtherism today:

"What Donald Trump just did is a disgrace. Expressing zero regret for years of pushing a racist conspiracy theory, Trump again appointed himself judge and jury on President Obama's citizenship.

Leading the birther movement is deplorable. Attempting to say it "did a great service" to the president who Trump attacked is asinine. When Trump tries to deflect blame for denying that President Obama was born in America, he is lying.

Again, Trump turns his faults on others. Psychologists call it "projecting." Kids call it "I'm rubber, you're glue." This shouldn't have to be said: You don’t just get to say someone else did the worst things you’ve done. It doesn’t work. No one buys it.

Trump has spent years peddling a racist conspiracy aimed at undermining the first African American president. He can't just take it back. The birther lie is what turned Trump from an ordinary reality TV star into a political figure. That origin story can't be unwritten. Trump’s birtherism stems from the same innate beliefs that led to discriminating against black tenants early in his career. That can't be undone.

What Donald Trump should do: for once in his life, own up to his mistakes. Apologize to the president, and the American people."
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2016, 01:33:43 PM »

You can't help but enjoy how triggered cnn got when Trump trolled them into giving him a 20 minute infomercial, Jake tapper looked like he was about to cry
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2016, 01:40:39 PM »

What do you mean?

I mean, you certainly would know, but do we?
It is enough that I and you know it. We'll tell them who don't, so everyone knows.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2016, 02:06:34 PM »

African American turnout will be sky high now
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2016, 02:11:27 PM »

African American turnout will be sky high now

Some of the Black Lives Matter activists may stay home and not vote at all. You may get iffy turnout.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2016, 02:21:41 PM »

this is like someone pointing at water and yelling "THIS IS DRY IT ISN'T WET, I'VE GOT PEOPLE ON BOATS IN THE PACIFIC OCEAN FINDING OUT SHOCKING THINGS." and then someone forcing them to touch water and see in fact that it is wet. Then four years later that person who claimed water is dry then goes "okay, water is wet i guess, but SEE I CLOSED THE DEAL, I MADE IT SO YOU HAD TO PROVE IT, THAT'S WHY I'M GREAT".
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2016, 02:40:30 PM »
« Edited: September 16, 2016, 02:59:21 PM by Shadows »

The fact that he even has to talk about this show how big of a racist the guy. However he is not wrong on Hillary, her campaign had racist undertones & she clearly said she didn't know if Obama was born in US or not or where he was born.

But that was a dirty campaign anyway. Michelle Obama used to come to the campaign trail making dirty comments like someone who can't handle his home is not fit enough to handle the presidency & Barack used to say Hillary got paid & voted for bankruptcy. Between all that & the racist death jokes & even Hillary praising McCain in a big way & blasting Obama at the same time, that was a dirty negative campaign.

I think we were well past those shi* but Trump has taken those little dirt here n there n has blown into the most disgusting bigoted & racist campaign.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2016, 02:53:23 PM »

Its certainly not a positive development.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2016, 03:09:08 PM »

You never know what position Indecisive Donald will take next. Seriously, how does anyone trust this man?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2016, 06:19:23 PM »

This isn't the "end" of anything.  Trump had nothing to say that would have benefited him, so he chose to give the world's shortest ever press conference and leave.

Hillary absolutely can't let him get away with this at the debate and I don't think she will.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2016, 06:24:17 PM »

This isn't the "end" of anything.  Trump had nothing to say that would have benefited him, so he chose to give the world's shortest ever press conference and leave.

Hillary absolutely can't let him get away with this at the debate and I don't think she will.
She is not a moderate, you know?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2016, 08:16:45 PM »

Even Fox News is saying that Clinton didn't start birtherism.

This speaks volumes.

Per Guardian, press pool now locked in ballroom after refusal to send cameras on hotel tour, now backdrop has collapsed

Wut? Srsly?? Link plz?
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2016, 08:41:33 PM »

Amazing.

Hillary had a terrible week and with one 15-second dumb move, Trump gives her back the advantage.
Leaving aside the stupidity of the birther conspiracy theory and the questionable ethics of Trump milking it for so long, can't he even carry out a simple election strategy without tripping over his ego?!?  How did the guy ever succeed in the real estate business?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2016, 08:58:33 PM »

How did the guy ever succeed in the real estate business?

By being a lying narcissist.

Donald Trump is trying to gaslight us.  Don't get swindled by this abusive scam artist.  He was a dishonest racist last week and he's still a dishonest racist today.  That's really the only thing about him that he can consistently deliver.

Results?  Forget about them.  Jobs?  Imaginary and unpaid.  Substantial policy?  He can't do it.

But you never know who he's going to insult next.  His biggest strength is his biggest weakness - he only tears people down.  He can't lift you up.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies